JennP

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Prancer » September 15th, 2006, 7:57 am

Thanks for the support girls. I need to stop beating myself up so much. As soon as I make the slightest slip (like a teaspoon of mac and cheese with my kids dinner) I berate myself for the longest time and it ends up being my down fall. I give up completely. When Tom and I were having our spat the other night I told him that I'm not perfect and if he wanted someone perfect he better look around. I think I need to start coming to terms with the fact that I am never going to be perfect no matter how much I weigh. I might lose 100 pounds but I wont ever have surgery so I will always have the skin, I might gain 100 pounds but I am still a good mother and wife....I dont know how to pick my battles and decide when enough is enough.
Prancer
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Prancer » September 16th, 2006, 6:36 am

So I am the same today as yesterday. I wonder what the differences would be if I had a scale that had tenths on it like some people here do. I think I would drive myself buggy. When I first got on it was 226 then it did that bouncing around thing and ended back on good old 229. I think 229 needs to walk out the freaking door. I wanted to be lower tomorrow for weigh in. I dont know how well today is going to go because my sinuses are bothering me and I dont feel like eating.

I think I need to make a dr appt too. I am on two blood pressure meds right now Prinivil 20mg and Norvasc 5mg. I have been very light headed lately which makes me think my BP is going low. I check it at the machine in walmart when I think of it (I am there nearly every day) Yesterday it was 116/69 I dont think that is low but lower then my body is used to. I was going to wait until after my bday to make the appt because I am hoping to be down 50 by then. I dont know if I will make it another 5 weeks though.
Prancer

Postby JeepGirl » September 16th, 2006, 7:47 am

Girl you do not want a scale that does tenths--mine drives me batty! lol
Speaking of which I aint weighed in 4 days :shock: which I think may be a record for me lol

I surely hope you get your BP gets in line soon!
*Walmart is an evil place I am there like once a day if not more*

As for being Perfect..no one is perfect in this world. No matter how much celebs and others want ppl to think they are perfect, which perfect skin, perfect weight, perfect smile, etc..they aint. I have never aspired to be perfect not even to myself. I accept that I have flaws, like my crooked front tooth, and one eye is bluer than the other ;) Even when I get to goal I know I will still have flaws and I will have to accept that. My main goal is to live long and healthy, to be able to play with my kids & not get winded, oh and to walk into a room beside Craig and no longer cringe when I get the "why is he with her" looks--cause I know one day that wont be happening.

You are a wonderful person and if you would like I can come up there and beat that into ya :D

I hope your sinuses feel better soon!!!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby ebony868 » September 16th, 2006, 8:43 am

Jenn,

You are as perfect as Jenn can be, today! Always remember who you are whose you are: You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Jeep Girl....I had to smile honey. I get the exact same looks when I walk into a room with my fit and handsome husband! It's amazing isn't it?
251/245/180 Start Date 09/11/06 (a day of new beginnings)

ebony868

Postby Prancer » September 16th, 2006, 8:47 am

ebony868 wrote:Jenn,

You are as perfect as Jenn can be, today! Always remember who you are whose you are: You are fearfully and wonderfully made!

Jeep Girl....I had to smile honey. I get the exact same looks when I walk into a room with my fit and handsome husband! It's amazing isn't it?

Do I sense another Christian here? I really struggle with this. My friend's dh and I have shared books about this subject. Coming to terms with who we are in Christ eyes and being who God made us to be not who we think we should be.

Thanks for the reminder.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » September 16th, 2006, 8:54 am

JeepGirl wrote:Girl you do not want a scale that does tenths--mine drives me batty! lol
Speaking of which I aint weighed in 4 days :shock: which I think may be a record for me lol

I surely hope you get your BP gets in line soon!
*Walmart is an evil place I am there like once a day if not more*

As for being Perfect..no one is perfect in this world. No matter how much celebs and others want ppl to think they are perfect, which perfect skin, perfect weight, perfect smile, etc..they aint. I have never aspired to be perfect not even to myself. I accept that I have flaws, like my crooked front tooth, and one eye is bluer than the other ;) Even when I get to goal I know I will still have flaws and I will have to accept that. My main goal is to live long and healthy, to be able to play with my kids & not get winded, oh and to walk into a room beside Craig and no longer cringe when I get the "why is he with her" looks--cause I know one day that wont be happening.

You are a wonderful person and if you would like I can come up there and beat that into ya :D

I hope your sinuses feel better soon!!!

Ok I was going to quote part of this and reply then I read more and realized I need to do it all.

Walmart is right next to our house. Literally our property and their property meet. Soon we will have Lowes on the back side so not only will our side property line share with Walmart but our back with Lowes. CHA CHING

Ok my long lost twin. One of the biggest things that has always upset me is that people look at Tom and I and think "what the heck is this all about" Tom is beyond amazing not just looks but he is about as close to perfect as a person can be. He is good with kids, excells at every single sport imaginable, very hard worker, does a lot for others...on and on. Even my own parents asked him what he saw in me and have told him he could do better. My friend Rose and I always talk about how when people see us with our husbands they cant help but thing "HUH?" I cant believe you mentioned the same thing.

Oh and if you want to come up to beat things into me thats ok, its an excuse to get you up here so we can meet and hang out.

Oh and last night I was laying in bed thinking about why your mother named you and Shay lilke that. Normally twin names are similar in some way, yours are not. She has a more modern name while yours is more classic. Whats up with that??
Prancer

Postby ebony868 » September 16th, 2006, 9:19 am

JennP wrote:
ebony868 wrote:Jenn,

Do I sense another Christian here? I really struggle with this. My friend's dh and I have shared books about this subject. Coming to terms with who we are in Christ eyes and being who God made us to be not who we think we should be.

Thanks for the reminder.

Guilty as charged! I am a Christian. I have just a couple quotes that refocus me. The one above and when the day doesn't seem so great... "This is the day the Lord had made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."
251/245/180 Start Date 09/11/06 (a day of new beginnings)

ebony868

Postby JeepGirl » September 16th, 2006, 12:29 pm

hehe I swear the checklist is gettin longer and longer!!

Yea I am like you as well as Ebony in regards to having sexy husbands. I mean I know good & well that we are suppossed to this totally for ourselves but I will be the first to admit I want to be able to stand tall beside him and be proud, not be down & out because I am not on the same "level" as him.

My Mom didnt know she was having twins either time she did it. She had my name picked out because it was the name of her friend but even though I was 2nd I think she was so shocked that she wrote the wrong names on the certs LOL I have no idea where she pulled Shalena from. We know NO ONE named that and she has never explained it.
The younger twins are Melissa & Colette..once again she had no idea until #2 was born so I dont think they could think of similar names. LOL
JeepGirl

Postby JeepGirl » September 16th, 2006, 12:48 pm

JennP wrote:My friend's dh and I have shared books about this subject. Coming to terms with who we are in Christ eyes and being who God made us to be not who we think we should be.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hey Sis do you have books that you would recommend? I could always use more help with this above what I know in my heart.
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 16th, 2006, 2:37 pm

JeepGirl wrote:
JennP wrote:My friend's dh and I have shared books about this subject. Coming to terms with who we are in Christ eyes and being who God made us to be not who we think we should be.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hey Sis do you have books that you would recommend? I could always use more help with this above what I know in my heart.

I have to go look for the one I have that is pretty good. I will send it to you. I did a study once on a book called "Lies Women believe and the Truth that sets them free" it touches on a lot of subjects that I have trouble with.
Prancer

Postby Prancer » September 17th, 2006, 9:33 am

Ugh, how did I get sick??? I feel like poo. I had a horrible night's sleep then got up this morning and brought my son to the dr. He is suffering too. They put him on a second allergy medication now. So he takes singular in the morning and Zyrtec in the evening. Poor kid. On top of that he has to have an inhaler at times too. Today is not going to be a good day, I feel it in my bones.

I started MF wearing a size 30/32 top (I am bigger on top) and size 22 stretch jeans were tight. Today I am wearing size 18 jeans and 22/24 top. Its weird. My friend and I went shopping yesterday and she was looking for jeans. She ended up getting size 20 jeans. She has always been MUCH smaller then me. Now I am getting smaller. WOO HOO.
Prancer

Postby JeepGirl » September 17th, 2006, 9:43 am

lol I shoulda looked here before mine. I am sorry Caleb is sick. We went through that same exact thing with Eli a few years ago but thankfull he has outgrown it!

I sure hope you feel better real soon! I bet the clothes NSV made ya feel a little better though! Congrats that is awesome. You are doing so good!!!
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 17th, 2006, 11:59 am

Thanks Reg!!

Today I really kept looking at myself in the mirror from the side. For some reason that outfit seemed to show my weight loss a lot. I wonder if I bought clothes that fit me instead of 2 sizes to big I would be happier with how I look.

Caleb is definitely my sick one. He was the smallest at birth (4#) and his lungs werent developed. Since then he has had several other issues ranging from excema to allergies and asthma. All stem from being the fair haired and skinned child. Jarod my oldest is the one with ear infections and strep throat all the time. They want to test him at a non strep time to see if he is actually a carrier in which case they wont treat him when he gets it. DUH. He has even had scarlett fever in the past. Miss thing, my girl, she is the healthiest of the bunch. Go figure. She has been sick maybe once or twice in 6yrs. Last spring both boys got horrible stomach bugs and were throwing up for a week. She breezed thru it with not even a burp, lol.
Prancer

Postby JeepGirl » September 17th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Heavens to betsy girl..I am sure if ya get clothes that are not baggy then you will be able to see a big difference. I have always worn clothes that fit..even at my highest because I had the mentality that I wasnt as big as the scale said. I was never one to wear major baggy stuff. I think that is why with even a small loss I can tell a diff in my clothes.

Ack @ Caleb. He sounds just like Eli. Born tiny, under 5lbs, and always catching everything. We did the eczema thing before the allergy phase when he was allergic to everything even catsup!! and had to carry inhalers everywhere. Now Thankfully the only thing he is allergic to is the bee/wasps so we have to be careful for those!

Emma hmm she gets weird stuff. LOL she had a severe rash last yr and they ran all these awful tests to find out it was a freaky staph infection.
Other than stuff like that they are both generally healthy now!

I sure hope Caleb and yourself feel better!!
JeepGirl

Postby Prancer » September 17th, 2006, 12:47 pm

I have a phrase that drives people nuts about my clothes "I dont like them to touch me" It was a mental hiding issue for me.

The singlar already seems to be clearing him up some. I bought some zicam today and I am going to try that and see if I can get some sleep. My bed is calling.

My sister has very bad allergies as well as severe excema. She just went to the derm. this week to get a stronger steroid for her excema because it is spreading. She has a son who is 16 who has very bad allergies and a son who is 10 months old and he has them now too. The baby has been struggling with excema since birth as well. He had horrible cradle cap and his face broke out no matter what she used on him. Luckily that has gotten better but they have to use special soap. I think Caleb is her kid not mine.
Prancer

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal