Modified vs. Full Fast

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Modified vs. Full Fast

Postby Kimbob » December 19th, 2003, 1:16 pm

I've been doing about 1/2 and 1/2 modified vs. full fast (about three
days a week modified, the rest fast). Is it just me, or does anyone
else out there notice that the days of full fast area actually easier
than the modified days? When I have a meal at night, I find that I'm
actually hungrier and am tempted to eat more than my alloted portion.
I'm also DYING for that next suppliment in three hours and I wake up
hungry the next day. When I don't eat a meal, I find that I'm
actually fine. I have to remind myself to take that next suppliment
and I don't have any difficulties the next morning. I know Mike would definitely say "STOP THE MODIFIED!! " :). I'm thinking he might be right (he usually is. That's why I like him so much). My biggest concern, however, is if I go to full fast mode permanently, going OFF the program safely will be much more difficult. I'm a little scared of having to reteach my body how to handle solid foods.

As an aside, I'm also incredibly amused and shocked at myself that sometimes I have to REMIND myself to eat. That has never been a problem in my life. I always thought the folks who said "Oh, I forgot to eat" were insane! LOL. Now I'm one of them. woo hoo!

Kimbob the Curious
----------------------------------
Start Date: 12/09/03
243/210/170 (adjusted and guesstimated for new scale)
Kimbob
Regular Member - #30 Club

Re: Modified vs. Full Fast

Postby explorthis » December 22nd, 2003, 9:17 am

Kimbob wrote:I've been doing about 1/2 and 1/2 modified vs. full fast (about three days a week modified, the rest fast). I know Mike would definitely say "STOP THE MODIFIED!! " :). I'm thinking he might be right (he usually is. That's why I like him so much).

I'm a little scared of having to reteach my body how to handle solid foods.

As an aside, I'm also incredibly amused and shocked at myself that sometimes I have to REMIND myself to eat.

Stop the Modified!! (kidding) Remember, I am not a Medifast God (just a God in general) Ok, that was a joke, laugh with me... If the modified works for you then do the modified... But... you yourself are saying, "anyone on the full fast finding it easier?" Uh I find that is true also...

Remember its such a short stint in the loss scheme of your life... You have 75# to go to goal... The last thing you are honestly REALLY worried about is "reteaching yourself to eat again. This will be the fun part. Think about it, your at your new "Kimbob the hottie" weight and you have all these bitchin new clothes, everyone is looking at you, your significant other cant keep his hands off of you... This is the time to EAT PROPERLY... Learn new techniques... Learn new eating habits, a new life style, learn what NEW PROPER foods taste like and how to eat them properly....

Again, the FULL FAST for me is the only way, I want the rest of the weight off.. I want it to be done, as bad as ANY OF YOU!! I am in the same boat, we are all in the same boat...

If the modified works, so be it. I am not preaching about Medifast or Medifast modified, I just want the weight off. If the full fast will cause me to loose just a "little" faster, then full fast it is for me!!!

Keep it up.....

Mike the reader.
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby susan » December 22nd, 2003, 5:32 pm

Hi Mike and kimbob,Ihave been thinking about what you said about the full fast and i wonder if I would do better on the full fast .I am not droping the wt. like some of the rest of you I am going down every week but it is like 3#or 2# or this week it was1# and that is really discourageing to me ....but some of you are doing so great I;d like to lose at least 3# a week but seems like it just hangs on . 231/197/ 125 34# since the last of october and it has been modfied . so I reallly am thiinking about thiis. susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to Weight Loss