JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby JeepGirl » September 20th, 2006, 5:48 pm

;)
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sojourner » September 21st, 2006, 1:22 am

Jenn, maybe if we had a PICTURE of you, people wouldn't get so confused...
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » September 21st, 2006, 5:46 am

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 21st, 2006, 8:16 am

I will see if I can get Tom to take a decent one today for my avatar. Ya know years ago my friend Marissa and I were getting crap at the twin parents site for never posting pictures of ourselves. So one day we posted them but we both posted a picture of her. It actually took a while for people to realize it wasnt really me.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby kendra_m » September 22nd, 2006, 6:31 am

ebony868 wrote:Jenn,

Do I sense another Christian here? I really struggle with this. My friend's dh and I have shared books about this subject. Coming to terms with who we are in Christ eyes and being who God made us to be not who we think we should be.

Thanks for the reminder.

I don't know if I'm doing the quote thing right, but I remember y'all talking about books related to accepting ourselves in Christ's eyes, etc. I just bought the book The Confident Woman by Joyce Meyer. It's very much addressing that issue for women specifically. I'm only about 3 chapters into it... so far, it's talking about the need for confidence (that part, i get)... but not yet about how to get there, which is what I need to work on. I'll give ya a more complete review when I'm done :D

Kendra

:hatch: Finding the new me!!
--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby JeepGirl » September 22nd, 2006, 7:28 am

Ahh Kendra you did good Girl! ;)

I saw that book the other day and almost got it. Let me know whatcha think and I may pick it up when I am on one of my daily Walmart forages.
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 22nd, 2006, 7:33 am

I fear reading a book like that would make me have to actually look at myself and change. I am not so good at that. I tend to read and think "well that is a good idea" but I never put into practice what I learn.
Prancer

Postby kendra_m » September 23rd, 2006, 12:33 pm

Such a good way to summarize that, Jenn. I've steered clear of some of these books in the past too, for that very same reason, tho I didn't understand that for a long time.

One cool point that she makes in this book is that we, as women, don't have problems with loving ourselves just because of ourselves as individuals and our own issues, but also because of how women have been treated historically by society. So we've all basically started with this very ingrained baseline of "women are less", even if philosophically we don't believe it, many of our ancestors surely did. I liked that point, cuz it took some of the personal responsibility off my shoulders and so I dont' have to beat myself up about beating myself up!

I remember having an 'aha' moment in my own life about that... I was in my early 20's and had gone to visit an old country cemetary with my grandmother. We walked among the tombstones, with her pointing out to me the many people that we were related to. I felt very connected to the women and realized that I'm not just me.... I'm a compilation of all of these women who have come before me... and some of my deep issues are related to the struggles they had in their lives. Maybe its a weird thing, but it made me feel good to realize it's not all just about me.

(or else i am just crazy and this helps me stay in denial! ;) )

Hope y'all are having a good weekend!
Kendra

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby Prancer » September 23rd, 2006, 4:06 pm

Kendra I was responding to an email from my sister the other day and told her "well you will go back to being treated like a door mat because that is who our mother raised us to be" Its true. My mother has always let our father walk all over her and treat her bad. Now my sister and I are both like that. We let people use us to the point where we have nothing left to give and just cry. But the next day we go back for more.

I think you would like the book Lies Women Believe...I am trying to remember who it is by... Elizabeth something. It is along the same lines as the one you are talking about.
Prancer

Postby kendra_m » September 23rd, 2006, 8:03 pm

I'll have to look for that book.... I'm hoping that our generation can bust out of those patterns a bit more, we have so many more resources at our disposal... but they're tough patterns to break.

:heart: to you and your sis!

--------------
10# - 9/11/06
20# - 9/24/06
30# - 11/5/06
40# - 11/19/06
kendra_m

Postby Prancer » September 24th, 2006, 7:22 am

Kendra you are a sweetheart. The book's full title is Lies Women Believe and the Truth that sets them free. There is actually a workbook that goes with it too.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » September 26th, 2006, 7:48 pm

LOL I was thinking I havent been here in my journal in days. Apparently I have no clue what day it is.

SO I am back on the MF wagon, doing well. I had been up 4 pounds and this moring back down to where I am supposed to be. I am still kind of bored with my L&G dinners. Food doesnt interest me at all.

NSV...tonight at my son's FB game I was standing on the sidelines talking to a woman from my Church who was there to see her grandsons play. We were just chatting along and she said "have you lost a lot of weight, you look like you have" I said "well I guess that depends on what you consider a lot" So I told her how much and she said she thinks its a lot. Seems 35 is the magic number for people to notice your WL.

Um I dont know if any of you watch Gilmore Girls but Kirk just drove thru Lukes window and my jaw about hit the keyboard.

We re did our room this past week. Painted it, new closest organizer thing with shelves etc and today a new area rug. I love my room now. Actual point, I found a suit that I wore to a wedding when I was 2 months preg with Jarod (so that was 1998) and it was size 12/13. It really looked small, I cant believe I fit in it. I do have several pictures of me in it from that wedding but I cant believe it looking at it now. SO that is now my goal outfit.

Oh and did any of you know that Regina is not married to Craig??? Yup you heard it here first, she is married to some dude named Daniel. Threw me for a loop. I bet when Craig finds out he is going to be a bit perplexed himself.

Made ya laugh didnt I sista???
Prancer

Postby Sojourner » September 27th, 2006, 12:22 am

Reginia
Reginia
Reginia

:exercise:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » September 27th, 2006, 8:01 am

OMG :roll: that is so funny Sista! I didnt even realize those tings had his 1st name until you said that LOL

hehe Soj~~ Thanks Chick..it seems my own Sis cant spell my name! :idontknow:

woohooo Jenn on your NSV! That is awesome!! How bout posting that pic from the wedding! :) :poke:
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 27th, 2006, 8:16 am

Ya know every time I write your name I say to myself "I know it is spelled different" but am way too lazy to figure out what is different. :oops:

Pictures from that wedding?? Ugh that was so long ago. Maybe if I ever fit in the outfit again I will post picture from now and then.

Having Janet say something about my weight loss yesterday really made me happy that this is working. She and her daughters are VERY weight conscience.
Prancer

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal