Help needed, advice please???

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Help needed, advice please???

Postby kmahon » September 21st, 2007, 7:06 am

Hello friends, I have stuck with a program for 5 weeks without a cheat. Lost 10pounds have 10 to go. My dilemma is, hubbie is taking me for a night away, hotel, jacuzzi ect. I would really enjoy a refreshment. Please tellme light beer, whiskey, what would do the least damage? I will return to program Sunday morning Thank you all in advance K
kmahon

Postby Unca_Tim » September 21st, 2007, 9:48 am

Hi kmahon,
Any alcohol is a no-no on the program and will probably knock you out of the fat burning stage. It can also lower your "won't power" and make it easier to go off plan with a little snack....or two....or three.

.......but if you absolutely must, choose hard alcohol and diet soda or water.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby bikipatra » September 21st, 2007, 11:19 am

Tequila is carb free.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2007, 1:23 pm

Yup, that's right, Biki. :mrgreen:

Liquors are carb-free such as Bourbon, Brandy, Gin, Rum, Scotch, the above ^, Vodka and Whiskey are carb-free but they do have calories - about 65-80 per shot and they are devoid of nutrition. The body metabolizes the alcohol as a sugar.

Wine and mixed drinks (unless the alcohol is mixed with diet soda or club soda). add more calories and carbs. :buddies:

I like the idea that you are checking out your options first, kmahon and that you have already determined that once you return from your fabulous :heart: romantic :heart: runaway with your lover that you :whip: will get back on the program.

Congratulations to you for your 10 pound loss! :cleader:

:secret: Also…don’t weigh for three days until after your getaway…

Have fun, soak in that Jacuzzi and know that we are so :3head: envious!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

thanks Nancy...

Postby K » September 21st, 2007, 1:35 pm

Nancy, Thank You thank you , such a doll you are!!! Any guilt I may have had just flew out the window!! I will have the :lol: time of my life and enjoy every minute! Please don't be envious. Start planning your own get away and all will be sunshine! Again I appreciate all the support, until I'm back in real world... :lol: :lol: :lol:
K

Postby Nancy » September 21st, 2007, 7:45 pm

Hey, Cutie ~

Have fun!

(P.S. I am packing right now! We leave in the morning.)
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby bikipatra » September 22nd, 2007, 2:40 am

Drink up and have one or two for me. :lol:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Hoosierdaddy » September 25th, 2007, 6:14 am

I have to admit that there were a few times over the last 3 months of doing MF, that we also had an occasional drink. We went to Vegas, we had to attend some celebrations etc, we just gave in and had a drink.

Since I don't weigh myself, I have no idea if it hurt me, but my weight loss has been steady. My husband weighs himself every day, and he didn't gain any weight from those few drinks. In fact, he kept losing at a good rate.

For me, I jumped right back on plan, and I exercised a bit harder after having those drinks. I also chose to have 6 MF meals and skip the L & G for two days afterwards.

Have a wonderful time!!
Hoosierdaddy

Postby Slimmin' » September 25th, 2007, 7:17 am

It is fun to relax and have a cocktail or "real" snack for a special occasion. I did that, with the intention of getting right back on plan. Two weeks later I was still off more than on. Just something to note. I personally found it much harder to restart than to just stay on, gut it out, buy something fabulous (and smaller) instead of eat/drink, and do what I said I would do. I'm on day two of my restart and I can tell you that staying connected to this forum is one thing I intend to do!

I think that it is possible to get right back on, but maybe a little harder than we think. Just my opinion. :lol:
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.