Modified program....?????

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Modified program....?????

Postby Lois » November 24th, 2003, 7:07 pm

Hi there,

Is anyone considering doing the modified program on Thanksgiving Day and/or Christmas Day???

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not sure. I don't want to open up Pandora's box, so to speak :shock: , but on the other hand, a plate of salad and some white turkey meat would seem like an absolute FEAST ;)

Any thoughts??????

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » November 26th, 2003, 3:45 pm

Hi Lois,

I am planning on doing the modified program on Thanksgiving as well as Christmas. I will watch everything I put in my mouth. I baked all day and I was very good, didn't even lick a spoon! When I cook I am usually too tired to eat, lets hope this continues!

Remember, these holidays are about the people, family & friends, not the food. (Oh and the presents ;) Im spoiled) Hopefully this year Ill be returning things for a smaller, rather than larger size.

Have a great holiday and keep on loosin'.

Jackie

re Thanksgiving Modified Meal and some sobering thoughts

Postby Nancy » November 27th, 2003, 12:54 am

Hi Lois and Jackie and others...

Of COURSE you may have a modified meal for Thanksgiving.

The modified meal consists of 4-5 ounces of lean meat for women, 6-7 ounces of lean meat for men. You may have one to one and half cups of cooked veggies (NO SMASHED ‘taters, Kids. Avoid the starchy veggies. None of that Green Bean casserole either!) I suggest that you “Go for the Greens” – broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, green or yellow wax beans, zucchini, spinach. Instead if cooked veggies, a nice green salad is great. You may have one – two cups of salad greens PLUS ¼ cup of raw veggies – tamaters, ‘shrooms, brocc, cabbage, green onions, cukes, celery, etc. PLUS 1-2 Tablespoons of non-fat or low-fat salad dressing.

You can fluctuate from Full to Modified Plan and still safely and consistently lose that unwanted poundage. Some folks have the Modified Plan on the weekends and do the “Full Meal Deal” during the weekdays.

Personally I think it is a good idea to have a small salad with a snort of olive oil and vinegar several times a week even when on the Full Meal Deal.

Reminder: you may have up to three stalks of celery a day and also a couple of dill pickles.

Keep yourself busy – serve others, enjoy the family time, think THIN! Remember, Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

When I see something that looks especially wonderful and tempting, I picture it covered with something disgusting and then it doesn’t seem so appetizing to me. Remember that great song Julie Andrews sings in musical ‘The Sound of Music” about her favorite things? I think about some of my favorite things and try to distract myself. If the food continues to tantalize me, I picture it smeared with some of my UNfavorite things and then I don’t feel so bad!

Remember…you have tasted smashed potatoes before. You know how turkey gravy tastes.

You’ve had pumpkin pie before. There WILL be pecan pie again.

Brown ‘n Serve rolls are a dollar a dozen! You can buy them any ol’ day ya want!

Green Bean casserole is served at every family gathering.
You’ve had shrimp salad before.

You are not being sequestered on a forbidden island somewhere. This is a temporary life saving eating plan that you are happily choosing to follow. You would rather eat healthy than to bathe in Lipitor.

The Thanksgiving foods WILL be available again. You can do this. You have been doing it successfully for some time now. Thanksgiving lasts just one day. You can do anything for one day.

The foods on your table will most likely all be available again but these people gathered together in this very place at this very moment in time may NOT be together again. I write this last thought to you with tears in my eyes because my very own Daddy is still in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit in a hospital in Portland, OR. Last year, Thanksgiving 2002 was a Medifast Thanksgiving Dinner for moi. It was a year without pumpkin pie, turkey gravy and dressing on my plate but my Daddy was at the head of the table. Gimme Daddy any day! (BTW, he is off the ventilator and slightly improving. His 80th birthday is Friday, November 28th!)

If you are obese, your family and friends may be wondering if you will continue to be seated at the family table next year.

Do all you can to get yourself healthy and do your best to be at the table next year.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lois » November 27th, 2003, 9:20 am

Thanks, Jackie and Nancy :)

The turkey's in the oven, and it smells GREAT!

I'm gonna have some white turkey meat and PLAIN green beans with my family this afternoon....

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!! WE HAVE SO MUCH TO BE THANKFUL FOR :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » November 27th, 2003, 1:28 pm

I want to add my Thanksgiving greetings also.

Nancy, thank you for your post. It has reminded me of what is truly important. And I wish a speedy recovery for your dear Daddy.

Thanks also for the reminder of what we can do to help get through the holiday. I know that the best way to handle tomorrow (my family stuff is Friday rather than Thursday) is to plan ahead and be prepared. I'm going to do the "fake plate" trick that Ellen did at her office party. I'm going to put a few things on the plate and push it around, then throw it away. I feel much more confident knowing I have a plan!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

thakful

Postby susan » November 29th, 2003, 3:55 pm

Nancy, I am so thankfull for my family and just being with them was great and I pray for your Dad and hope everthing turns out ok .I will remember you in my prayers susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

A Dad Report

Postby Nancy » November 30th, 2003, 9:29 pm

Hi, Kids ~

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers for my Daddy. I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that there are people all around the USA praying for him. He is still a very sick man and remains in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.

I have a killer sinus infection and have been unable to visit him in person since Tuesday, November 25th. I wore a mask and gloves but the last few days I've had a fever and have been advised to stay away.

The ventilator has been removed and Daddy is beginning to awaken from the sedatives. He is unable to talk very much due to a very swollen throat but day by day he is becoming more alert. Sometimes he knows my Mom and sometimes not. They have been married for 57 years - my Mom is a lovely woman and awaits the day that Daddy can come home, as do we! Our prayer is that he will be HOME for CHRISTmas!

After church today our daughter and son-in-law visited for a short time and brought a smile to my father's lips. Whee! Keep those prayers going up-up-up for him to be able to talk and to swallow so the feeding tube can be removed.

Thank you! :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss