Modified

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Modified

Postby Me » January 18th, 2004, 12:13 pm

[color=brown] I've just started the Modified diet today. Call me weak but I've got hunger pains. I know I'm allowed one meal a day but I was curious to whether or not I was allowed anything with the shakes? If not, I'm sure I'll survive (though I feel sorry for my family ;) ) But if so that would be great, I'm used to eating what I want when I want. So this whole thing of only have the shakes/drinks and one meal is different to me. Though I'm a willing participant and fully believe I'll have good results. Advice would help greatly.[/color]
Me

Postby Maggie » January 18th, 2004, 12:37 pm

Dear Me. ...........It is normal to have hunger pains. You can have 5 celery sticks and 2 dill pickles. If you feel hungry have an extra shake. I don't know what products you purchased this first month but if you have the Medifast crackers, you can have a pack of those. You can have fast soups and or boullion. You can also have a serving of sugar-free jello. Drink plenty of water or diet beverages. The first 3 or 4 days are hard for everyone. First because it is a different way of eating, second because you are drastically reducing your caloric intake and third you are not in that mild state of ketosis yet. That kicks in about the 3rd or 4th dayand you won't be hungry. Believe it or not, it is easy to forget about eating. I have been on Medifast for 7 weeks. Have lost 39 lbs. It gets easier, I promise. Just hang in there. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

thanks

Postby Me » January 18th, 2004, 3:58 pm

Thanks Magie, I'll keep in mind all the tips, at the moment we just have the sakes. But my mom (Final_straw) and I are considering getting some of the other things, it is still up for debate though. One more question. Does anyone eat cheese on their salads? Like the non-fat cheese or is that pretty much off the list of things best recommended. And also, what salad dressings are good? I've grown up on ranch which is prob the worst one out there.
Me

Postby Jeanette » January 18th, 2004, 8:56 pm

ME:

I don't mean to meddle, but I do hope your mom has taken you to the doctor to get Medifast okayed for you! since you are an adolescent, you most definitely need a doctor's care. Your nutritional needs are different than an adult.

Anyway....yes, try one of the permitted snacks, like a pickle or a fast soup. And dont for get the boullion!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby Unca_Tim » January 19th, 2004, 2:27 pm

Hi Me,
Jeanette has a very good point. You're young enough your body is still developing and you should be working with your doctor on this one.

You may find this post helpful on your cheese question:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=355

Some good links about salad dressings are:
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=163
http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » January 19th, 2004, 2:43 pm

Curious, I am Me's Mom as sure most of you have figured out. She has had a vist with the doc in the last 6 months and everything was fine, the doc did however tell her she could stand to lose a few pounds and suggested a low fat diet with vitamins.

I however have been told by the same doc I should do a low carb diet with vitamins.

Actually, 'Me' (Honnah) is going to be 18 years old soon, so we figured she was close enough to an adult that her nutritional needs were not that different from mine and her Dads.

Input welcome :) .

Steph
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

grrrrrrr...

Postby Me » January 19th, 2004, 2:55 pm

As my mom said, I will be 18 soon. I have been allowed to make my own decisions in many important things here in a lastyear or so. I figure, I'm old enough to join the military, chose the collage I go to, and decide what to do with the rest of my life, so why not old enough to chose how to eat and lose wieght. I know what my doctor has said here recently. Plus I know my body, I am fully confident that no harm will come to me though I appriciate your concern.

Thank you for the information on the cheese and for all the words of encouragment.
Me

Postby Jeanette » January 20th, 2004, 7:18 am

That is helpful, knowing you are more towards 18 than 15 or so! As long as your doctor KNOWS the type of weight loss program you are doing and is supervising you, I think that is good.

:)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Return to Weight Loss