Charity

1 Thread per registered User.

Charity

Postby Charity » September 15th, 2007, 10:42 am

Aloha!

I am another Hawaii girl on Oahu who found this forum and I love it!
My name is Christy-Charity but of course the name Christy was used already and so my handle is Charity. Call me whatever!

I started Freshman year of HS at 110 and gained 10 lbs per year until I was 165. I stayed there for a while then I tried the Akins diet and jumped to 185. I ate all the fat but I would cheat and eat rice or other sugars and so poof 20 more pounds--it was the worst. I got back down to 160 for my wedding 2 years ago but of course was not happy with my wedding pictures (I am only 5'2"). Oh well, what's more important is who I married and his name is Michael. We have been together 9 years now.

We got pregnant about a month after getting married (we didn't waste any time!). Right before giving birth I was 211! Holy smokes! I got down to 195 naturally right after having Angelica (Geli' for short).

I had been dieting for all of my twenties and here I was 195 at 28 and I was never fit for all of my twenties. I didn't know what to do and decided that maybe the lapband surgery was my answer. I called every hospital on Oahu. No one would really consider me because I am not fat enough and have no other medical problems. Finally one hospital said, "Come on in to our info session and we will work with you". During the info session the Dietitian came up to speak for all of 5 mins. She said that people who don't qualify due to age or risk or whatever sometimes choose to do Medifast with her monitoring them for free after a minimal initial consult fee and that the hospital pays for her services as a gift to the community or something like that. Then she showed actual results of several of her patients that year and said they lost just as fast as post bypass patients.

:shock: HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!

That really got me excited! I can loose just as fast as a post bypass patient????? :shock: I got started right away and lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I called it MENTAL GASTRIC SURGERY. If you do it just mentally, then there is no surgery risks and healing time when trying to care for an infant. If I looked at it as surgery, then it made it more permantent in my mind, like something I couldn't cheat on.

What really excited me was when the dietitian ran my result she found that almost ALL of it was fat and not water. :yes: I love medifast.

My family went to the Mainland for several weeks on Vacation and I fell off the wagon. :huh: It has been several months now and I have gained back 9 or so lbs.

I just visited my bestest friend in the whole world :buddies: in Florida for 10 days and inspired her to start when I restart. I ordered her some food and shared my experience. Her name is Stephanie and she is on fire :weightlift: !!!! She is just the boost I needed to restart and be as excited and motivated about it as I was in late January. I am only about 45 lbs away from being hot!!!! I can do this. It's only 45lbs!!!! I can do this! Expecially with Steph and this forum's help :goteam: .

Thank you all for your time!!!!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » September 15th, 2007, 11:01 am

Welcome!! Congrats on your loss! :)
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Tawanda » September 15th, 2007, 11:57 am

Welcome !! :D Congratulations on the loss and on getting right back onto the program. Good for you for sharing your success and the knowledge of 'how-to' with your friend!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Sojourner » September 15th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Welcome back, Christy........uhm, Charity.......
or was it Christy-Charity??? :lol:

:shades: WB, CC!!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby katesmom » September 15th, 2007, 3:38 pm

Welcome ! :D
356/331/150
Started 7/24/10
Can't wait to WIN this race !!
katesmom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby BabyTrace » September 15th, 2007, 3:53 pm

Hi Charity! You and I have pretty similar stats. I'm only 5'2" too and I started at 190.6. Let's show 'em this plan works for short people too!

Sounds like you are restarting with a great attitude. Glad to have you along!

Tracy
Start Date: 07/11/2007

The essence of growth is a willingness to change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails.
BabyTrace
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Mahalo!

Postby Charity » September 15th, 2007, 4:34 pm

Thanks everyone! Wow, I love looking at all your Tickers, they are soooo imspirational! :)
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Signladytf » September 15th, 2007, 6:12 pm

Hello Charity,

What a wonderful handle! I hope that I can reward myself one day by going to Oahu! From what I can gather from TV shows (DOG the bounty hunter--yes, I'm a closet fan), it looks simply beautiful there....

I just had a baby in December (my gosh, he's almost 10 months old now!) and the day I went in the hospital I weighed 421. I had lost 4 pounds. The anesthesiologist almost fainted when he figured out how much he had to give me to make the c-section successful!

Don't look back upon those things except to remind yourself that you no longer will be in that place. Look straight ahead and plunge forward! Welcome!
Tammy
402/337/125
(-65!)
Restarted 8/27/2007

Signladytf

Go Christy Go! We can do this!

Postby oubelqasse » September 15th, 2007, 7:51 pm

To the bestest friend in the whole world!

Thanks for being such a wonderful friend! I dont know what I would do without you! There is no turning back now! We are going full speed ahead at over 100 MPH. If you fall off what will happen? Geli, Zach and Sarah will have fluffy mom's forever. There is no room for comprimise! We are going to do this together!

Miss Ya!
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Lizabette » September 15th, 2007, 8:17 pm

WELCOME, CHARITY,
I love your name and your great positive attitude.
You're gonna make it, and so will your bestest friend, OUBELGASSE.
Welcome to you, too! BTW, what does your name mean? Just curious...
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 15th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Welcome to the the forum Charity! It's great to have another island girl on board! I'm here in Aiea, 2 minutes up the hill from Pearlridge...

I know that you and your friend will definately rock this and reach your goals in no time!

Let's shake it! :coolnana:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Aloha!

Postby Charity » September 15th, 2007, 10:40 pm

hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:Welcome to the the forum Charity! It's great to have another island girl on board! I'm here in Aiea, 2 minutes up the hill from Pearlridge...

I know that you and your friend will definately rock this and reach your goals in no time!

Hiya!

Your success is so inspirational! You are soooo almost there. My husband gave me a look when Fiona showed up on the screen as the orge too :devious: ( we joke with eachother like that, he's a great guy don't get me wrong).

I live in Waialae/Kahala and Steph was a Kaimuki grad. As a kid, I moved to Las Vegas with the family so we could afford a home (like everyone else on the island, right?) but I did go to Farrington for 9 weeks during a phase in my parents' divorce. Surprisingly, I loved Farrington (but not as much as Valley High).

So, how are you handling the no rice part? I surprizingly don't miss it, except maybe when I eat adobo because adobo without rice just isn't right, ya?

You will definately reach your goal in no time, look at your ticker! If it was a larger icon it would be there already! :D
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Aloha

Postby Charity » September 15th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Lizabette wrote:WELCOME, CHARITY,
I love your name and your great positive attitude.
You're gonna make it, and so will your bestest friend, OUBELGASSE.
Welcome to you, too! BTW, what does your name mean? Just curious...

Oubelgasse and not christy-charity right? She and I have no idea. It's morrocan but her husband says it doen't mean anything in morrocan.

Hummmm..... :scratch:

Christy means "The chosen one" ...hehehe....I like to share that/remind people when I am being silly. :angel:
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby DonnaS » September 16th, 2007, 1:42 am

Welcome Christy! You found a great bunch of supportive people here. I was going to have lapband surgery also until I found Medifast. I'm so glad I did and I'm glad you did too! This is, by far, the best plan I have ever been on. Good luck!
THERE IS NO FAILURE EXCEPT IN NO LONGER TRYING - - ELBERT HUBBARD

SD 06/05/07
240/206.5/135
Restart 2/18/08
DonnaS

Re: Aloha!

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 16th, 2007, 1:26 pm

Charity wrote:
hulagirlfromhawaii wrote:Welcome to the the forum Charity! It's great to have another island girl on board! I'm here in Aiea, 2 minutes up the hill from Pearlridge...

Hiya!

Your success is so inspirational! You are soooo almost there. My husband gave me a look when Fiona showed up on the screen as the orge too :devious: ( we joke with eachother like that, he's a great guy don't
get me wrong).

I live in Waialae/Kahala and Steph was a Kaimuki grad. As a kid, I moved to Las Vegas with the family so we could afford a home (like everyone else on the island, right?) but I did go to Farrington for 9 weeks during a phase in my parents' divorce. Surprisingly, I loved Farrington (but not as much as Valley High).

So, how are you handling the no rice part? I surprizingly don't miss it, except maybe when I eat adobo because adobo without rice just isn't right, ya?

You will definately reach your goal in no time, look at your ticker! If it was a larger icon it would be there already! :D

Yup! I really didn't like being Fiona the ogre. Especially because I was tired of wearing muumuus, and loose fitting clothes all the time, you know how it is here! My Aunty told me, "don't start wearing mu'us because then you won't know how fat you're getting! "She was right!

Adobo really doesn't taste as good without the rice, but I'm getting used to it. Only once in a while do I really feeling like eating a bowl of rice or a spam musubi. But then I think, "do I want to turn into the ogre again? "I don't think so! :mrgreen:

My hubby is like yours!! We joke like that all the time! :mrgreen:

Sorry this post is so long! Hope you're having a great day!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Next

Return to My Journal