For those who slipped up

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

For those who slipped up

Postby Guest » February 20th, 2007, 8:48 am

Hi all, I am just beginning. For those who slipped up one day, was it a huge set back weight wise. I was good all day and at night last night I slipped up ate a larger than normal chicken and veggie dinner with 2 glasses of wine. This morning I haven't eaten yet. I have been on MF for only 6 days before my slip. Thanks for your info.

Postby horsey girl » February 20th, 2007, 8:53 am

I've done that. It's not going to hurt you if you just go right back to being compliant right away. But get your breakfast in you! Don't make matters worse by letting your blood sugar dip and make you feel bad, or you might slip again from hunger or cravings. Don't worry about last night! :D
Ad Astra per Aspera
horsey girl
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby bikipatra » February 20th, 2007, 9:17 am

The rule is we have our first supplement within an hour of waking.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Arghh! » February 20th, 2007, 9:27 am

Move on, get right back on track, and don't look back.
Arghh!
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 20th, 2007, 9:28 am

If you get right back on track, you shouldn't have much of a set back if any. They only problem with "giving in once" is, it's SO MUCH easier to give in the next time and before ya know it, you're off program. So, brush yourself off...eat your breakfast post haste (like Biki said, you need to eat within one hour of waking)...and decide to stay complaint even when it hurts. :) You can do it!!! :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lizabette » February 20th, 2007, 5:50 pm

Right on, everyone!!!!
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Tawanda » February 20th, 2007, 8:48 pm

I didn't realize we should be having our first supplement within an hour of waking. I've been doing that one all wrong. :?
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Yes, first within the first hour of getting up. The last one within the last 2 hours or so of going to bed. Try to keep it less than 10 hours from the last to the first one the next day. Our bodies do their repairing in our sleep, and the body needs proper fuel while sleeping.
Don't go more than 4 hours between supplements during the day (or night as your case may be), and no sooner than 2 hours (2.5 to 3 hours is a good time).
These are the guidelines, not the absolute rules. ;)
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby WhoDey » February 21st, 2007, 8:27 am

Totally agree with everyone here...getting right back on is key to success. Lets face it, we all slip up when trying to learn a new good habit!

Good luck and keep on shaking!
~Amy~
Start Date: October 1, 2006

WhoDey
Regular Member - #70 Club

Postby Jan » February 21st, 2007, 1:16 pm

Ok
MF is a very regimented program. :D We have lots of choices between the different meal replacements but there are certain things we must stay away from if we want to part with the pounds. :D It is very very important to follow the program as written. We want you to part with the pounds in the safest and fastest way possible. When you follow the program exactly we know you are doing just that. But when you add a bit here and there.. hmmm ... are you burning muscle or causing other problems ??? ... I don't know. Everyone is right ... the first meal replacement must be eaten within the first hour of your day. We want you to "kick in" your metabolism. Then you simply eat another meal replacement or your lean and green every 2 1/2 to three hours. Now as to the wine... remember that is metabolized just like sugar... just think that you have a couple of glasses of sugar. Life is a learning process and so is learning to eat healthy. Take it a day at a time .. but please don't give yourself permission to eat off program if you are serious about parting with the pounds. The members of the forum will help you right along the weight loss journey.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Mike » February 21st, 2007, 1:59 pm

Jan wrote:Ok
Now as to the wine... remember that is metabolized just like sugar... just think that you have a couple of glasses of sugar.

That is a great way to look at it Jan, I will use this analogy when I explain to clients why alcohol isn't allowed. :mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Return to Come on in.