Don't mean to complain but........

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Don't mean to complain but........

Postby FORMOMMY » February 1st, 2006, 6:58 am

So I started last Monday and I lost 11 pounds by Sunday and then on my weigh in dayMonday it was up and I had only lost 7 pounds. Still good but I was discouraged (easy to do with me). So I weighed myself this morning and I am down 9 pounds.

I guess I shouldn't be discouraged because it is going down - but I have to admit, last night I was a tad discouraged and felt like this may not work for me. :( I will be honest, I have contemplated lap band surgery and this is my last attempt before I pursue that.

I am not giving up but I needed to vent. Thanks for "listening". :)

Michelle
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 1st, 2006, 7:23 am

Hey there Michelle :) You really ARE doing wonderful!!! It is discouraging when the weight fluctuates upward a little. :x I was feeling the same as you last week...BUT the scale IS going down again and at a nice pace too! I just can't weigh every day, it is WAY to discouraging.

The thing about surgery is, people who have had it, on average, don't lose any faster than with medifast. AND you can only eat VERY small portions and will never be able to enjoy the portion sizes our Lean and Green give us. That's not even mentioning the health risks of surgery.

You can do this! We live in a "drive through/instant" society. We can have just about anything we want at lightning speed! Medifast's combination of fast and SAFE weightloss is the best out there.

Stick with us! :hug: Lean on us! :stroll: and we'll do this together! :D
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 1st, 2006, 7:36 am

Thank you MusicalMama - I know you are right. I appreciate the uplifting words.

Michelle :D
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby Trixie » February 1st, 2006, 8:29 am

Don't get discouraged! The first week I lost 9.5 lbs then in week two only something like .08. Weeks 3 & 4 I began to see a loss again...sure not as much as the first week, but 3 or so lbs a week. I've been on since 12/28 and have lost almost 20 lbs. Before you give up or decide this program is not for you may I suggest that you give it a whole month. I truly believe after a month you will be convinced that it works. I know I am!

Good Luck!

Trixie
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby mmob » February 1st, 2006, 8:52 am

I know how you feel - I just posted on this two days ago - I lost 6.5 lbs and then gained one - while sticking to it - and I got a lot of encouragement here - sure enough - today - it's gone again. So even though I haven't lost anymore yet I feel a little more positive!! I know it is hard for me to see any increases when I'm doing what I'm supposed to - but I also know that this plan can work.

Stay strong!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

9 pounds gone

Postby Jan » February 1st, 2006, 9:16 am

Oh my Goodness Maria,
I'm going to give you a little "tough love" here. You have lost -- if I read this correctly-- 9 pounds in a little over a week. That is a tremendous weight loss. Many others wish they could lose that quickly. Plus remember our fluid levels in our bodies ie water weight bounce us up and down. This is the fastest and safest way to part with those very unwanted pounds!! As to the surgery -- guess what many many patients do after the surgery ??-- yup, Medifast. It is difficult to get in all your vitamins and minerals with such a small stomach capacity and remember stomachs stretch !!! Plus, it is also difficult to insure you are not burning up your muscle tissue. And, as a previous poster said -- you are limiting your intake for the rest of your life. On our program you can have a treat once in a while when you're on maintenance. Soooo keep shaking, don't concentrate on that old scale toooo much :x You'll do great and soon those pounds will be a thing of the past. :mrgreen:
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby mmob » February 1st, 2006, 9:23 am

Ack! I only Lost 6.5 -- Michelle lost the 9lbs!!! I agree it's great! Totally great!!

Cheers!
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » February 1st, 2006, 9:36 am

Thank you EVERYONE!!!!!! I will not give up :)

I ordered the one month supply variety pak so I was giving it a month anyway. Don't want to waste money - :lol:

I am finding out quickly what I like and don't like! HA! Not a fan of the oatmeal - but I am eating it and will probably continue to eat it as it fills me in the morning. I am sure everyone has their favorites.

I do think part of my problem may be the southern region. I think I need to get some fiber stuff to help me out - if you get my drift . :oops:

I do feel better after reading all your posts. THank you.

Michelle
Michelle

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby falisamarie » February 1st, 2006, 10:44 am

Michelle

You are doing so well!! (you too Maria). Yesterday must have been one of those days though cause I was feeling a little discouraged myself and I gav ein and weighed and was up 2 whole pounds however when I looked at it closer and analyzed what was going on I realized that I was retaining quite a bit of water. Today those 2lbs are gone plus 2 ( I know I should stay off the scale but I had a Drs appt and was going to be weighed anyway) My Dr was so thrilled to see since i was there on 1-20-06 I had parted with 9lbs.

This program really works so hang in there and let us know when you are having difficult moments because that is what this forum is here for!

Keep shakin

Lisa :rose:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SueInSLO » February 1st, 2006, 11:02 am

but I had a Drs appt and was going to be weighed anyway) My Dr was so thrilled to see since i was there on 1-20-06 I had parted with 9lbs.

Lisa

:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:
WooHoooo!!! Lisa!!! I bet that felt sooooooo good having to step on the scale at the Dr's and have a loss! You are doing GREAT!! Way to go!!!

Sue
:D
SueInSLO

Postby MusicalMomma » February 1st, 2006, 11:36 am

YAY Lisa!!! WEIGH, I mean WAY TO GO!!!!!! I knew that water would have to go go go soon!! You stuck to it and didn't give into the discouragement!!! You are an inspiration!!!!!
MusicalMomma

Postby Serendipity » February 1st, 2006, 12:59 pm

Michelle, If you keep on as you are for the next 3 months, seeing the scale go up and down like that, getting frustrated each time, but stick to the program.....you will most likely be about where I am right now......51 pounds lost in 3 1/2 months. I just had to accept that the scale is fickle and stick to the program. Yep, that's it, just like magic. Put the scale away if you can't take the variations....just stick to the plan and move forward. You won't regret it.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby stelar » February 1st, 2006, 1:24 pm

Hi Michelle,
Listen to what everyone is telling you. This will work for YOU! YOU just have to work IT. I was watching Oprah (yes, I like Oprah) and she had this lady on there who had lost major weight by having surgery. The lady said that people don't realize that after a while your stomach stretches again & if you're not careful you will regain the weight. It is NOT a permanent solution, MF is. Stick with us & we'll do it together.

;)
Stela
SD 01/18/06
199/183.5/135
stelar
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 1st, 2006, 2:32 pm

stelar wrote:I was watching Oprah (yes, I like Oprah) and she had this lady on there who had lost major weight by having surgery. The lady said that people don't realize that after a while your stomach stretches again & if you're not careful you will regain the weight.

I wondered about that Stela. A lady I know had gastric bypass a couple of years ago and has maybe lost 50lbs of the 150 she needed to lose...she just stalled and never lost any more. I wondered how that was possible. What you said there makes A LOT of sense!
MusicalMomma

Postby Guest » February 1st, 2006, 2:45 pm

Wow - this is most definitely a support group for sure!!! :D

THank you, thank you, thank you for your words and encouragement.

I was talking to someone and they made me realize one of the reasons I may have put on the few pounds I lost and then stalled. I fell at work and hurt my knee and have been on prednisone (a steroid) for about 3 of the 8 days I've been on MF. I guess it can make you feel hungry, retain fluids, gain weight....all the things I've been experiencing the last 2 days.

So I will chalk it up to that and keep on going! Thanks again everyone.

Michelle

Next

Return to Come on in.