FULL PROGRAM -VS- 5AND 1

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

FULL PROGRAM -VS- 5AND 1

Postby kimalexrn » June 20th, 2005, 4:59 pm

HELLO MY MF FAMILY. IM CONSIDERING DOING THE FULL PROGRAM FOR A WEEK OR TWO (UNDER MEDICAL WATCH OF COURSE). CAN ANYONE TELL ME, IS THE WEIGHT LOSS MORE OR LESS AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?

KIM
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby kassilou » June 20th, 2005, 5:12 pm

From what I understand there is not a lot of difference in actual weight loss. I think it just depends on the person, whether they feel in control enough to add in food to the program or whether it might be better to stick with the packets. Sometimes I do the full fast for a day or two just for convenience, and sometimes because I think I'm getting a bit lax with my L&G. I normally do 5&1 tho.
To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals.
~Ben Franklin
kassilou
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby victoria7 » June 20th, 2005, 7:01 pm

I'm on the 5&1, but on some days when I'm really tired, I'll just go ahead and do the full program.... You can see my three week loss below. :D

I have a sleep disorder, so it's not always possible for me to cook---and that's one of the reasons I have so much extra flab! In the past, if I was really tired, I'd stop & grab some takeout or have something deliverd. It adds up... Now, I'll just head to my blender! It's sooo easy!!!
05/31/2005
235/219.2/160
victoria7
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby LuzInIt » June 21st, 2005, 4:07 am

Kim - I do about 50/50 and notice no difference. I lose (or don't lose :( ) pretty much the same whether eating a lean/green or all Medifast. I tend to prefer the complete program because making food bores me. Since we do eat out a lot due to our business, those are the days I have the meal. I think the complete program is a personal choice if you feel you have better control that way, or a tool to use when maybe you've slowed up a bit and want to surprise your body into getting moving again (or just need to think you're doing something, cause afterall plateaus happen). You should use which ever plan works for you and your lifestyle. You will lose weight and get healthy doing either.
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby kimalexrn » June 21st, 2005, 7:43 am

THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR INPUT. THAT HELPS KNOWING THERES REALLY NO DIFFERENCE. :roll:

KIM
Kim

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5Thil4/]
[/url]

Started MF 5/09/05
250/200/170
Started AGAIN 07/15/08
249/200/160
kimalexrn
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diet Diva » June 21st, 2005, 8:30 am

Good morning Kimalexrn,

I too find myself like many others, going back and forth between the full fast and the 5-1. It just depends on my schedule, and it seems for social events and time with family, it's really convenient to plan a lean and green around those times. The other times I find myself liking the full fast, now out of convenience since I love not having to take the time to do food prep if I'm busy, and I like that it keeps the grocery shopping simple!
I haven't noticed a difference in my weekly weight loss average with the full fast and lean and green. Some weeks if I feel like I've hit a small plateau, I will be sure to get a lean and green in and it seems to jump start my system, but my weight loss hovers somewhere around 2.5 to 3 lbs. a week. I have had lows of only 1 lb. a week, and a high of 4+ lbs. in one week so it just depends. Your body will do what it needs to do to make this work.
Way to go to make the decision to go for it. I wish you well.

Take care,
Diet Diva
Diet Diva
Trusted Member - #90 Club

Return to The Weight Room