JenPearson's Journal

1 Thread per registered User.

JenPearson's Journal

Postby JenPearson » July 2nd, 2008, 11:19 am

This is my fourth day on the program. I decided to go ahead and begin the program even though i have my mom in town and staying with me. She loves carbs and has taken me through a literal hell of amazing cookies and cakes and pasta this visit. I think perhaps she wants to keep me as I am. I have resisted the past 2 of four days by using bizarro visualization techniques from NLP that have worked! I am now in ketosis and I can sure feel it. I know I am losing weight.
But now I have stomach cramps and "related" issues. Quite frankly I wish I were constipated. I really am wondering if this diet is a good idea. But I sure would love to find my chin again. :lol:
Last edited by JenPearson on July 2nd, 2008, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kicking the carb addiction

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgxNLgQ/]
[/url]
JenPearson

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » July 2nd, 2008, 11:44 am

Welcome to the forum Jen! Congratulations to you for sticking with it... I might have caved in with all those goodies surrounding me! I promise you this is the right thing to do. You will have no regrets when you see your results. They will come quickly as you stick with the program!

Good luck you! We're all here for you! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » July 2nd, 2008, 12:54 pm

Welcome! Your tummy should be better soon; it can take up to a week or so to adjust sometimes. Stick with it, and you'll be SO glad you did.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby JenPearson » July 2nd, 2008, 1:21 pm

Thank you for your kind words; they sure do help. I realize my stomach cramping may be menstrual. Bodies. (sigh...) Can't live without em.
Last edited by JenPearson on July 2nd, 2008, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/url]
JenPearson

Postby rodeomom » July 2nd, 2008, 2:09 pm

Keep on keeping on!!! Those "related issues" will not last long. I had problems at first too, but after the first week I felt amazingly wonderful!!

You are through the toughest part! You are strong to be able to do this while someone else is there and tempting you.

You are doing the right thing and it won't be long before that chin shows up in all its wonderful glory!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby Mike » July 2nd, 2008, 3:12 pm

Congrats Jen,

Keep on going and you will do fine.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SharonR » July 2nd, 2008, 4:27 pm

Hi there, I just wanted to welcome you! I am ending my week two tomorrow. It's worth it, just keep it up, you will be feeling better in no time. :)
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby jayzoe » July 2nd, 2008, 8:04 pm

just wanted to join in the welcoming :mrgreen: and mention that when I first started and still occasionally I had some tummy troubles :oops: I found that Lactaid worked realllllly well for that, for whatever reason, I think I read about it on the other Medifast board and it works for me! Best of luck...
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight -- Proverbs 3:5-6
jayzoe
Trusted Member - #40 Club

lady at work

Postby JenPearson » July 3rd, 2008, 8:43 am

So I made it (so far) throught the gauntlet of my mom and now my boyfriend (who wanted me to lose weight!) tempting me with the sweets. Then I go to work and I have a medifast packet on my desk for breakfast (strawberry shake-delicious!). A co worker asks me if I am on medifast. (She is over 300 pounds.) I say yes. She tells me that she was on it and eventually gave it up because the food is filled with little plastic pellets and that's what fills you up. :shock: I replied with just a blank stare and told her I was losing weight already.

Holy Smokes. People. It's been a very interesting social experiment so far. Much like breaking out of any pattern, I see so many people trying to keep me a certain way. It's like I'm stretching the social rubberband, but it's not going to snap me back to the old ways. I am going to win.

And I'm going to look good when this is over and they will probably be jealous.

I am noting a win: I walked past a frozen gelato counter last night and had the opportunity to get my favorite, rare, frozen dessert. But since I was in ketosis, I didn't even want it. Victory is mine. :mrgreen:

[/url]
JenPearson

Postby rodeomom » July 3rd, 2008, 11:46 am

Plastic pellets to keep you full???? WHAT THE HECK???? :scratch: Yea, I guess people will say anything, won't they? How sad for her that she chose not to remain on the program because of false information (I will choose to believe that someone told her that and not that she made it up on her own). Medifast is a doctor reccommended product.

YAY! :bravo: for you for not falling victim to those that want you to fail. Sure they may not "think" or "believe" that they want you to fail, but that sure sounds like the situation.

Great job on passing the temptation of a treat, too. Now you need to reward yourself for being so strong with a manicure, pedicure or go rent a movie you have been wanting to see. You deserve something special.

Oh, and as for the boyfriend who wants you to lose weight. Umm, a little support would be nice - or is he affraid you will find a better catch when you are thin and rocking HOT? Sure hope you are doing this for you and not for him!
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 3rd, 2008, 1:00 pm

Great job on passing up the gelato! :boing: I love gelato, too, and last weekend I found out that they just opened a brand new gelato shop at the new mall close to us! Argh! I'll be avoiding that end of the mall, for sure.
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mike » July 3rd, 2008, 3:53 pm

On the plastic pellets thing... totally false information. Medifast is closely monitored by the FDA and it must list all of the ingredients that are in its products. When I read the list, I see nothing that could even be construed as anything plastic.

Anyhow, perhaps you might want to double check with her on that one.

Have a great day and keep at it.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby Diana » July 6th, 2008, 3:13 am

Yay, Jen!! Go get 'em!!

I'm sure you've found it, but we have a Sunday Roll Call where folks chime in with their progress for the week.

See you there! Again, congrats and welcome!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 6th, 2008, 3:39 am

I hope your holiday weekend is going great! :D
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Mike » July 6th, 2008, 9:38 am

Hey Jen, how are you doing? :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

Mike

Next

Return to My Journal