iammissruth

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 5:38 am

I have to say, after writing that bite me post, I felt a little depressed. A little teared up. But I had a laugh with my coworkers and felt a lot better. I think I needed to get out that aggression.
Last night we actually handed out candy at our house. We curled up on the couch and watched Spider-Man 3 together. I had been told by neighbors that our street normally had a lot of kids come around, so I went out and bought a couple bags of candy, only to have about 20 kids come around. So dh and I ate some candy while we watched the movie. I had 7 pieces. 2 normal sized Reece's cups and 5 bite sized candies (You know the 1/2 inch cube candies?)
So yesterday when I got home, my MF box was there. DH watched me bring it in and it took him a minute to remember what I ordered. But he watched me open up the box saying "I was a kid in a candy store" I was SO excited that I got my package. I dug into the box, packed 4 days worth of meals in lunch bags, put two in a plastic bag to take to work. I woke up with morning with a mission. I am so ready to not be "fat" anymore. I made myself a dutch choco shake with raspberry sf syrup and it was delish. While I was drinking that I was putting some cinnamon and Splenda Brown Sugar in tupperware to take to work.
While I had my official weigh in for this morning. I am up weight, but I kinda knew that was coming. :x So I have updated my tracker to reflect the weight gain. It's not gonna be a gain for much longer ;)
OH! and dh told me last night that his dad was coming into town with his gf. And they want to get together for dinner on Friday night and then again on Monday night. (They are just passing through on their drive to his gf's dad's house about 90 miles away) Crap! What do I do at dinner? Get a salad with chicken? Or do I take a medifast soup? EEERRRR, couldn't they come out NEXT week, or next month. Give me some friggin time on the program!
Here is a picture of Makayla and I Tuesday night. We got her in her costume the night before so we could make sure the alterations fit her. (the lady cut and sniped the perfect amount! :D ) Please don't mind the messand the fact that my eyes are shut ;) Unca Tim, I know that you are problably going to adjust the size. ;) But here we are!

and here is a better one of her outfit. Don't mind dh, he hates his picture taken.

Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 5:57 am

OH! And that same candy bucket got a long glare from me this morning. :shoot: Thank goodness that dh is taking it to daycare this morning. (I was trying to find a glare smiley but I guess shooting the bucket of candy works too. ;) )
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby bikipatra » November 1st, 2007, 6:02 am

Great pics! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 7:56 am

Ok, I just had my second meal. I had apple cinnamon oatmeal, and I got through all of it except the last bite. I started gagging. Has this happened to anyone else?
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » November 1st, 2007, 8:05 am

She is adorable!!!!!

Do you mean you got through most of it and then were too full to finish? Yes, that was happening to me the first week. I'm so happy you got your package! Good luck--I know you can do it!!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 9:05 am

I might have been too full. I took the full 15 minutes to eat it, and you know when you eat something that isn't agreeing with you, how you start to get the gagging/throwing up feeling? Well, I got that on my last bite, so I just spit that back out and downed a bottle of water. OMG! I am going to the bathroom EVERY 15 minutes!
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Mike » November 1st, 2007, 10:41 am

Glad things are going okay for you. Hang in there, the food gets better. I've learned recently that our taste buds do renew themselves after we have been off of sweet and salty foods for a while.
You might want to add a packet of splenda to help with the oatmeal.

On the going out to dinner, just make sure that you go somewhere that offers a good salad with some meat (Applebees, Chilis, Marie Calendars, etc). Most restaurants will make your L&G the way you want it. The hardest pasrt at first is being around people not on plan and wishing you were having what they have. Be strong, you can do it.

Check in with you again soon.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 1st, 2007, 1:08 pm

Hi Ruth, glad to see that you got to start. I too at first thought that the oatmeal was one of the STRANGEST things i have ever tasted, now i don't know how i was able to live without it. Your tastes will change but everyone is different. I STILL HATE THE BANANA PUDDING!!! After all this time, it still gives me the gagging/throwing up feeling but there are others that absolutely LOVE it. :idontknow:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 1st, 2007, 6:30 pm

Day one successfully completed. :D Dinner was a little tough to finish. I got so stuffed. But I found the "fake" mashed potatoes recipe and that was pretty good with aspargus and chicken. (For those reading, I am writing down what I eat so I can refer back to what I liked at start). So I picked up a small personal blender for work. That should allow me to make shakes with ice cubes. I got in all my water. 84 ounces to be exact. And the greatest part of my whole day was when I woke up this morning, I went to the bathromm and then weighed myself in my skinnies. The scale read 207.2. When I got home today, I went to the bathroom (and the scale just happened to be sitting there looking desitute) so I weighed myself fully clothed with jeans AND a belt. Guess what the scale said? 207.8. I am SO excited!!! So far MF ROCKS!!!
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 1st, 2007, 7:09 pm

iammissruth wrote:Ok, I just had my second meal. I had apple cinnamon oatmeal, and I got through all of it except the last bite. I started gagging. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have come to really like this, here's what I do:

4 oz of water and the oatmeal in my bullet for a few seconds
Microwave for 1.5 minutes then add 1 packet equal/splenda and liberal amounts of cinnamon. I love it! I cant eat it plain though - yuck!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby iammissruth » November 2nd, 2007, 5:31 am

Thanks for the suggestion for the oatmeal.

Ok, I was shocked this morning when I jumped on the scale. (I have a Friday weigh in with another group) I had to get on 3 times because I thought it was broken. (Which would be just my luck) All three times it read 203.6 I was shocked :shock: :o

I found myself really enjoying the Hot Cocoa this morning. It was great to keep my hands warm on the drive to work, and it tastes pretty good.

Anyways, I went to bed exhausted with a lot of aches and pains in my lower body. So I went to bed earlie, woke up late and I am still exhausted. Is that part of the MF diet, or is that do to like a weather change, and soon to be time change?
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby jskm » November 2nd, 2007, 12:11 pm

I don't know exactly what parts of your lower body you meant, but remember I had a LOT of aches in my legs during the first few days.

That is AWESOME on your loss!! Way to go!! I know what you mean about the scale--there were a few times I thought mine had to be broken too. I would make my son get on and weigh himself to make sure it still worked then I would get back on and see if it still said the same thing for me. :lol:
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 3rd, 2007, 9:13 am

OMG! The scale was broken again. ;) I weighed in at 201 even this morning. And I have only been on MF for 2 days. My goodness.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 3rd, 2007, 10:04 am

Congrats on the continued loss!! I too weigh daily! It helps me to ensure I am on track and spot trends (if they exist) early enough for change.

Re being tired - you'll be tired for the first 3-5 days. Some will say three days until you are in ketosis but realisticly, I have found it takes a few more days for some bodies to catch up. After the first week though - and perhaps sooner - you'll feel SO much better with more energy and no hunger. If you ARE tired and hungry after that point you should check your carb count (IMHO) and ensure you're still in ketosis.

Happy Shakin'!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby iammissruth » November 3rd, 2007, 11:54 am

deleting for personal reasons.
Last edited by iammissruth on November 5th, 2007, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal