Charity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Charity » November 30th, 2007, 12:43 am

I really enjoyed that seminar today.

The shock was that my dietitian introduced me and asked me to come up and say something. :? I did not expect that and I am sooo afraid of talking in front of people so I kept it short.

She gave me a pedometer and a coffee mug after as a thank you for sharing so that's cool 8)

It was great hearing all the compliments and how people cant even imagine me ever having been pushing 200 and how I looked great just as I am now BUT what was concerning was that the speakers got really excited about meeting me and continuing to keep contact with me because I was one of the few younger people that could really inspire people through example :shock: .

IMHO...I don't think I am a good example and many would agree :oops: . I even said in my little bit that I am one of the non perfect ones who just wont give up and all the struggling is worth it.

Anyway, I have a new found desire to be a better example!

Oh, and after talking with my dietitian and the speakers, I got the green light on doing the 6/0 or even a 7/0 plan because it's what I want to do (and not because it's better or faster). I am starting it tomorrow as it is already 10 pm.

Well, I am excited so I will jump on my stairmaster!!!

Aloha!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » November 30th, 2007, 3:18 am

I am glad the talk went so well and that you could be an inspiration for others. Any reason you want to go 6-0? I did it a few times just because I was busy, or too tired to cook or to try to jumpstart out of a plateau.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 30th, 2007, 8:06 am

Hey! I'm soooooooooooo glad that you enjoyed your day and what a compliment to your success you received too!! AWESOME NSV!!

Don't forget to know that jumping back on the horse after not being perfect is a HUGE accomplishment! Lots of people don't and I would think that more people fall off of the compliance horse than stay on it for 100% of the weight loss phase. So your story might inspire the majority, ya know?

I'm so happy for you!!!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Charity » November 30th, 2007, 10:31 pm

Well I just finished spending 9 hours at American Red Cross getting my professional CPR certification and I gotta go back tomorrow for first aid training :roll: ! I have been doing this every 2 years but at the hospital. I have to say the training at ARC is superior. I really feel like I know my stuff now :D . However, aunt flo came to visit 2 hours into training :x and that was a huge pain in the buttocks. I had to lay on the floor as a victim, pump chests forever on my knees, crouch down and jump up and drag, and....well lots of activity. Good thing I always carry Tylenol in my purse!

Today was a great day on MF! When I got home from training I was thinking about steaks or a chicken salad but then I reminded myself that I decided to start the fast and I resolved to keep to it.

One of the speakers said that several years ago there was nothing but the plain fast and that is how the other speaker lost 54lbs in 9 weeks. What attacted me to MF in the first place was the fast results. I also love the lack of choice I have. It helps me to stay compliant. WWatcher was bad for me because the opportunity to cheat is there all day long. With 5/1 MF, I could have some real food and so the opportunity to cheat was small. With the full fast I can't goof! You just don't have "real" food! So, I am loving my choice of 6/0 so far! I know my lack of self control :oops: and how much the 6/0 suits me because of it. I have been eating poorly for the last 29 years! I like the big training wheels! :mrgreen:

I imagine maintenance will be a harder adjustment due to my choice but I will cross that fantastic bridge when it comes.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 30th, 2007, 10:39 pm

Sounds like you're off and running on the 6/0! Good for you, I hope it treats you well and that it works well for you. I LOVE it!! I too know that it will make transition a bigger learning curve for me but I really like focusing on one thing at a time. I tend to overload myself with SO many things and love that I've decided to take one major change at a time. Baby steps...weight loss....transition/work outs...etc.

Good luck, Chickie!
Out*With*The*Old
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bikipatra » December 1st, 2007, 5:37 am

Best of luck on 6-0!!! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby lifelovinaries » December 1st, 2007, 7:08 am

I'm glad the choice became easy for YOU! Good luck on the 6-0.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Charity » December 2nd, 2007, 12:30 pm

Well I got my morning work out done early today! The fire alarm went off at 7am and even though I ran out and saw nothing to suspect fire (The rain is coming down in buckets this morning! You cant even see a speck of blue in the sky) I decided to get everyone out just to be safe ( I do have a baby after all)

So of course, elevators were down so off we went baby and baby bag, in hand, in our jammies, down many many many wet stairs.

I know it sounds silly but, man! :? didn't get to check my weight first thing this morning! Oh well, due to aunt flo, it's just been :x pissin' me off anyway.

Off to another great day of MF. :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby CGal67 » December 2nd, 2007, 11:41 pm

Charity wrote:Well I got my morning work out done early today! The fire alarm went off at 7am and even though I ran out and saw nothing to suspect fire (The rain is coming down in buckets this morning! You cant even see a speck of blue in the sky) I decided to get everyone out just to be safe ( I do have a baby after all)

So of course, elevators were down so off we went baby and baby bag, in hand, in our jammies, down many many many wet stairs.

I know it sounds silly but, man! :? didn't get to check my weight first thing this morning! Oh well, due to aunt flo, it's just been :x pissin' me off anyway.

Off to another great day of MF. :mrgreen:

For some reason....I just can't picture rain in Hawaii! :mrgreen: LOL! Hope you get to check your weight tomorrow!

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Charity » December 4th, 2007, 11:17 pm

Well, today was a mixed bag.

I was grrrreat MF wise. I can't wait to jump on the scale tomorrow.

I got a physical for school and I am 15lbs less than my last visit to my PCP a couple months ago :mrgreen:

Exercise wise I did fantastic....because the elevator had been broken all day (starting 5am until now 9pm and they don't know when it will be fixed) :x Soooo I have gone up and down 14 floors three times today with the fitflops on and baby (24 lbs) and bags (at least 10 lbs).

We took pictures with Santa and christmas card pictures today and they came out awful (me wise). I still have a big fat pale face! Darn the flash! My nose dissapears! And darn those belly roles that were in all the pictures even though I was sucking in!

Those pictures sure did make it easy to stay on program this evening :lol: .

I am taking an Anthopology class this semester on-line as a req for nursing and my teacher is driving me crazy! First, 2 months after the first test and many unanswered emails I finally go to his office to take the 2nd test and ask him about my first test. He admits he lost my test and so that is why he has avoided my emails and not responded to my calls but he had the score 25/30 ( I suspect this is a nonsense score because I nailed that test) but I let it slide. Now it is 5 days until the final and he hasn't responded to any of my emails regarding my 2nd test...... :x I hate the man! He is a college teacher for goodness sakes! I called him last week every hour on the hour until he finally answered just to say he didn't grade it yet....whatever, I am already in the program and only need a C.... :?

Time for homework :cry: I have procrastinate too long....good night!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Charity » December 6th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Well not much to report except I am doing well :mrgreen:

My weigh in is tomorrow but I think I am going to skip it :cry: because Hawaii roadways are experiencing all kinds of nonsense due to heavy rains and winds this past week. I am not sure if the Pali highway is even reopened....and with baby in the car..forget it. The least amount of cars going on a limited roadway the better. Too bad it's so far!

So.....no weight in this week but that doesn't mean that I gained and just don't wanna fess up! :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby lifelovinaries » December 6th, 2007, 7:58 pm

Charity wrote:Well not much to report except I am doing well :mrgreen:

My weigh in is tomorrow but I think I am going to skip it :cry: because Hawaii roadways are experiencing all kinds of nonsense due to heavy rains and winds this past week. I am not sure if the Pali highway is even reopened....and with baby in the car..forget it. The least amount of cars going on a limited roadway the better. Too bad it's so far!

So.....no weight in this week but that doesn't mean that I gained and just don't wanna fess up! :mrgreen:

Nothing beats safety. The scale will still be there next week and will read even LESS!

lifelovinaries

Postby Joy » December 9th, 2007, 3:40 pm

Popping over to say hello and wish you all the best!

Happy Holidays,
Joy
Joy

Postby lifelovinaries » December 9th, 2007, 5:19 pm

hey charity, just checking in on ya...and your weather. its only been a couple of days but we haven't seen you. Hope all is well.

lifelovinaries

Postby Charity » December 18th, 2007, 11:12 pm

It is fitting that the last post on my journal is ovary chick because her signature statement rocks.

Failure is not an option, restarting is! :weightlift:

During finals week I feel off program and although I shape up in time for weigh in on Friday (accountablity rocks). I am yoyoing like an idiot.

I have a real problem with munching while studing. I need to utalize gum and water and coffee as a substitude.

Okay, so I told my husband I need the night off to organize my life for next year and so I decided to redo my excel spread sheet Medifast Success tracker. I made one the first time I tried MF in late January and I did a new one in September when I restarted. I decided 2 weeks of crappy dieting has made it necessary to redo it yet again.

At first I was unhappy about my past restart. I was rocky pretty much the whole way through it. Then guess what? I looked at the total weight loss and it was almost 26lbs! Because my bestest friend in the whole world made me restart I am 26lbs less. Rocky path or not, I am now 26lbs down since restart. This is so great! :mrgreen:

So, I decided to stop beating myself up and restart again with a victorious feeling instead of a defeated feeling inside me :D I would like to loose another 26lbs so if I can just do it again.......oh boy oh boy!

Should I change my ticker? Can I have 2 tickers? Hummmmm :scratchhead: ....input please :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal