question about modified

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

question about modified

Postby sher » February 16th, 2004, 3:19 pm

Went saw my doc today, was concerned about the potty problem, ya know , constipated for a week, then diahrea the next week, not feeling real great, so he suggested one meal a day...so that is modified, correct? So what do I EAT...not real crazy about this, but will try...so one meal then how many shakes...if I do the one normal meal, then I do not do the bars or soup...is this correct? Thanks a bunch...I will try this, I also have not lost in a week....so we will see....

Sher
a little discouraged at the moment
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby star85 » February 16th, 2004, 4:20 pm

Hi Sher,
After reading Nancy's post that she lost all her weight by starting the Modified plan after being on the Full fast for the 1st 3 months and also after Unca suggested I try the Modified because I informed him that I kept cheating on the Full Fast plan, I just started on the Modified Plan. I don't know whether or not you have it, but the "Quick Start" handbook describes the Modified Plan in detail. I received it free with my first order. in case you don't have it, this is what it says ( abbv.):
4-5 Medifast supplements a day ( At least 3 shakes then other 2 can be any other supplement)
1 Lean/green meal
4-5 oz. (females) chicken, fish, lean cuts beef, pork, lamb,VERY LEAN ground beef 93%
1-2 C. salad greens w/ 1/4 C. peppers, onions cucumbers, celery mushrooms radishes,alfalfa or bean sprouts, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage

1-2 Tbsp. low or non-fat salad drsg.
or
1-1 1/2 C. asparagus, grean beans, beets, cauliflower, snow peas, spinich, zucchini. ( Limit veggies or salad with drsg. to a total of 80 calories and 10 grams of carbs.)

Modified plan allows up to 2 Bars a day.

1 pkt of crackers a day allowed.

2 fast soups a day allowed.

1-2 tsp. ketchup, mustard, Bar-B-Q sauce or
spices.

Sher, I hope this helps. Good luck! I figure I'd rather do it this way and not cheat and keep making progress, than do the full fast and keep cheating and making no progress. On certain days if I feel I don't need the meal, I just won't have it. Also the booklet states that you MUST be under a physician's care with the Full fast, but with the Modified because it's healthier, it states a Certified Health Advisor or qualified medical practitioner. It is also easier to make the transition from the Modified plan to the maintenance plan when it's time because your body will already be used to having some food. You're also teaching yourself portion control and how to eat properly on the Modified. I 'd rather reach goal a few weeks later than not at all!! This is just a personal choice for me and you can always alternate back and forth between both plans.
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby sher » February 16th, 2004, 9:03 pm

Thanks SOOOO very much :lol: I really appreciate this....hopefully my problem will get better , you explained it beautifully....thanks again..

Sherry
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Modified Plan

Postby Maisie » February 17th, 2004, 7:29 am

Good morning to all:

I have been on the Modifast, as coined on this forum, for 15 days and at Nancy's suggestion started with this plan. I am down 10.5 lbs so far and thrilled. I have been averaging about 800-900K a day.

We all know that the fewer choices there are the easier it is to stick to an eating plan. Also, weight loss experts agree that once people start to really concentrate on changing the food while dieting or "enhancing" it instead of appreciating it for what it is, they start to have a relationship with food again. I took this concpet to heart when I started.

So, since the beginning my meal has been 5oz of grilled chicken breast (200K on Lean Mean Grilling Machine), a box of Green Giant Broccoli (75K) and 1 TBS of Atkins Steak Sauce (5K). The meal never changes so I shop once a week and that's it. I have the chicken breasts halved and individually wrapped for freezing at the store for portion control. This is working for me. Also, the broccoli falls into the under 80K range and is quite filling and provides excellent fiber content over salad and dressing.

Just a thought and my way of avoiding a relationship with my evening meal. Whatever works!!!

Maisie
Start 2/2/2004
171/160.5/125
Maisie
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby star85 » February 17th, 2004, 8:24 am

I found in the grocery store Gorton's Pre- grilled salmon fillets. They come 2 to a box, they are frozen, and pre portioned 3.1 oz. a piece. I pop one fillet in the oven with some spices and a couple of spritz of 0 everything butter "flavor" spray for 20 minutes. They taste fantastic! They are low in calories and have Omega 3 & 6 which is so good for you. You would think I grilled them on my outdoor grill! I like that they come sealed frozen too because they stay fresh and I can whip one out any time. I have a salad or steamed veggies with them. I also purchased a big bag of frozen chicken breast. They're delicious, pre portioned and I just throw 2 in a pan with some 0 calorie spray and some spices and cook them up. They taste great and are very low in calories. It's pure breast fillets and I don'thave to clean , slice, measure, and freezer bag each piece myself like I used to on other diets I have tried. My friend on Weight Watchers used them and gave me the idea. I switch back and forth from salad to steamed veggies so I won't get bored. I feel good that I'm putting good nutrition into my body with a variety of foods and still losing weight. The meals are easy and delicious, which gives me plenty of time to cook and feel satisfied with my meal and still be able to cook and serve dinner to my husband and two sons. Like I've read in previous posts, it is still hard when you have "little ones" because their snacks ( chips, cereal bars, etc.) are still staring at you all day, but It helps knowing I get to eat something too! I'm starting to learn how to eat properly in the process, which is what I'm going to have to do to maintain my ideal weight for the rest of my life once I reach it. I feel more satisfied so it prevents me from going on an all out binge from feeling totally deprived. Good luck to everyone and keep the great tips coming in. Variety is the spice of life!

Kelyn
star85

Postby susan » February 17th, 2004, 2:19 pm

I hate to bust someone balloon but it is only 1 bar a day. and the nurse only recomends 3 a week.because they are high in carbs and caliores.just thought I would put in my 2 bits . if you think this is wrong nancy or the nurse will tell you the same thing.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » February 17th, 2004, 4:26 pm

Yes, it's only 1 bar a day.
The 3 bars a week is news to me Susan?
My "guess" is, that if you told the nurse you were diabetic, she may have recommended this because they are higher in sugar than the other meal replacements. This is something we should look into though.

Thanks for bringing this up,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby star85 » February 17th, 2004, 6:08 pm

Hey Guys!
I know with me personally I only have one bar a day since I'm used to having only one bar anyway from when I was doing the full fast.
Just to set the record straight though, the "Quick Start" book which I received with my 1st order specifically states, "Medifast supplement bars are slightly higher in carbohydrates, and should be limited to one per day on COMPLETE programs or may be used up to twice daily on MODIFIED programs." ( p. 5 @ the bottom ) Check it out in the book Unca and let me know what you think. If the book they give to all the "Newbies " with their first orders is wrong, then they should make the corrections in all fairness to the people trying to lose the weight. Don't you guys agree? Peresonally I have had no problems losing the weight on this program using 1 Bar a day. I haven't heard anything or seen anything in writing in regards to only 3 bars a week. On rare occasions rather than cheat I have had a second bar and still did not gain. To each their own I guess. Unca let me know what you find out. I'm curious and now a bit confused!

Thanks,
Kelyn
star85

Postby Unca_Tim » February 17th, 2004, 6:36 pm

Thanks Kelyn,
Very interesting. I'll look into it.
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss