Charity

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby Charity » September 21st, 2007, 2:16 am

Aloha,

I haven't cheated on plan but I am skipping meals which is bad! :uhuh: I know that does the reverse of what one may think. I really need to read the books for motivation ,I believe, after reading one of hulagirls journals.

Question...I saw individually wrapped sugar free jelly belly beans at a candy store. Can I eat these? They are 2 or so cals a piece. And popcorn is a huge deal for me when going to the movies.

The first time I went on this diet, I cheated every time I went to the movies for sure. :popcorn: I love butter popcorn. I would have the soycrisps in my bag and a bar but once I smelled it all rules went out the window. :huh: Luckily I got right back on program post movie everytime.

I don't want to do that this time around. Any suggestions?

I can not wait to change my ticker :boing: . Everytime I see it I think, "Geez, I wanna take that a notch down!" It's huge motivation. I am 168 right now so it doesn't make sense yet but in a few more pounds I'll give in!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Last edited by Charity on September 21st, 2007, 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Restart date: 3/6/8 5'2"
Charity
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Charity » September 21st, 2007, 2:23 am

What's the BeSlim club????? :hatch:

Ahhh...plate lunch....good times...good times....

But ahh... :clap: size 6? Great times to come...right?
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby bikipatra » September 21st, 2007, 3:17 am

Charity wrote:Aloha,

I haven't cheated on plan but I am skipping meals which is bad! :uhuh: I know that does the reverse of what one may think. I really need to read the books for motivation ,I believe, after reading one of hulagirls journals.

!

In my experience skipping meals actually DOES make you lose more weight but the boomerang effect is that you start to become so hungry that you will be destined to eat off plan. Hunger will drive you to do it. They say 5-1 water for a reason.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby oubelqasse » September 21st, 2007, 10:41 am

Chrsity,

Just think, in a couple of months you will be at goal and you will be able to eat anything that you want, with limitations of course! Is butter popcorn worth waiting another 3 days to put you back into Kitosis? Butter is just Fat that is going to cause you to a pimple... do you want that? :roll:

Im only saying it for yoU! ;)
Stephanie Stats:
RE-COMMITTED on : 03/30/2009
Starting Weight: 239
Current Weight: 234
Total Weight Loss: 5 Lbs
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Hopebaby » September 21st, 2007, 8:41 pm

Hi Christy - welcome! What a great friend you are to not only tell Stephanie about MF but to get her started with her first month's food. You rock!

You are also doing a great job with your weightloss!

Linda
SD 8/10/07
205/175/130
Hopebaby
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MerryMary » September 21st, 2007, 9:06 pm

Charity wrote:Aloha,

The first time I went on this diet, I cheated every time I went to the movies for sure. :popcorn: I love butter popcorn. I would have the soycrisps in my bag and a bar but once I smelled it all rules went out the window. :huh: Luckily I got right back on program post movie everytime.

MF is a low calorie program but it's balanced and well configured. When you leave out a meal (Why skip it? It's only 100 calories!) you WON'T really lose weight faster ... Think about it. You would have to skip 1 meal every day for 38 days to lose a pound! However, what will happen if you skip meals is your body will canabolize itself looking for energy--you will lose muscle and reduce your metabolic rate. That will cause you to have frequent stalls or worse, slow down your weight loss! :D Follow the program and you will succeed. Good luck!
MARY
Started MF 11/6/06; reached goal 9/27/07.
MerryMary
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Charity » September 22nd, 2007, 1:25 am

MerryMary wrote:
MF is a low calorie program but it's balanced and well configured. When you leave out a meal (Why skip it? It's only 100 calories!) you WON'T really lose weight faster ... Think about it. You would have to skip 1 meal every day for 38 days to lose a pound! However, what will happen if you skip meals is your body will canabolize itself looking for energy--you will lose muscle and reduce your metabolic rate. That will cause you to have frequent stalls or worse, slow down your weight loss! :D Follow the program and you will succeed. Good luck!

Mary! Look at your ticker! You are amazing! :you: Did you follow plan perfectly? I wanna do what you did! I better check out your journal and take notes.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Charity » September 22nd, 2007, 1:38 am

I just got home from a wedding reception. I was really nervous about going. I told my hubby I was eating something lean and green and that's it!

I lucked out! It was one of those fancy table service deals with the little piece of meat on a mountain of something or other in an artsy fartsy display. It was lovely! I had a seared peice of tuna and a small salad without looking like I was dieting. I passed on the free coctails and wedding cake! :aarggh: The free coctail thing was hard to say no to because I was surrounded in a sea of pina coladas and I love me some pina coladas!!! I did take one tiny sip of champagne for the toast-- :oops: I would say half a teaspoon.

The reception was very lovely. There is a restaurant on top of the Ilikai in Waikiki called "Sorento's " and there was an endless ocean sunset view on 2 glass walls of the reception room. Also at 8pm every Friday night, the hotel lights fireworks that go off on the other side of the glass. :shock: WOW.....we pretended they were just for the wedding. ;)

If you are ever in Waikiki on a Friday night, make reservations at Serento's!!!!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Charity » September 22nd, 2007, 1:49 am

Hopebaby wrote:Hi Christy - welcome! What a great friend you are to not only tell Stephanie about MF but to get her started with her first month's food. You rock!

You are also doing a great job with your weightloss!

Linda

When she gets all the weight off I think I am going to cry with happiness!!! I am so excited! She hasn't been normal weight since 2nd grade! She is such a beautiful human being, she really deserve to be happy and healthy and I just can't wait!

Many moons ago I taught her the value of autonomy. Now,If I motivated her into a size 8, I think I may have to give myself a great big pat on the back! :angel: Of course, I need her help too to loose my weight! She's a great friend too.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » September 22nd, 2007, 11:55 am

Ah yes Sarentos is a lovely place. Congratulations on doing so well at the Wedding reception!

I know that the celebration part of our culture sometimes gets out of hand because us locals have a celebration for everything, and it isn't one without piles of ono food!!

You had a question about the Be Slim Club. It is designed for us so we can get our supplements at a discount. The longer we are on the program, the better the savings! I will PM you with the info. So Check your message box in a few hours! Hope you're enjoying our beautiful island weather today. It's gorgeous outstide!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Charity » September 23rd, 2007, 1:38 am

I was having a bad time today. I was having quite the pity party. :sadblue: First, I couldn't have cake and cocktails at last nights wedding and today, I couldn't have anything except a piece of chicken and some fresh veggies at a baptism/pool party. BUT THEN....

I came home and looked at the pics I took. :shock: My face looks slimmer!!!!!I actually liked the pictures! :yay: I have big big cheek issues so this is a good thing for me!

ah....I :heart: medifast.
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby bikipatra » September 23rd, 2007, 4:08 am

:-P
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby oubelqasse » September 23rd, 2007, 7:24 am

Your beautiful with our without those cheeks. No doubt about it. 7 lbs is a lot to lose in a week, I bet your clothes feel looser huh? Im so proud of you on how you were at the reception... A lot of temptation... Whenever you are in a hard situation....just keep thinking, do I want Steph to be thinner then me looking hot on the beach in Kahala?

:dance:

Of-course not!

You only have 3 months worth of Weight.. YOU CAN DO IT! I KNOW YOU CAN!
Stephanie Stats:
RE-COMMITTED on : 03/30/2009
Starting Weight: 239
Current Weight: 234
Total Weight Loss: 5 Lbs
oubelqasse
Preferred member

Postby Charity » September 24th, 2007, 12:30 am

oubelqasse wrote:Your beautiful with our without those cheeks. No doubt about it. 7 lbs is a lot to lose in a week, I bet your clothes feel looser huh? Im so proud of you on how you were at the reception... A lot of temptation... Whenever you are in a hard situation....just keep thinking, do I want Steph to be thinner then me looking hot on the beach in Kahala?

:dance:

Of-course not!

You only have 3 months worth of Weight.. YOU CAN DO IT! I KNOW YOU CAN!

Steph, look at your ticker! You go girl! Your running lady is running fast!
Lost 40# last year on MF
Charity

Postby Tawanda » September 24th, 2007, 9:25 am

Good for you on not tossing the program out the window when you were feeling sorry that you couldn't eat what you would have wanted at the reception and the baptism. You are making the healthy & right choices to get you where you wish to be and that is wonderful!
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

PreviousNext

Return to My Journal