Advice for staying on track NEEDED

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Advice for staying on track NEEDED

Postby lverbraska » September 12th, 2006, 3:18 pm

This is the umpteenth time that I've started MF. I do great for the first 2-3 days then fall off the wagon and have to start over again. :x

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thx,
Lesli
<snip>no email addys please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
lverbraska

Postby alohacate » September 12th, 2006, 5:05 pm

My success has been strongly rooted in this forum. Seriously. When I feel week, bored, stressed I come here and read, post, laugh/ cry - whatever. When I cheat I post it, take ownership and drive on. If I cheat I don't cave in and give up completely (like I have on other plans). Every person is unique and you have to find a way to motivate your success (i.e. a trip to a spa when you lose the first 10, etc). You can do this - WE CAN do this together!! Let's get shakin girl.
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » September 12th, 2006, 5:20 pm

WELCOME!!!

I agree with Cate, this forum is crucial to my success. Read and post often for best results <grin>.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 12th, 2006, 7:12 pm

I just read this thread in the Elevator and it is great...check it out....best wishes to you sincerely....there is great friendship, advice, inspiration on this board. It is a process I believe....not an easy one thats for sure.
HERE IS THE LINK....
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/diet-8218.html
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 9:32 pm

In the first few days, a lot of it is also just straight willpower. It gets easier when you've been on the program longer, but in the beginning you just have to MAKE yourself do it.

If you've started and restarted several times, I'd look at WHY you eat off-plan. Is it that you're hungry, or bored, or you haven't planned? Doyou get tempted by something someone else is eating? Everyone has triggers, and you need to figure out what yours are so you can address them. Once you know why you go off-plan, figuring out how not to do it again is usually easier.

And when you fall off the wagon, do you eat one thing that's not on plan, or do you completely give up? The all-or-nothing mentality is a serious issue for many of us. One bite of something off-plan does NOT mean you've failed and need to start over. I think a major reason I succeeded was that if I ate something that wasn't on the program, I went right back on the program no matter what. I didn't give up and I didn't decide I'd already cheated so I might as well eat what I wanted the whole day (or eat the rest of whatever I had cheated with). I just moved on.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby alpha femme » September 12th, 2006, 10:13 pm

i use a cattle prod on myself.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 12th, 2006, 11:49 pm

I've said this in my journal...I got great advise from Serendipitiy's Journal. She said that She just "made up her mind" to do it! That is the best suggestion I took to heart...

I started MF back in November '05, lost 13 pounds and then cheated and couln't stay on track. I don't know how many times I re-started. It wasn't until I "made up my mind" on August 1 that I found the magic formula for myself to succeed. Nothing gets in the way... Birthday cake, pizza, kid's leftovers, family dinner.... I don't cheat, because my mind is made up to reach my goal! Getting rid of the ugly fat on my stomach is more important than a bite of my favorite ice cream.

We can do this!!!! :cheermed:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Hi

Postby dede4wd » September 20th, 2006, 6:35 pm

i use a cattle prod on myself.

Hey, that's not a bad idea!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Serendipity » September 21st, 2006, 5:05 am

alpha femme wrote:i use a cattle prod on myself.

A 6 inch piece of duct tape works wonders, too, hehe.

But seriously, if you can just get through the first 3-5 days, it gets so much easier. You can prepare yourself for some discomfort.....you may be uncomfortable, but you will not die! If you want it bad enough, like I did, you will welcome the hunger because you will know that Medifast is working. I actually felt the weight coming off and it was a great feeling. I remember telling my husband about the hunger feeling and telling him how good it felt and that I felt lighter already.

It's all attitude! Just want it more than you want the instant gratification. If you're not there, I don't think that anything will magically make it work for you.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 21st, 2006, 5:41 am

alpha femme wrote:i use a cattle prod on myself.

Ha haaaaaaaaaaaa

(do you really?)
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Return to The Weight Room