Full Program vs. Modified

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Full Program vs. Modified

Postby luna » November 2nd, 2004, 7:25 pm

I'm planning to start my Medifast program on Thursday and I'd love to hear from some of you on the pros and cons of doing the full fast vs. the modified, 5-1 program with a small meal. I've seen my doctor and she's done all the necessary bloodwork and okay'd me for either.

Thanks in advance!

editing to add another question. Does anyone take Omega-3 to help add some essential fatty acides to the diet. Does it offer any protection to the gallbladder?
luna

Postby fedup » November 3rd, 2004, 6:17 am

Different things work for each person... I chose the full fast because I knew that the 1 meal a day would be my downfall. I just don't think I'd be 100 compliant to the lean and green, and little cheats would find their way in... For my full fast I do 3 shakes a day, 1 soup and cracker a day, and 1 bar a day. Some people do all shake, but I knew I needed at least a little variety for me to stick to it. The full fast has been a great choice for me, (38 days and counting with no cheats!) but you need to think about your eating habits and what would work best for you.

Good luck, and we'll be reading about your successes soon!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby explorthis » November 3rd, 2004, 8:37 am

Luna, I fasted fully for about 4 months straight. I took no Omega meds of any type. I did about ½ way into the fast begin a multi vitamin. I know Nancy is going to tell you that nothing like the Omega-3 is going to help. Remember, if you chose the full fast, that you are only consuming about 500-600 calories a day. You are gonna lose pretty quickly.

Full fast was my choice. Yes I agree that there is the opportunity for sneaking, or adding a little more to your lean/green, but my real reason, once I saw the weight falling rapidly on the full fast, was to lose it QUICKLY.

My 5 cents.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » November 3rd, 2004, 8:44 am

Because I was so out of control with food and felt like I wanted to have fewer food contact and fewer food choices, I used shakes only for three months. Then had some days of 5 and 1 while I was on an extended vacation and returned to the complete program, using a variety of products – shakes, soup and oatmeal.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Sylvia » November 3rd, 2004, 8:56 am

I started with the full fast and used the entire range of MF products (shakes, soups, oatmeal, bars, etc.) I also had a small green salad with FF salad dressing daily.

About 3 months in I transitioned to the modified plan. At first I did it a few times a week and gradually moved to every day.
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.