JonnaD

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DonicaB » April 16th, 2007, 9:24 am

Jonna~ I'm glad you're feeling better.

I wanted to thank you for the words of encouragement you wrote in my journal. I really needed to hear it. Goals are all fine and good, but it shouldn't be what motivates me. There are more important things than reaching a certain weight by a certain date. As long as I am sticking to it......it doesn't really matter when I get there.

Thank you again, Jonna. You're a sweetheart! :heart:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby JonnaD » April 16th, 2007, 9:57 am

Thank you and you're welcome. :D
Last edited by JonnaD on April 25th, 2007, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 16th, 2007, 11:31 am

Jonna - hope the doctor was helpful for you today. Sorry that you have been under the weather. Hopefully you have turned the corner and will continue to feel better.

I have not seen the Shooter yet - but did take my kid to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Probably not as good as the Shooter - but my kids enjoyed it..LOL!!
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 16th, 2007, 1:32 pm

Thanks, Suzy. I did find out that the changes in kidney function are subtle, and probably caused by protein overload.

My nutritionist will be getting back to me with the other info. She's been out of the office - she had a baby boy. Mommy and baby are doing well and she is taking care of business from her home.

My grandson (12) is dying for Spiderman III to come out - he's only been talking about it for a year :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Lizabette » April 16th, 2007, 8:15 pm

Hang in there, JONNA!
We're cheering for you to get all better soon! :cheerleader:
As you keep losing weight and getting healthier, it has to get better!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 20th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Hi Jonna - I hope everything is okay and that you are feeling better.
Sue
SuzyQ66

Postby JonnaD » April 20th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Thanks, Lizabette and Suzy.

My blood work is showing improvement on the revised plan. So it looks like I'll be doing four shakes and two regular meals. I heard from my Nutritionist today with my revised ratios: 50% carb/30% protein/ 20% fat. Not exactly the regular plan, but I hope it will work. I didn't lose anything this week, with the revisions. But that might be because I really wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing. :)

I won't be able to check in as often for a while. I'm getting ready to take my fractured fairy tale to a writers' conference in Oklahoma City. I only have two weeks to bring it to a conclusion and have some of my groups read it. :D

I hope everyone does well and the MF fairy is feeling generous this week. :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby DonicaB » April 20th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Hey......good news on your blood work. It sounds like you're getting things figured out with your plan. I'm sure you will see some movement in the scale. It may not be as fast but it will move. I'm sure it might be frustrating to know you may not lose as quickly, but I am so glad that you are doing what is necessary to keep yourself healthy.

Sounds like your book is coming along. How exciting!!!!!! I've always admired people who have the gift of writing. Writing has always been difficult for me. I'm much better at math and technical type stuff. Anyway, I'll be praying for you that you'll be able to finish your book in time and that the words will come easily to you.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby ChynnaDoll » April 20th, 2007, 3:33 pm

Hello Jonna...i am so happy to know that you are doing well, and adjusting to your revised meal plan. The scale WILL move..and it will be in the direction you want it to too..trust me!! Lord i guess i couldn't write a book with that kind of sentence structure...LOL! Boy i'd LOVE to have an extra regular meal:+) hang'n girl!!

How exciting about your book...and you're going to Oaklahoma City toooo...my daughter did her training in the Reserves in Lawton, Oaklahoma. ALLLLL THE LUCK to you Jonna:+))) You'll have to keep us posted!

Love,
Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 21st, 2007, 10:05 am

Thanks, Donica and Chynna.

Now I know what I need to plan for, I hope it works. I'm ready to add some exercise, too so that should help.

Thanks for the good wishes on the book. It's fun to write - a twist on the enchanted frog prince - in this case he's is a frog changed into a human and wants to go back home to the pond. I call it Joshua was a Bullfrog. :lol:

Gotta run. Y'all keep that MF fairy busy, you hear?
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby ChynnaDoll » April 21st, 2007, 10:59 am

Awww, isn't that a sweet title..i LOV'IT:+))

Chynna
ChynnaDoll
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JonnaD » April 21st, 2007, 6:07 pm

Thanks, let's hope the publishers love it, too :D I'd love to hear those two magic words : Bidding War :lol:
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby JonnaD » April 24th, 2007, 9:06 pm

I've been working out the ending on my fantasy/fairy tale frog story. I now know how it will end, now I simply have to move from point A to point B. :shock:

I didn't update my ticker last week. I was a bit discouraged because that was the first week I didn't lose, and in fact gained a little less than a pound. If I hadn't also had my program adjusted again, I might have been able to take it in stride. I was afraid the change would end up costing me everything.

Howsomever (made up word but I love it :D ) this week I lost the nearly a pound I'd gained and a couple more. Yay!! I'm back on track.

I found a frozen dinner which fits in with my calorie and c/p/f ratios - so I don't have to work quite so hard to fit in two meals and 4 MF meals and still stay under 1200 calories. It all adds up so quickly.

My brother called me last night - this is the first time he's called me since he broke three vertabrates in his back earlier this year. Scared the heck out of me when he called from the hospital - he had aortic valve replacement surgery last year and we were very concerned about him re-injuring his heart. But, he's back at work and jetting all over the country.

With the surgery and the back injury he's gained a little weight and wants to lose about thirty pounds. He asked me about the program I am on and I told him to check out TSFL. He has both kidneys and they function well, so he shouldn't have any problems on the full program. I may have a companion on my journey, for a short while anyway, since he has relatively little to lose.

Actually, my son was talking about looking into it also. He was so active in the military and then he came home and went to college and now he works in an office. He's concerned he needs to lose a little - I think he looks great, but I might be a little prejudiced.

I need to get my frog out of his latest misadventure, so I'll be signing off for tonight.

I look forward to reading all the posts after I come back from OK. In the meantime, may the MF fairy be generous with her dust and may the pounds disappear. Image
Last edited by JonnaD on April 25th, 2007, 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonna
JonnaD

Postby Tawanda » April 25th, 2007, 6:03 am

Jonna, that is great news about your weight loss under these new guidelines from your doctor!

Pretty wonderful that you are a testament to how well MF works, even when the program needs tweaking for a person's particular situation/circumstances!

I hope things turn out the way you want for your book---the ending and for marketing it.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Pashta » April 25th, 2007, 6:04 am

Congrats, Jonna! I'm sure it would be fun to have family join you in Medifasting, wish my family would hehe. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal