GOALS, GLORIOUS GOAL!!!

Need a lift? Drop in to see some of our most popular posts.

GOALS, GLORIOUS GOAL!!!

Postby LAwoman » November 26th, 2006, 4:51 pm

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
Look at 'em all.

Congrats to Nova and Laura this Holiday weekend.

And look at Jo and Lauren just a pound or two away.

Anyone else so close they can smell it?

I'd love for you all to pop in and give a few words of advice, encouragement, how it feels..., what with these quiet boards and all. ;)

You've all been so inspirational and a great motivating factor to bring me back here and keep me on task towards reaching goal. Thanks!!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Yup

Postby dede4wd » November 26th, 2006, 5:08 pm

This is a monumental week! I have one thing to say to y'all. Better in pictures...

I'm so THRILLED for all of you!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nova » November 26th, 2006, 5:27 pm

I posted my pics, and it feels fabulous. I don't know that I have any words of advice. I'm just plain stubborn, and when I set my mind to something, I do it. The first month was the hardest, and the next month, if I felt tempted, I just remembered how far I'd come in a month, and I'd tell myself I didn't go through all that pain and hardship for nothing. The next month after that, it was easier to walk by the temptations because I was wearing 2-3 sizes smaller.

Now, I'm looking up healthy recipes and enjoying the hell out of my daily apple. :) Every time I'm tempted to eat something bad, I make myself drink a glass of water and look in the mirror. I ask myself if this <insert tempting item> is really worth gaining back all my fat and flab. The answer so far is no.

Just hang in there. The compliments, the new clothes, the pictures...it's all worth it.
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Serendipity » November 27th, 2006, 4:34 am

I'm happy to check in with you all. We have known for awhile that there would be many of us reaching goal at about the same time and those of us who stuck to the program are there! We have also lost several along the way. I feel for each of them because they are not here with us. They are still struggling for whatever reason. Who knows why, but we have all been there. I pray each day that they will find their way back, because Medifast can be their answer if they will allow it.

Advice and inspiration? (don't get me started, hehe....but you asked for it) The only advise I can give is to get your mind in gear and stick to the program. No excuses, no poor me's, no "just this once", no "didn't want to stick out", no "they made it specially for me so I had to eat it".....NO EXCUSES! That's it. Just stick to the plan and have patience. It works. You will succeed if you want to.

The proof is evident on this forum right now. Laura, Lauren, Me....we all started around the same time. We stuck with it. You didn't see us struggling because we knew what we had to do and we just did it. Even with Laura's accident and set back. We didn't see her complain, she just did what she had to do and got the job done. Can you tell? I'm so proud of us, girls.

If someone told you that if you wanted a million dollars, all you had to do was walk down this path, make no turns, and be patient.....would you do it? Well, I'm telling you that if you just follow a simple program, stick to it, and be patient, you can lose all of that extra weight and have a new life.....so simple.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby lauradr » November 27th, 2006, 8:44 am

Not a lot left to say after what Jo said---Its been a long journey lots of birthday party's,lots of reason to say to say its ok to cheat-I did not give in--I had a lot of people that I looked at for support on board-the that started with like Jo, Lauren,--- I remember last year about this time the board was so dead except for the ones who are now reaching there goal because we did not use Thanksgiving,Christmas for a excuse My Birthday is on Dec.3 last year I had Mf bar--This year i will have a small piece of cake---all I can tell everyone is no matter how hard it gets keep your eyes on your goal--and you can do it--Jo , Lauren I am so proud to reach our goal together--now lets keep it off together--I am so scared--but a happy scared.Now everyone keep the board rocking
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Lauren » November 27th, 2006, 9:19 am

Wow, this is so strange and wonderful, we really have all reached goal within days of one another! I only "officially" weigh in each Thursday, which is the number that I post, but I still weigh in each day, and I hit my goal in the last few days, but won't post it until Thursday. I thought I'd mention that, if anyone was curious why the ticker doesn't say "GOAL!" :-)

Myself, Jo, Laura, the great Hype (who hasn't visited in way too long), and several others, all started before the holidays last year, and we eagerly have entered this year's holiday season with confidence, grace, and pride. I've said this before, but I'll say it again: it's time we treated ourselves with as much care and love as we have treated those around us. This is the first time in my life that I have put myself first - and that's okay. Because we can never be as good friends, lovers, siblings, parents, children, etc., if we are not complete first. I see how much more energy and spirit I have to put into those around me, because I have "filled up my own tank" before approaching each situation.

Jo and I have said this a million times, and Jo said it again here - there aren't any excuses. The holidays proved no more a threat to me then any other day. New Years? Not an issue. Birthday? No biggie. Thanksgiving (twice!) - no change. Don't you all SEE? It doesn't matter what life has to throw at you - do not deviate from the plan. This can't be a choice, it has to be the only option. I was like a horse with blinders. I didn't even see alternate routes. I didn't consider cheating. I never had a sip of alcohol (and I used to like to party!), I never "tasted" the forbidden fruits, nothing. And just so this doesn't sound like a back-patting holier-than-thou speech, please know that choosing to stay the course makes medifast EASIER!

Let me say a bit more about this: if you never give yourself the "out," the option to cheat to drink to take a day a meal a minute off, if it's not an option, life is SO MUCH EASIER! I almost never had cravings, I never had to plan around a rough patch or try to get myself back on ketosis. I ALWAYS felt good. I think it's interesting when people come on board and say that life got too hectic or too stressful to do MF. I actually think if my life got too stressful - even years from now, I'd CHOOSE MF, because it's easy, no thought required. Laura had her accident and a tough recovery, Jo had a stressful office move and business decisions to be made, and my sister was diagnosed and battled cancer - all while we successfully stuck with medifast. It wasn't a choice. There was no other option for us.

So, that's my dollar's worth. For now. I am sure I've got another dollar brewing any day now!

Keep on keepin' on, people, I PROMISE it's worth the ride!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » November 27th, 2006, 12:15 pm

You guys are Medi-Heroes! Wow! Thanks so much for the inspiration and kick in the pants.

I'm one of the ones that got lost on the path and found my way on. Seeing you 3 do what you've done...take a moment and LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE...there's NO WAY I can't push straight through to goal! This 2 bar thing I did a couple of times last week is BS! I have RTD's I don't need the bar for convenience!

This thread should be REQUIRED READING for everyone starting out, and should have a prominent place in the elevator!

What do these 3 ladies have in common (besides REACHING GOAL!)? It's not deviating from the plan. I remember being FLABBERGASTED when Jo cam back from her cruise saying she stuck to plan. Instantly, she was my hero! These girls made it through multiple holiday seasons without a scratch...know why? They kept their eye on the prize!

I'm so happy I know you 3! You have inspired others more than you will ever know! You have taken your life back and I am so thrilled I "met" you! Save me a seat, because I'm bringing up the rear of this little party!

Love ya!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby VickyJ » November 27th, 2006, 5:01 pm

HUGE congratulations to each and every one of you reaching goal, and thanks loads for the inspiration. The determination, commitment and positive attitude you exhibit provide great examples for the rest of us to strive towards. THANKS again! :toast:
VickyJ
Start Date: 7/8/06 166 Goal: 11/9/06 140

VickyJ
Trusted Member - #20 Club

better than expected

Postby LAwoman » November 27th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Hey Ladies,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

You provided more and better words of encouragement and advice than I expected. Then again, looking at how far you've all come, I should have only expected greatness. ;)

Like everyone here, I'm so proud of you all, and so inspired and appreciative of everything you share about yourselves to keep me on track and reach my own personal goal(s).

Congrats and thanks again!!!
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby Elizabeth » December 7th, 2006, 12:47 pm

This thread is so awesome. I want to thank you all ....Nova, Lauren, Jo and Laura and Dede for starting it. Since I've read this I have been on plan since December 1. No cheats and I will stay compliant. It may not seem like a big deal but it is HUGE to me. It makes sense now. I can feel the success ahead.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 7th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Isn't it awesome? I printed it out, there's certainly some pearls of wisdom here from some SERIOUS veterans!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Elizabeth » December 8th, 2006, 1:20 am

Oops, just realized Dede didn't start the thread. Thanks LAwoman!
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 8th, 2006, 4:08 am

Nope, I didn't start it (I'm not that bright!), I just love it!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby Lucy » December 8th, 2006, 2:48 pm

I am so impressed, as you know I toyed with the start now or DEC 26, I will order my food next Friday, if it arrives before the 22nd I will start that day, if not I will begin the 26th, but now I almost wish it would arrive before, the thought of blinders is perfect. Robin Williams once said in a movie, "there are two kind of people in the world, smokers and nonsmokers, decide which one you are and be it." I was a smoker at the time, and this made total sense to me, one day I decided to be a nonsmoker, at times I thought of the cigarettes, even stood close to smokers to get a wiff, thankfully I can n ow say I am a nonsmoker, and mean it, it's great, it is my hope that I will be able to say, thank you but no thank you, I AM MEDIFAST COMPLAINT, cause there are two kind of people in the world and I know which one I want to be.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Elevator