Help! I've slipped up and I need encouragement!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Help! I've slipped up and I need encouragement!

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 13th, 2005, 3:24 am

Yesterday was day four: I was doing so well until I got home from work, feeding the kids and hubby; then I had to make a treat for treat day at work! What was I thinking! :x I had a pickle - my first try at a snack. I've been on the complete fast and haven't had any snacks. I made this marble goey butter cake. When I let it cool and then cut it, it was still very hot and goey and I got the chocolate and cake all over my fingers - of course I had to sample it, then a piece fell apart and of course I had to eat it! I feel so stupid! My biggest downfall with any diet has been that when I stumble, I think I've blown it and quit! My other issue is that I used to have the will power to stay on a diet and lose a lot of weight - the past 10 years my will power has been in the crapper! I make it about three weeks and then give in and give up!

I am not going to quit this time! I have got to get healthy for me and my family! I'm older with young kids and I need to lose this weight so that I can be the best mom and wife I can be!

Pray for me people!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » September 13th, 2005, 3:56 am

Good morning Judy,

I don't have but a second, but I couldn't resist opening up your post......You sound so much like my Mom who started the program 3 weeks ago. I've been having this same conversation with her over and over and over again........so let me tell you all the "words of wisdom" I had for her.....

First........making the "treat for treat day" was absolutely and utterly INSANE and absolutely and utterly OUT OF THE QUESTION from now on!! The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result :shock: Do NOT put yourself into that situation again......good grief woman.....how much will power do you expect yourself to have??? Those "treats" weren't for you, and you aren't the girl to be providing the food for others right now. You have to put yourself FIRST......every minute of every day.......it must be you you you!!!

Second.......you slipped but you didn't collapse ;) And you came here which is always the sign of hope. You didn't hide in the closet and live in denial like we've allllllllllllll done sooooooooooo many times before. Being accountable is the first step to living in reality. so GOOD FOR YOU!! :cheerleader:

Now start your day back on track and move forward. And tell your co-workers they will have to get fat and be unhealthy WITHOUT YOU!! Treat day indeed........I say again.....ABSOLUTELY NOT!

And go and practice hugging and loving your children because you are going to be healthy enough to be doing that for a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long time :D

BIGGGGGGGG CHRISTI HUGS :hug:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » September 13th, 2005, 8:47 am

Hi there! I know exactly how you feel and you need to realize it was just one thing that went into your mouth, not a big deal and it absolutely should not send you into a tailspin. I know, easier said than done, but if try and look at it as, ok, I did this, my left arm didn't fall off, the world is still spinning, I just need to move on from here. It's great that you have come here for support, that's exactly what you need to do to stay on track. You're fine! Just keep MFing and the weight will continue to come off.

And also, what Christi said! No more snack days! You need to put yourself first from here on in. Too bad what other people think at work. They'll get over it.

Good luck!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 13th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Thanks Christi and Lynne! You are both Soooo right! This place is the best!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2005, 5:18 pm

mama2benandrachel ~

It's amazing how many of us intend to bake for others and then when some of it gets on us, we naturally must lick or taste it - you know, to be SURE it is ok for the others...what are we thinking? We cannot hang out in the kitchen any more than necessary during the first few weeks of our program. Some of us can't be in there without a guard!

Do all you can to set yourself up for success. Christi is so right - the others will get over it if we don't provide home-baked goodies. If they don't, they have serious problems...

I am happy to know that you are back at it, the chocolate marble gooey cake is a memory and you are looking forward to a successful shakin' day!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 16th, 2005, 3:45 pm

Thanks for the words of wisdom Nancy! I am not going to bake any treats until I get this weight off and go through maintenance!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Confessions of a Cupcake Mom

Postby Carbshateme » September 19th, 2005, 5:06 am

I was *that* Mommy. I WAS the "OH! Let's bake cookies/cupcakes/brownies/rice crispy treats/blah blah blah" together! Because that is what MY mother did. My wonderful, beautiful, amazing cooking and baking mother who is 100 pounds overweight. Because food=love, right? It doesn't have to. I have 3 kids, and for the last month they have lived without me baking "treats." Because, to be totally honest with you, I wasn't just baking treats for THEM, I was also baking them because I WANTED them. Now I just buy store bought treats that I have ZERO interest in.. animal crackers, fruit snacks, and if I do get them candy, it's something I don't wanna eat, like Smarties. :) They are now eating a lot of cheese and crackers and fruit for snacks, which is better for them and doesn't tempt me. I haven't heard ONE complaint. If they are dying for any of that junk, make your husband take them out of the house to enjoy it. You are still a good mommy without baking cakes. :) [/i]
Carbshateme
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2005, 8:24 am

Carbs ~

Great post!

Re: buying things you don't like - I agree with that totally!

I cannot stand Oreos - to me they look and taste like old records ( :secret: Hunny, remember, I am a child of the 50's ( :shock: Oh-k-a-a-ay... :x a child of the 40's) and I grew up with 78 RPMs, 45's, & 33 1/3rds - that's what kind of 'records' I mean) with Crisco in the middle. I know kids and Dads love 'em so IF I buy cookies because there will be kids around, that's the kind I buy not those fabulous Pepperidge Farms Milano Cookies...

Because food=love, right?

:shock: You mean if there are no cookies in the cookie jar then our boo-boos will never get healed and no one loves us? I always thought cookies made boo-boos better, too.

I have learned so many things during my Medifast journey...as I Take Shape For Life I not only got my bod in shape but I also got my thinking shaped up, too!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby LeeannNH » September 19th, 2005, 10:31 am

nancy

the oreos tasting like old records is the funniest thing i have heard in a long time. i wish i had that taste experience with oreos! i was born in the 70s and i had vinyl--so you arent alone my friend!

mama---its great that you came here and vented. ive said this before and im sure i will post this again, but being accountable and being aware of our actions makes for positive changes. i had a slip last week and was really sad. i did not ignore the slip i looked at it for what it was and have moved on to the next emotion or mistake. i know i cannot be perfect, none of us can. your mini slip was a natural reaction, a habit, an accident. if you are like me, you probably would not have noticed it before you began this plan. you are awesome and hang in there!

leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby Debbie » September 19th, 2005, 1:17 pm

That's actually what got me this weekend, on Saturday...my daughter baked brownies and the smell was getting to me...I caved in and had a few and afterwards felt terrible. But I also noticed how heavy they felt in my stomach and it was a very uncomfortable feeling...so it was a lesson learned and behind me now.

*I have type 2 diabetes*
Debbie
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2005, 2:20 pm

Debbie ~

What I do when I smell goodies is to really breathe deeply - I mean I breathe it in and many times the smell will satisfy me. If I can intellectualize it – I separate the brownie into its parts: oil (FAT), flour (CARBS), sugar (CARBS), raw eggs, and cocoa, etc. Then I decide – do I want that brownie for a moment on the lips or forever on my hips? Do I want to savor the flavor for a short time and then spend a really long time on the treadmill or the elliptical?

If I am truly hungry, I would try to replace my desire for the chocolate with a Chocolate Divine Bar or a cup of Medifast Hot Cocoa. The latter is rather aromatic and the former is killer chocolate.

Sometimes I put Vick’s Vaporub under my nose to avoid the odor of brownies, etc. if I am feeling crazy. I also wear my nightguard – I can’t eat easily with that honkin’ plastic thingy in my trap.

It gets easier as time goes by to avoid those goodies.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2005, 2:53 pm

This is such an amazing group of people! Thank you EVERYONE for all of your love and encouragement! I started MFing on 9/9, slipped up with the goey marble butter cake on 9/12, came to all of you for support and you delivered in a HUGE way! When I got on the scales to weigh in yesterday, I was down 13 lbs!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it! The beauty of it is that for the most part, I don't feel hungry!

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 19th, 2005, 2:56 pm

Oops! That was me that posted about how wonderful you all are and being down 13 pounds! I am still at work (6 PM EST), and didn't log in before I posted!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Postby martha » September 20th, 2005, 9:58 pm

HI JUDY--

WELCOME to this group-- I know it's late but I have been out with the hurricane.. I know all about cooking the good things as i am one of those moms who thinks if it's not homemade it's not good :shock: but I am learning that's just not true..I still cook the good things but try not to eat them..I do however SMELL the heck out of them :mrgreen: Just get up and start again..13# gone is GREAT!!! You are going to do fine with MF and we are here anytime you need us..have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 21st, 2005, 2:43 am

Hi Martha! I have been reading a lot of your posts! Praise God that you are OK! I knew I found the right place in this group when I read how concerned everyone was for your safety! I am still cooking for my family, but I am trying to do a lot of cooking on the weekends and then I can just warm things up for everyone and that way, I am not in the kitchen as much every night as I would be if I had to prepare a meal that night. I am so happy with MF so far! I can't believe that for so little calories I am getting a day, I don't feel hungry! I guess when you're getting the proper nutrients, and eating every 3 - 4 hours, it makes a big difference! Thanks for writing! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

mama2benandrachel

Next

Return to Come on in.