HELP!!I need a plan

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

HELP!!I need a plan

Postby lauradr » January 14th, 2007, 9:47 am

I need some Medifast help from the pro's--As most of you know I hit goal and went crazy with real food gained some weight back--I need to have a plan when get to that point again--I travel a lot--most days all I would have time for is fast food--so what do you eat--this has been a real problem for me--I know I need to take it one step at time--I don't want food to control my life--I know one problem is I quit coming to the board as often--I need the boards to keep me on track and the wonderful people on it
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bikipatra » January 14th, 2007, 11:09 am

Almost every fast food place has a salad with chicken-just don't get any extras. Most 7-11's and mini-marts have ready to eat chicken breasts or chicken slices or deli counters that will weigh turkey or chicken for you and cans of tuna that you can add to salads they sell there. It's not easy or gourmet, but it is doable.
Last edited by bikipatra on January 14th, 2007, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » January 14th, 2007, 11:10 am

Lauradr;

I am no where near maintenance, but as far as fast food (if that's what you have to do), more and more places are coming out with healthy options. I'm sure when the time comes, you will feel strong and prepared to make those good choices - like salads, but maybe carry your own lo-cal dressing to use, or grilled chicken sandwiches that you can remove from the bun if you want to - but in maintenance you can probably handle extra carbs.

I hope others chime in - but hopefully this is encouraging at least.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 14th, 2007, 11:39 am

Laura, First I would wait after reaching goal to make sure your weight stablizes before beginning transition. I waited 2 weeks and stayed at my goal weight for that long! Then when I showed a bit more weight loss, I began transition. Transition off slowly. Follow the guide. It really does work to get your system back up to par. My first week of transition, I had the beef stew with celery sticks (the extra veggie) every day. It' was delicious. The second week, I added a fruit. Third week, dairy (yogurt with a piece of fruit for one replacement).

I still eat 6 times per day. That's 3 supplements, 2 l&g's, a dairy, a fruit, and sometimes a grain. It's easy if you keep it simple.

I'm still working on how to add other stuff, but I'm not in a big hurry to complicate my menu.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby lauradr » January 14th, 2007, 11:56 am

Jo, You are so wise--so strong--Thank You!!
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr

Postby Nova » January 14th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Laura, you say you travel a lot, but I'm not sure if you leave home for several days, or if you're just out and about during the day. If it's the latter, invest in a small cooler and pack it the night before with your meals. Every night, I pack 2 bottles of water, a L&G, a shaker with a shake packet in it, a piece of fruit, and sometimes some yogurt. Plus my silverware. I'm usually where I can get a microwave, but if not, make your L&G a chef-type salad.

I've found that by having everything packed and ready to go, I'm prepared for anything. I'm never tempted to stop at a fast food place, and I can relax and enjoy what I brought from home.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova

Postby DogMa » January 15th, 2007, 3:40 pm

My plan is similar to Nova's. I added calories very slowly for my transition, and now I bring a cooler to work with my meals and snacks. I'm going to be traveling this week, so I'm packing some of my food with me, and I'll just find healthy options elsewhere.

A typical day for me lately includes a couple of Medifast meals (usually a pudding and an oatmeal, sometimes with some berries or a very SMALL amount of chopped nuts thrown in or a little Cool Whip on top); a lean and green of sorts (but with other veggies, like artichoke hearts, allowed); a breakfast of egg substitute, veggies and low-carb tortillas (if i were eating out and egg substitute wasn't available, i'd try to pick up a veggie omelet somewhere and either skip the tortillas or bring them with me); and a couple of other small snacks or meals (either soy crisps, or a bar, or a sliced apple with a little peanut butter, or a little hummus and whole-grain crackers, or sometimes even a South Beach wrap or frozen Lean Pocket Ultra; all stuff that's pretty portable).

Hope that helps.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby katieb920 » January 15th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Lauradr,

I totally agree with you about how hard it is to eat when you are on the road all day. I am a sales rep and my area is all of New Jersey. Sometimes I am on every major highway in one day. One of the reasons I quit last time is because of the same problem you have. Then I ordered the redi to drink shakes. It has saved my life. I have been able to take them every where I go. I even took them with me when I took my son to Chuckee Cheese.

They are great.
Katie
katieb920
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » January 15th, 2007, 11:52 pm

DogMa wrote:...and now I bring a cooler to work with my meals and snacks.

Yeah, a cooler full of Cool Whip!!
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Return to The Weight Room