Charity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Charity » November 19th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I am down over 1 lb this morning which was sooo great to see because the scale had not budged for over 3 days and it was getting pretty annoying. I just know I will be in the 140s by my next weigh in....oh well...maybe by friday. Because of the holiday I bumped my weigh in day to wednesday this week--Friday is for shopping :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yesterday my family went to the mall and like always (we live on a small rock in the middle of the ocean after all) I ran into tons of people.
We ran into old friends, old neighbors, co-workers, old classmates, old co-workers, you get it.

It occured to me after that trip to the mall how much loosing this weight meant to me and my self esteem. I use to alway cringe when i ran into someone because I was so fat and unhappy with myself. Now, I love running into people and saying hello! :shock: Do you know how much stress and anxiety had been romoved from my life by loosing this weight!?!?!!? Forget the pumpkin pie folks!!!! I choose self esteem over pumpkin pie anyday!!!

:D I think that is the most significant NSV so far on this journey to health.

I am still the queen of negative self talk however :roll: . I wish I new how to solve it. :stickwack: I am alway beating myself up inside about my poor grammar, dropping out of med school, tactlessness, you name it! I wish I could either a)fix the problems or b) forgive myself and accept it and just be me. Is there a pill I can pop to fix this? Hehehe just kidding...but seriously, is there?....heheheh
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby CGal67 » November 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Charity wrote:
Yesterday my family went to the mall and like always (we live on a small rock in the middle of the ocean after all) I ran into tons of people.
We ran into old friends, old neighbors, co-workers, old classmates, old co-workers, you get it.

It occured to me after that trip to the mall how much loosing this weight meant to me and my self esteem. I use to alway cringe when i ran into someone because I was so fat and unhappy with myself. Now, I love running into people and saying hello! :shock: Do you know how much stress and anxiety had been romoved from my life by loosing this weight!?!?!!?

You know, I think that is so true! I seriously DISLIKE running into people because I know as soon as I walk away they are whispering amongst themselves about my weight gain. I swear I almost would not care as much if they were bold enough to say it to my face...

Anyway, I can't wait to experience the same things...congrats on your continued progress to goal.

C
Scale Junkies Association
Proud Member

Started MF: 11/25/2007
210/184/130ish
CGal67
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby jskm » November 19th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Charity wrote:I am still the queen of negative self talk however :roll: . I wish I new how to solve it. :stickwack: I am alway beating myself up inside about my poor grammar, dropping out of med school, tactlessness, you name it! I wish I could either a)fix the problems or b) forgive myself and accept it and just be me. Is there a pill I can pop to fix this? Hehehe just kidding...but seriously, is there?

I don't know. If you find this magic pill, will you please share it with me? I am always so ashamed of myself for being a stay at home mom now. I feel so useless to society. He really is my world, but I don't feel that's a valid role to put out there to others. I feel like I had such a promising career in the military and I was so proud of it and I was humiliated when they medically retired me for a *gasp* mental health condition. I am always mortified someone in my real life will find out what they kicked me out for, and that I am merely a stay at home mom now.
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm

Postby Charity » November 19th, 2007, 11:18 pm

jskm wrote:
I don't know. If you find this magic pill, will you please share it with me? I am always so ashamed of myself for being a stay at home mom now. I feel so useless to society. He really is my world, but I don't feel that's a valid role to put out there to others. I feel like I had such a promising career in the military and I was so proud of it and I was humiliated when they medically retired me for a *gasp* mental health condition. I am always mortified someone in my real life will find out what they kicked me out for, and that I am merely a stay at home mom now.

I love being a stay at home mom!!!! I do feel a little unsuccessful though. But hey, if I could afford to permanently be a stay at home mom forever I would totally do it. I am sorry about the military thing! Bad things happen to good people :|

At the very least, at least you can keep it a secret. I have run into ex-classmates at starbucks twice and that's always uncomfortable because they are now in their 3rd or 4th year of med school and I am jobless. After graduating nursing school, they will be my bosses. :roll: At least I will have time for a life and I will time to have kids and be with them. That was a huge factor in my decision to quit.

The two people I ran into were sweeties but wait until I run into the b#@$#es! That will be devistating.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby bikipatra » November 20th, 2007, 3:18 am

CGal67 wrote:
You know, I think that is so true! I seriously DISLIKE running into people because I know as soon as I walk away they are whispering amongst themselves about my weight gain. I swear I almost would not care as much if they were bold enough to say it to my face...

Anyway, I can't wait to experience the same things...congrats on your continued progress to goal.

C

I run into people all the time on my walks that I haven't seen in a year or two and I say "hello" and the way some of them say "hello" back makes me think they don't know it's me. Yesterday it happened and I was busy trying to hold my pants up but with the other hand I wanted to rip off my shades and say "Hey, its ME. The one you asked 'What happened to you????' when I got fat!" I don't know why I care...but I still remember how all those people reacted at seeing me at my fattest. While I was reallly porking up I was a hermit at home with my beer. So when I emerged from the cocoon I got a HUGE reaction to match my HUGE body.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby rodeomom » November 20th, 2007, 6:55 am

Charity, you are such a special person. You are a great MOM and a wonderful friend. I can tell all of that just by reading your journal and the responses to others here. I am so glad that you are coming out of your shell a little bit and sharing your success with others. Take it from someone who just experienced a wonderful weekend of NSV's -- getting out and showing off your new self is a great way to gain the "gumption" to stay focused on the program.

Thank you for your comments in my journal the past few days. I love to see when I have a message from you. Anytime you feel like you are slipping in the self esteem department you let me know and I will remind you just how special you are and how you are NOT a failure at all.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Charity » November 21st, 2007, 12:20 am

Thanks Bren :hug: Ya' know the funny thing is that one of the things that I beat myself up about inside is the fact that, in my opinion, I come off as concited and cocky to people. Is that weird or what? :nana: I'm just being a woman right? :lol:

I am having such a great MF week! The scale is being good. My bestest friend in the whole world is being good. The camera is being good ;) I just can't wait to see how my weigh in goes tomorrow morning.

The only bad thing going on is my laziness to journal my food :? for some reason I am having more fun this week reading everyone else's posts :mrgreen:

Well, off to read more posts!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Charity » November 21st, 2007, 2:58 pm

Alooooha,

well, I just did my weigh in 2 days early because of turkey day and I am now 150.2! Aw man! I was hoping to be in my 140s! SO CLOSE!!! Oh well, it is 2 days early!

So my total losses for this week is 2.4 :mrgreen: I love it!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 21st, 2007, 3:23 pm

CONGRATS, chickie!!! You SO know you would have been there and BEYOND had you not weighed 2 days earlier!! Ohhh I can FEEL the 140's for you! Just think that by next WI you'll be well into the 140's :)!!

Don't forget to update your ticker!
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Charity » November 22nd, 2007, 10:40 pm

Well, Turkey day is over and I didn't cheat :mrgreen:

I got my eye on the prize and the prize this week is being in the 140s!

It is finally occuring to me that reaching my goal is actually going to happen. As Steph mentioned before, we have tons of "before" shots we have taken for many attempted diets for the past decade resulting in only a bigger "after" :? . But holy smokes, I only have ~25 more lbs to loose until I reach goal!

:shock: It's really happening!!!! :shock: This is the year I get it done!!! Just in time for my baby! :mrgreen:

I am soooo thankful! Thank you all for your support!

:goteam:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby bikipatra » November 23rd, 2007, 4:11 am

You're welcome and I love your ticker! It reminds me of my charm bracelet.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby Charity » November 25th, 2007, 4:36 am

I am sitting here with insomnia reading journals and wondering ......

:scratchhead: Should I go to a plan with no lean and grean?

I didn't like WW because of the freedom and I love MF because of the simplicity and lack of choice so maybe I should make the move. It seems like the smart thing to do during the holidays. Of course there will be occations where I do have a lean and green but not usually.

What do you think? :scratch:

Well, off to read everyones inspirational journeys again until the sandman finally gets to me. :snooze:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby lifelovinaries » November 25th, 2007, 8:14 am

Just my two cents here, MIKE..please chime in if i am wrong. I believe studies have been done and show that there is not a significant weight loss difference between the 5-1 and the 6-0 plan. You also need to be monitored by your doctor (recommended) if you do the 6-0. So i say ENJOY YOUR L&G!!! I also believe that being forced to choose proper foods for the L&G helps us in the long run. It forces us to make healthier choices since we will all be maintaining sooner or later. If there are a couple of days during the week that you just don't feel like thinking about what to eat for an L&G, then do the 6-0, but no more than 2 days a week.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Out*With*The*Old » November 25th, 2007, 8:27 am

For many reasons I prefer and follow the full fast. I only have a L&G on special occasions - like thanksgiving, Christmas and hould I need to eat out at a business meeting, etc. Its the perfect plan for me.

I know its not for everyone but everyone has their own personal reasons for doing the plan they select - - I have mine and this is what works for me. I notice a consistent loss and enjoy the lack of 'thinking' that goes into it. It's a short journey and when the weight loss phase is behind me I will begin to eat real things again and learn to eat smaller, better, etc. Right now I prefer to focus on one thing at a time - but that's me. Again, I know lots of people can't do it but it works for me. I basically eat bars and shakes, lol.

I will say that you need to watch your carb intake if you are sensitive to carbs. Depending on what you have on the full fast you could throw yourself out of ketosis and not know it (speaking from experience here :-) )

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Out*With*The*Old

Postby Charity » November 29th, 2007, 1:00 pm

Well,
I did my weigh in today, a day early, because I am in CPR training all day tomorrow.

ehh..... :|

I gained .2 lbs and so last week I was 150.4 and this week I am 150.6

I lost one lb of fat and gained 1.2 lb of fat free mass so I am calling it a good week :mrgreen: But still, the numbers could have been better so my overall opinion is ehh... :|

By next week for sure I will be in the 140s :mrgreen:

I am going to the MF seminar at the hospital today and I can't wait to listen to what thehead honcho mainlanders have to say! I hope they get me pumped and maybe sharing my experience may get me pumped for the holidays too.

As far as NSV go this week...I realized after pulling them up for the hundreth time that last night was the last night I was wearing those sleeping shorts that i have had forever! Also, although everything else is still chubby, the legs are looking nice :mrgreen: I looked at photos and decided that if I don't loose another inch off my legs I will be perfectly content with that because they are just fine :mrgreen:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal