Entering the World of Transition!

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby Lizabette » September 29th, 2006, 9:21 pm

Thanks, ROBIN,
Today I weighed 132.5, (2 & 1/2 pounds below my goal of 135.)
Actually, I am thinking that 130 might be a better weight for me, given my height at 5'1". So I haven't been concerned that I would lose too much yet.
And, obviously, I do not do the amount of exercising that you do.
I do mostly water aerobics and walking, and that has been limited during this last month because of guests and trips.
We have one more short trip at the end of October to OKC and then I think we will be at home more, especially with guests and family coming during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

How tall are you, ROBIN?
Also, I wondered what your daily calorie amount is to maintain your weight of 130. I would be interested in a summary of your meals and activites.

Maintenance has not been nearly the problem I expected it to be.
And shopping is enjoyable, isn't it?
Seems like you are doing quite well.
You are an inspiration to many, so keep it up...

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby DogMa » September 29th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Ah, well, it's different if you want to lose more.

I'm 5-foot-2. I'm actually trying to drop a bit more, but it's as slow as it was on Medifast (I didn't want to continue on Medifast, though, because of the low level of calories and my increased level of activity). Right now I'm eating between 925 and 950 calories a day (six days a week, with one day of unrestricted eating each week), but I'm thinking of increasing it some more because I've been burning quite a bit with exercise. Ratios are about 40-45 percent protein, 35-40 percent carb and 20 percent fat.

My metabolism is still SO slow.

As for food, a normal day is:

1/3 cup of Egg Beaters scrambled with about 1/2 cup of red bell peppers and onions, topped with 1 tablespoon of low-fat feta, all wrapped up in two low-carb Mission tortillas

Some Glenny's or Stacey's soy crisps, or a Medifast chili or oatmeal or broccoli soup

Stacey's soy crisps (if I didn't have them earlier) or two RTDs and a low-fat string cheese

Dinner - salad with about 4 ounces of chicken and 2 tablespoons of low-fat feta (and fat-free, sugar-free dressing)

Soy crisps or a Body For Life or equivalent bar (again, depends on what I had earlier)

Medifast pudding with a spoonful of Cool Whip

Four days a week I use the treadmill for 25-30 minutes (high-intensity interval training building from 3.5 mph on a 1 incline up to jogging at 4.5 mph on a 4 incline). Two days a week I lift weights for an hour.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » September 30th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Thanks for the info, ROBIN. You seem to have everything down pat.
And you've given me some good ideas.

You know, I used to be 5' 2-1/2", but I have shrunk with age! Others have told me they have to, so that may be one of the joys of getting older!

My metabolism has always been slow, :x but that seemed to be because I was not very active and kind of laid back.
That doesn't seem to be your situation.

We are both fortunate to have learned that at any age we should do our best to be the healthist that we can be.
It is a lifetime comitment and it is good that we can help and inspire others along the way.
One of my guests this past week said that if I could do it, so could she!

Lizabette

Postby DogMa » September 30th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Yeah, I've read that we start shrinking at age 30. (So I SAY I'm 5-foot-2, but I haven't actually measured recently.)

Don't know that I have a handle on ANY of this yet, though. I'm not happy with the idea that I can't eat more than 920 calories a day without gaining weight. That's even worse than I was before Medifast.

I'm giving it some time, though.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Hi

Postby dede4wd » October 13th, 2006, 5:45 pm

I've been a little behind, how are you doing now? Through with transition and into maintenance? I'll go check the journals! Proud of you!

D
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby DogMa » October 13th, 2006, 6:08 pm

BTW, I asked them to measure me at the doc's office this week. I'm now just under 5' 1 1/2".
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Re: Hi

Postby Lizabette » October 21st, 2006, 10:50 am

dede4wd wrote:I've been a little behind, how are you doing now? Through with transition and into maintenance? I'll go check the journals! Proud of you! D

DEDE,
Me behind too! Don't do as much in Maintenance as I should. I'm doing good to keep up with my journal.

Today, OCTOBER 21, 2006, I am at 131.8#, Yesterday at 131.4#.

So I am definitely into Maintenance, and eating the extra's that I am allowed. YUM!
Thank you for being there for me and everyone else.
TOPS is what you are!

BTW, ROBIN. It's good to know that I am not the only one shrinking in height!
But the other side of that is, we are shrinking in weight! WTG!

Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » October 22nd, 2006, 8:33 pm

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2006

130.9...almost to maintenance mini-goal of 130!
Of course, Sunday is my day for an indulgence or two, so tomorrow can be up a little. :oops:
Things are going well on the maintenance front! Keeping a log of my foods and activity.
With guests this week exercise has been below par. Next week should be better.
Special out-of-state events next weekend will also cut into the regular schedule of food and excercise.
But I am trying to learn to work with this, since that is the way life is for us right now!
It's still a good place to be in, especially feeling and looking good and enjoying everything so much more.
Keep up the good work, all!

Lizabette

Postby Lizabette » December 8th, 2006, 12:57 pm

ImageJust to let you all know I am still a maintainer and proud of it! :lol:
130.6 today!
Hope to see many of you in the camp soon!
Enjoying being here with DQ, ROBIN, and others, but there's plenty of room for the transitioners and all the rest of you!
Lizabette

Hi

Postby dede4wd » December 8th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Silver Fox,
I'm SO thrilled you're doing so well in maintenance...Hold me a seat, I'm COMING!!!! Okay, you can rent the seat, but I'll be there!

I'm so happy for you!

DeDe
Last edited by dede4wd on December 8th, 2006, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Elidh » December 8th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Silver Fox - you're an inspiration!! I'm in Transition right now - weight varies between 129.0-130.5. So far, so good!!
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Lizabette » January 1st, 2007, 11:32 pm

Elidh wrote:Silver Fox - you're an inspiration!! I'm in Transition right now - weight varies between 129.0-130.5. So far, so good!!

ELIDH, Congratulations on reaching goal and transition. (Maybe maintenance by now!)
I feel badly that I haven't checked into Maintenance forum like I should.
Hey, I have been maintaining for over 4 months and have been under goal all that time
(I seem to be leveling off now at 2-3 pounds under goal.)
I can't stay out of the stores running all the wonderful year end and new year sales, my closet is beginning to look like a department store!
This has got to stop!
But it's such fun shopping in the size 8-10 sizes...some 6's.
I am so thrilled about our new transitioner/maintainers, and others who are about there.
My, what stories they have to tell and inspire us with.
DEDE, I'm trying to keep your seat warm, I know you'll be here soon.
Lizabette

Postby Elidh » January 3rd, 2007, 11:15 am

Thanks Lizabette. I'm hanging in there - I have been in Maintenance now for a couple of weeks. I seem to range 1-2# above or below goal (129), which is just fine with me.

The thing I am doing, which I didn't do in any other "diet" I was on, is that, even tho done losing weight, I weigh minimum once daily.
Elidh

Elidh
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » January 3rd, 2007, 11:42 am

Liz lady,

I hope you don't mind my stealing an image from you, but I neeeeeeed it. :mrgreen:

jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Lizabette » January 26th, 2007, 8:51 am

JO, my dear. I'm so glad you thought of this idea. I'm proud to attach the medallion to my signature.

JAN. 26, 2007 ---132.3 (STILL BELOW GOAL AFTER ALMOST 5 MONTHS!)

Time for me to get on the stick and start posting more in Maintenance. I keep saying that. If it helps anybody then I'm sure it is worth it.
I do enjoy reading the posts.

Somehow I am always drawn to your posts, JO's ...even if I have only lost half as much as you have, I still feel awed by that.
:bow: to you and LAUREN and other big time losers!
But that doesn't keep me from feeling that a miracle has happened for me and I don't take it lightly!

I loved your answer about what made the difference in NOW and THEN! I have thought about that too.
In the past when I have lost to a normal weight, what did I do but breezily throw caution out the window and start eating again as before,
and of course the weight would come back and back on the yoyo track I would go.
Maybe maturity has something to do with it, but I have been mature before and still and still...
So age, maybe yes, but something else has to be at work here.
As I have said, I don't ever want to go
above my goal weight (135#) but at one point recently, I went one half pound above! NO!!!

So one thing I am doing differently is to weigh and record that and my food every day. (I haven't missed!)
I always eat breakfast---oatmeal with flaxseed meal (for Omega3 oil) and skim milk.
I have added two fruits, when possible. Always veggies whatever amount I want. (Sometimes a sweet potato).
I love bread, so I buy Ezekiel bread (no flour) at the health food store.
I have a lean burger usually once a week, using the E-bread.
I try to have two dairy's, including yogurt with my fruit. I borrowed LAUREN's recipe for that!
I add in a MF drink or snack when I need something extra.
Just try to eat healthy portions of whatever I have.
At this point, one of my all time favorites is Nature Valley Granola bars with 1 T peanut butter between. (I even have it for a lunch sometimes.)
I get on kicks sometimes and change my favorites.
On Sunday I have a treat--a nice piece of Marie Callendar's Lemon Meringue Pie.
I read about everything I can on maintaining, even going online to the WW web site (great maintenance info there) !
All's fair in love, war and diets!
So all of these things are making the difference this time for me!
That's all I can think of right now.
Well, DH and I do go to the Y three days a week, and walk on other days for 30 minutes. That is an important difference! So gotta get ready to go!
Thanks for coming by my post...
You are all so great and there is so much fun going on in the posts now that I love reading. :heart: :heart:
Last edited by Lizabette on January 28th, 2007, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lizabette

PreviousNext

Return to Maintenance