Don't mean to complain but........

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Dayna » February 1st, 2006, 4:31 pm

Oh my, prednisone can do all kinds of yucky things to our bodies! I've had to take it for asthma-related problems a couple of times, and I hate hate HATE the way it makes me feel. Yes, it absolutely makes you hungrier and retain water (that "puffy" prednisone look). Plus, I always felt like my brain was about two steps behind where it was supposed to be. Just FYI, this is from Success in a Shaker Jar:

Success in a Shaker Jar wrote:Small doses of steroid medications will not harm your Medifast program. However, if you have a medical condition that requires more than twenty milligrams of prednisone a day, you should not do Medifast. Wait until you can wean off the medication or your required dosage drops below this level.

Sorry to hear about your injury, and I hope everything feels better soon! As everyone else has said, stick with the program (assuming you're under 20 mg/day of the prednisone), and you'll see results. It's worth it! Also, don't judge how the medifast affects your energy/hunger until you're fully off the prednisone. In a month you won't believe how good you feel! :D

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » February 1st, 2006, 5:07 pm

Oh NO :x My Dr just put me on 10mg of predisone a day for the next 10 days!!!!!! Thank God I can still do my Medifast but I already retain water and I wonder what this will do to me! :scratch: I am not so much looking forward to weigh in day now cause I am also on a very strong antibiotic and I heard that can slooow weight loss down also. Not to mention that I got a big old shot of predisone right in the tush at his office!! No wonder he apologized for putting me on the prednisone.

Ok Guys I need some sort of good news and quick please send me some encouraging words :tears:

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby BerkshireGrl » February 1st, 2006, 5:29 pm

falisamarie wrote:My Dr just put me on 10mg of predisone a day for the next 10 days!!!!!! ... Ok Guys I need some sort of good news and quick please send me some encouraging words

Good news: It's only 10 days? ;)

Besides, what else could you be eating/drinking that would make you lose MORE weight during this time than Medifast? Right? :) Admittedly, you are not in optimum weight-loss conditions right now, but I bet you will still lose some... and losing ANY is sure better than GAINING! :D

Hope you feel better soon too... :pet:
BerkshireGrl
Preferred member

Postby Dayna » February 1st, 2006, 11:41 pm

falisamarie wrote:Ok Guys I need some sort of good news

The winter olympics start in one week! :woohoo: :bounce: :cheerleader:

Or, er, wait, was that not the kind of good news you're looking for? Well, it is good news that it's only a 10-day course, your body should recover pretty quickly. Just stay away from all people who cough or sniff; prednisone suppresses your immune system. And, like Berkshire said, on what other plan could you still be losing weight while taking a steroid? So that's good news, too! You'll make it, and we'll be here to help.
:cleader:

(I LOOOOVVVEEEE the winter olympics! The figure skating! The hockey! The skiing! The figure skating! The speed skating! The ski jumping! The figure skating! The bobsledding! Did I mention the figure skating?)

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby suzyq » February 3rd, 2006, 8:40 pm

The toughest lesson I had to learn on Medifast was not to weigh every day, more like every week or every other week. It was too frustrating seeing the scale go up and down. The best loss I had was the two weeks I spent in Maine this summer when I couldn't weigh at all! If you are a numbers freak like me, try one of the tracking charts to keep track of supplements and water - it helps with the "daily progress" fetish. And keep reading - this plan does work if you work the plan! (quote from someone on the forum - can't remember who!)

Susanne
"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

restart 6/5/08
suzyq
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Previous

Return to Come on in.