iammissruth

1 Thread per registered User.

iammissruth

Postby iammissruth » October 18th, 2007, 7:26 am

OK, so I haven't officially started MF. But I have ordered a sample and I am SO excited to start. I am giddy with anticipation. :-P I wish that I had found this site about 2 months ago. I was looking into MF and the diet just too good to be true. So I start WW and while WW is a great program, I haven't lost that much weight. And it is way too easy to cheat on the program...
So here I am. 22 years old with an 8 month old daughter. I work full time and go to college part time. I weighed 205 pounds this morning....
Yesterday when I got home from work, I told my husband about finding this site and all the RL and real struggles of other people with the same goal in mind. He was happy that I was able to buy a sample before I went and got a months supply and hate the program. There was the look of approval on his face when I told him that I ordered MF. He is being an incredible support for me. He isn't being judgemental at all. He sees me working on my diet with WW and working out with no avail. I can't wait to show and impress him with my soon to be new body.
Right now I am SO motivated to lose this pesky weight. I am GOING to lose this weight for my health, myself, my husband, and more importantly, my daughter. I want to be around for as long as I can. I may be only 22, but I know what my life's greatest accomplishment is. She's about 21 pounds, 30 inches tall, and loves to be tickled and laugh.
Ruth
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » October 18th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Hi Ruth! Can't wait to see your progress...
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » October 18th, 2007, 2:56 pm

I think it is so great that you are excited about starting AND that your hubby appears to be supportive. So many people look at this as some kind of death sentance that we impose on ourselves. I really can't believe how great I feel since I started!

The key to this is getting through the first 3 days. They may be your hardest. That might be when you feel hungry before 3 hours, remember that the suggestion is 2-3 hours so plan accordingly. Give the food a chance and don't discount any of it. Your tastes WILL change and something you don't like at first may turn into your favorite. Don't think about what you are denying yourself, instead look ahead to what you will be able to give yourself when you reach goal.

Congratulations on such a great decision.

The sample is a good idea, but you could have gotten the better deal of the variety pack and free week risk free. If you didn't like it you could have returned any unused portion and gotten 100% refund. That is how good this program is.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby oubelqasse » October 18th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Congratulations for taking the first steps in making your health better for yourself, your hubby, but most of all for your children!

As like myself, I am on this journey to not only satisfy myself, but most of all for my children. I refuse to continue being FAT and will not stop until I reach my goal. Like youself I am pretty young, 27, and have 2 small children, Zach who is 3 years old and Sarah who is 3 month old.

We are all here for your. If you need anything, let us know. Everyone is very supportive, encouraging, but most of all we are here to answer any and all of your question.

Key things to remember, the frist few days are hard, but if you stick it out for at least 1 week, YOU WILL be happy with your results. Take it one day at a time and get ready, because here your come!
Stephanie Stats:
RE-COMMITTED on : 03/30/2009
Starting Weight: 239
Current Weight: 234
Total Weight Loss: 5 Lbs
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby iammissruth » October 19th, 2007, 9:05 am

Ok. So my sample has shipped and I can be expecting on Tuesday. :D :D Dave is being completely supportive. I was talking to him some more about MF last night, and he looked over the information and is going to help me by not bringing in a lot of chocolate and sweets into the house.
Once I start MF, I know there is an adjustment period, but how long should I wait before I add exercise into the mix?
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » October 19th, 2007, 9:41 am

3 weeks and start slowly. If you have already been exercising do half of that to start. Many people, myself included, found walking the best way to start exercising again if they hadn't been exercising in a while.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby iammissruth » October 24th, 2007, 6:52 am

Ok, so I got my sample yesterday and I am going to place my first order. I wasn't prepared this morning. I forgot to put water in the fridge so this morning I had to put ice in my shake. Which wasn't bad, it was just thicker and gritter than I am used to.
So I am gonna put in my order and impatiently wait for it to come. :x I guess that I should have just put in an order instead of getting a sample, but I didn't know what to expect and now I do. :D
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » October 24th, 2007, 7:41 am

So I guess that means you like it! Good for you! I'm already thinking about what I want in my next order. And by the way, guess what I've been eating for breakfast all week--apple and cinnamon oatmeal. Go figure, the one I didn't try. I do add cinnamon to it. Or maybe it's like everyone here says, your tastes change after being on it.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » October 24th, 2007, 7:51 am

heheh, go figure. :lol: How are you feeling?
I am customizing my first order. :D I was going through the recipes and the banana muffins sounds SSSSOOOOO good.
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » October 24th, 2007, 1:54 pm

I am feeling much better since the antibiotics kicked in, thank you for asking!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » October 25th, 2007, 5:37 am

Ok, so I was thinking about it... My daughter will be having her first birthday at the beginning of Feb, I wonder how much weight I can lose by then. If I were to officially start by November 1st, that would give me a solid 3 months before her b-day and I would hopefully, definitely be in 100's and not teettering the line. That is my goal at the moment. To be out of the 200's. I am so close at the moment, but everything I start to make progress with getting a lower number on the scale, I do something to mess myself up. Isn't that the story of my life....
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » October 25th, 2007, 7:54 am

Aren't you right around 200 right now? Good lord, if you are compliant you should have NO problem being in the 100s by Feb. This is different this time, you're not going to mess up. Have some faith in yourself!!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby iammissruth » October 25th, 2007, 9:50 am

This is my new face towards junk food. :lol: This is my precious daughter 5 months ago.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Mike » October 25th, 2007, 11:43 am

Beautiful little one there Ruth.

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby jskm » October 25th, 2007, 1:53 pm

What a pretty little girl!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Next

Return to My Journal