JenPearson's Journal

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » July 22nd, 2008, 11:42 am

Ha. I still remember when my dad offered to pay for me to go to Weight Watchers, then kept bringing me brownies from the bakery "because I know you like them." People don't think.

Can you set it out to "share" with everyone else? Otherwise, I'd set it aside, take it home and either give it away or toss it.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Mike » July 22nd, 2008, 8:58 pm

Jen,

Hang tough. Its interesting sometimes how others try to be "nice" and without thinking, they are attempting to sabotage us. There are other times when people do it just to test us. You are doing great and so just hang in there, I know you can.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby BiggerInTexas » July 23rd, 2008, 7:17 am

We get a lot of free food at work, and there's always tons of left-overs. We're all trying to be careful about what we eat, so often do what Robin suggested - we put everything out to share with everyone who passes thru the office. Putting out the food would definitely send a message to your co-worker that although you appreciate her gift (sorta), you are firm in your convictions.
BiggerInTexas
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby JenPearson » July 31st, 2008, 10:42 am

I haven't weighed myself in a while since I seem unable to stick to the program exactly. I fall off, I get back on , I fall off, I get back on.
I am not eating near as much as I used to and I have all but one meal medifast, but I do have some bread -not much-but enough to stop the system from working. I suppose.
Anyway, I'm still in the game. I love the dark chocolate shake with a passion but i do have to have ice in it for it to mix properly. But then, it's like Dairy Queen. Excellent. I feel like Im taking much better care of my diet. I may or may not be losing weight but my pants fit much looser. It's almost comical. Clown pants. perhaps I should work up the courage and weigh in just to see where I'm at.
kicking the carb addiction

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgxNLgQ/]
[/url]
JenPearson

Postby rodeomom » July 31st, 2008, 4:53 pm

I often enjoyed the many other signs that I was succeeding (like loose clothing) better than anything the scale would show me. Scales are so persnickity really and it is really just a number. My shape, my size and my energy level were always better indicators for me than the scale.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » August 1st, 2008, 10:43 am

Happy Friday, Jen!

You what's funny? I had to break my own dear, sweet, well-intended husband of that very thing!! (smooches to Mike) He saw it as a sign of love and, in a way, intimacy. He didn't understand at first how I saw it as sabotage and disrespect.

I bet you'd find a very happy surprise on the scale given the clown pants! You know, the number on the scale is simply a quantitative byproduct of choosing a healthier life. Sounds like, overall, you're doing that.

You're right about the bread -- no suppose about it. The point at which a person is no longer content with the progress s/he's making is usually the point at which those things start getting left behind.

Steady on, my dear! Steady on! :walk:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » September 10th, 2008, 2:08 pm

So... how are you dong girl. Curious minds are wondering.... :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to My Journal