Help! I've slipped up and I need encouragement!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2005, 8:07 am

I don't feel hungry! I guess when you're getting the proper nutrients, and eating every 3 - 4 hours, it makes a big difference!

It seems almost magical doesn’t it? :huh: You’re getting it all figured out now and how :kool: cool that you are at your young age. It took me nearly my entire lifetime to learn the lessons here.

It is the BALANCE of the nutrients in conjunction with the amount of food :bib: consumed at one time that is important.

When we over-fill our fuel intake needs, (notice I said ‘needs’ not desires and wants!) the excess is stored as extra energy (that’s a kind way to say FLABBER) and we gain weight, not lose it. :tomato:

As we pare down the portion sizes, fuel the body with the proper nutrition – food that is low glycemic and low calories with protein-carbs-fat we lose weight, cravings and hunger go away. :drive: .

We must have fat and we must have carbs. Of course we require protein, too.

The notion of eating Carb-free is what many people get into their :hammerhead: mind that we are doing here and that’s not quite it – our packets are in the right balance of protein to carbs to fat.

If we don’t have carbs, our body craves them and we become :nutz: cwazy for them and can have a :twisted: carb-attack and then :whip: overindulge.

Again..the importance of eating ALL of your properly balanced packets on time – people who go too long between meals or who skip a packet thinking… :devious: ”well, I’ll just have half a piece of birthday cake (wrong-a-rooney proportion of the macronutrients) in exchange for my shake packet, that’ll be about the same amount of calories…” gets into trouble – they off-set the balance, exchange low glycemic for high glycemic, experience a high and then a sudden low blood sugar and they become a :lightsword: raging carbaholic looking for anything carby to stuff down their throat…

I found the right place in this group

Yup, that's the whole beauty of the Take Shape Program - people with whom we can be accountable - we :goteam: help one another along and that significantly improves our :trophy: success and our likelihood of making permanent lifestyle changes = permanent weight management. :whoohoo:

:bananadance: Happy for ya! :hug: Glad you’re here.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 22nd, 2005, 7:41 pm

Thanks Nancy! What suggestions do you have for nights? I do GREAT at work all day when I am on a schedule, but I feel hungry at home when I'm feeding my family and I have my MF soup. I have been saving my pickle for night time with my soup. The past two nights, I have had two pickles. I think I am going to try to eat MF every 2-3 hours instead of every 3-4 hours. I am going to try to avoid the pickles too because I think they are making me retain water!

I went to a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I lost another 2 lbs.!
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby mytime » September 22nd, 2005, 9:31 pm

Mom 2B&R, you are doing great. Now what I do is have my bar and 32 oz of water at about 3:00 then cook dinner and make the family what I am having for my nonsupplement meal ("One")- so meat and a vegetable. We usually eat around 5:30 so I would recommend your bar 2 hours before you cook. I like the bars and don't feel punished. If you are not doing the bars have water and something more filling that you really like. Oh, and especially in the morning I try for 2.5 hours 3 max b/w meals - anything more and I am looking for something non MF and that is NOT AN OPTION. My family was a little freaked out in the beginning b.c they were afraid of healthy food but after 3 months my 4 year old no longer put his broccoli on the floor and will even occasionally eat it :D Keep up the great job ! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 22nd, 2005, 11:04 pm

Mytime, you are right-on. I prefer the bars in the afternoon, too - just about 3 or 4 PM. If they are eaten slowly and enjoyed with some water they seem to plump up and give a feeling of fullness for quite some time.

Sometimes we need to experiment a little with the intervals between meals - if you are feeling hungry and any fatigue, try having them every 2 -3 hours. If you are having an especially long or active day, have another packet, if needed. Shakes add only 90-100 calories to your program and because they are balanced nutrition an additional shake will not interfere with your progress.

Pickles can make many people retain water. Have three stalks of celery instead - it is still crunchy and it tastes great with a little mustard squeezed down the middle!

My friend Leanne showed me an interesting (and legal) snack.
She chopped up celery into small pieces and drizzled it with Green Apple Sugar Free DaVinci syrup. It tasted great! It was like having a Granny Smith Apple!

after 3 months my 4 year old no longer put his broccoli on the floor and will even occasionally eat it

I am impressed with you, MyTime. I've been eating healthy for three years and my husband Terry STILL throws his broccoli on the floor! He'll never eat it!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » September 22nd, 2005, 11:43 pm

JUDY--

Consider yourself home with us.. you are right --this is the BEST place to be and with the greatest bunch of people.. they not only prayed for me during the hurricane but they really cared about me and my families well being..among all the other great things they have done in the past for me as well as others on this forum.... you won't find that many places.. I feel like these are my family members and I know they feel the same.. :mrgreen: THANKS EVERYONE!!!-- and I am glad you are a part of my ever growing family too.. :mrgreen: have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2005, 12:00 am

:shock: Martha, Martha, Martha ~

:scratch: What will I do with you? :huh:

re:
I am glad you are a part of my ever growing family too..

I mean...really!

We are :x NOT a GROWING family, Little Darlin'....

we are a shrinking family!

:coach: Get it right, Girl!

:sheepjump:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » September 23rd, 2005, 8:04 am

NANCY--

I STAND CORRECTED!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: We are a SHRINKING FAMILY :mrgreen: :mrgreen: THANKS---Sometimes I still find it hard to believe :mrgreen: --Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 23rd, 2005, 8:37 am

:lol: Hunny!

You have really melted away, we can hardly :glasses: see you any more.... :couch:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby mama2benandrachel » September 23rd, 2005, 4:35 pm

Nancy and Mytime:

Nancy wrote:Mytime, you are right-on. I prefer the bars in the afternoon, too - just about 3 or 4 PM. If they are eaten slowly and enjoyed with some water they seem to plump up and give a feeling of fullness for quite some time.

You are both Soooo right! When I got home at 6 o'clock, it was time for me to eat. I had my bar cut up in little pieces and drank it with 32 oz. of water! I am so full! Thanks for the tip!

Nancy wrote:Sometimes we need to experiment a little with the intervals between meals - if you are feeling hungry and any fatigue, try having them every 2 -3 hours. If you are having an especially long or active day, have another packet, if needed. Shakes add only 90-100 calories to your program and because they are balanced nutrition an additional shake will not interfere with your progress.

Today, I ate every 3 hours instead of every 4 hours! What a HUGE difference that made!

Nancy wrote:My friend Leanne showed me an interesting (and legal) snack. She chopped up celery into small pieces and drizzled it with Green Apple Sugar Free DaVinci syrup. It tasted great! It was like having a Granny Smith Apple!

This sounds REALLY good! Where do you typically find DaVinci syrup? In with the diet and/or diabetic foods?

I drank SO much water today! I'm going to be up running to the bathroom ALL night! :lol:
Take care and God Bless,
Judy <><

1st MF start: 9/9/2005
1st restart: 10/16/2006
2nd restart: 9/9/2007

mama2benandrachel
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » September 24th, 2005, 10:21 pm

I buy DaVinci sugar free syrups at TJ Max or at United Grocers here in the Northwest.

They have a website and you can order directly.

Go to worldwidewebdotdavincidotcom and I think you can find it there.

There are many who like to doctor up their shakes every time and I do it just once in a while as I like the taste of my shakes the way they are except the Vanilla. I like to use it as a shake "base."

I did try something interesting the other day. I made a French Vaniller with cold water in the Magic Bullet and whipped it up until it was super creamy then added some dry Crystal Light Lemonade powder and it was awesome - like lemon mousse...I didn't even add any ice cubes to it but that would have been even more gooder, I'm sure! ;)
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Previous

Return to Come on in.