Can we talk?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Can we talk?

Postby Ron » May 25th, 2005, 10:27 am

Just a question from a newbee: does it bother the ladies when a male (overly king-sized) loses a great deal of weight each week? Or more to the point, what if a man lost say 20 or so pounds in his first week? Just speaking hypothetically here. For now. We know it is almost exclusively water weight this close to start...but is it disheartening to those who are doing everything correctly and chart a 1 or 2 pound loss? I am being serious.
If I was doing everything correctly and had been on this for 4 or 5 weeks and some person charts that they lost more weight in one week than I had in a month...I don't know how I would take it.
Fess up: bother you or not?

Thanks.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » May 25th, 2005, 11:17 am

Hi Ron,

We LOVE to hear ALL the weight loss successes, especially the extraordinary. Many people (including myself) tend to compare their weight loss to others. We may hear it a hundred times, that everyone loses weight differently and we should not gauge our losses based on the losses of others.

But yeah......It does bug me, because I want to be one of those "super losers" where I wake up and I lose 5 pounds in a day... it isn't going to happen, but there is that wishful thinking, especially when you can see it accomplished by others.....

I am having a similar experience in my own household. My husband and I were pretty much at the same weight when we started. I started a month or so earlier than he did, and he cheats and I don't. He has bypassed me and that really irks me, but at the same time I am very happy for him for his accomplishments. It has kind of become a competition, which I already know I will lose because men lose faster than women. But then again, I'm still a winner because I am losing (just not as fast as him).

So I fessed up....it bothers me. But I live with it, and work my program, and move on!!!! :mrgreen:

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LilMsTexas » May 25th, 2005, 11:24 am

Ron,
Thank you for asking, but I have moved beyond it bothering me specifically about men. I get equally upset if someone else loses 20# in the first week or first month or whatever :shock: I'm pretty much an equal opportunity BOO HOOer :?

I'm just kidding ;) We pick on men about it and we joke about it and we are envious.........but the bottom line is that you are suffering right along with the rest of us. Any accomplishment that you have will be celebrated by us all. Do we ALL want to lose fast and furious? Of course we do! Do we ALL wish we could lose as fast as men often do? Of course we do! But are we all caring and supportive individuals who know the hardships and the struggles that we all endure (man or woman) of COURSE we are!!

So you just go right on ahead and TOOT your horn and we'll all be here applauding. We may grump and groan and mumble...but it will be in good fun. I will pick with you....and be upfront...and supportive. You will get to know me in time...so just be ready :D

Take care and happy losing!
Christi
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby dlr2424 » May 25th, 2005, 3:17 pm

Maura & Christi said it all........awesome responses..... :yeah: .....I myself find it kinda comical .. :roll: .......not really fair..... :scratch: ....but then again ....many things in life are not fair.........it is in how we deal with it ...our attitude....and we are in control of our own attitude... :yes: ......Our buddy Dean....another male member of this forum ....lost in one week .......what took me 5 weeks to lose..... :dunno: .........oh well that's life.....some woman also lose faster as well.......however the important thing is keeping our eye on the goal... :glasses: ...staying compliant..... :goldstar: ......choosing to be positive..... :D .....and eventually we all get to goal............. :bouncie: ........so my response would be I would be in awe whether male or female....and at the same time be happy as can be for them!!!!!!!!!!......So lose away........I have my pom poms ready.......... :cheerleader:
Donna....dlr2424
Last edited by dlr2424 on May 25th, 2005, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby fatBgone » May 25th, 2005, 3:42 pm

Ok, Ron....this is the deal!! If you want to tell us how much you lost - first you have to put a ticker on your signature!!! ;) Just kidding....hehe!!

But really, speaking for myself, I can't imagine even thinking of getting upset :x when someone else is losing more quickly than me....I'll just be happy for YOU! Now, I might cry myself to sleep for 3 nights straight, but no one here would ever know.... :-P (I hope you know I'm kidding again!!) :lol:

Anyway, seriously, I would love to hear how well you are doing!!! Please share!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby want2Bthin » May 25th, 2005, 3:53 pm

Ron-

You should be proud of whatever your loss may be. Everyone here will be supportive. We all know that men lose faster then women. Some women lose faster then other women. We are all different and our bodies will only do the best they can.

So you go right ahead and be proud of your success!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin

Postby krandle » May 25th, 2005, 4:35 pm

Any weight loss from anybody gives me motivation. I think i speak for everybody. I need to hear that it works. ANd that if you follow the program it will pay off. But i thought the more weight you needed to loss the more weight you would loss. I mean i will lose faster than someone who only needed to lose 10 pounds. I don't know i am guessing. But congratulations on whatever you lose is. :D
krandle
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Can we talk?

Postby DonicaB » May 25th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Ron wrote:Just a question from a newbee: does it bother the ladies when a male (overly king-sized) loses a great deal of weight each week?

The answer to your question, our newest male friend is YES. Of course, it bothers us. :mrgreen: BUT........we understand because it is a fact that men lose faster than women. WHY? I think it is just the way God made men. Will we be upset with you? NO. :nonono: I love hearing how much everyone loses, even if it is more than I did. As pretty much everyone has said, we are all struggling with the same foody problems and we love to celebrate the success of our MF family members. :goteam:

So, :coach: say it loud and say it proud when you get ready to post your loss and we will be right here to celebrate with you. :cheers:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Ron » May 27th, 2005, 1:49 am

Ok, Ladies...let's ALL be happy: down 22.2 pounds for week one. Personally, I am estatic!
Have a blessed week.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby ljm498 » May 27th, 2005, 3:07 am

WOW!!!!! What a fantastic first week you had! Congratulations! That's awesome!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LuzInIt » May 27th, 2005, 3:19 am

RON, RON, RON - I think it is a riot that you had to "test the waters" before you told us your big secret, you silly boy you!!! A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS. Are we envious? :? You betcha. Are we ecstatic right along with you? OH YEAH :D !!! Terrific first week. Those first weeks on Medifast are a blessing, I think - they give us a solid foundation to continue our losses upon, and to inspire us to keep with it. Ron, I started with nearly 180 to lose - so friend, I'll meet you at goal. ;)
Linda - Started MF 3/22/05

340/328/210/150
130 Pounds Gone For Good -
Thank you Medifast!
LuzInIt

Postby fatBgone » May 27th, 2005, 4:41 am

Ron,
Well, we've been waiting....and waiting....thanks for sharing your SUPERB SUCCESS!! :clapclap: What an excellent first week!!! At this speedy :redprowl: rate, you'll be at goal before you know it!!! Congratulations!!
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby fatBgone » May 27th, 2005, 4:48 am

Lynne,
I just noticed on your signature line that you & I are almost exactly at the same place....we started MF at about the same time, same starting weight, lost about the same amount and have a similar goal (except you'll end up skinnier than me....maybe I'll adjust mine when I get to 140)....just thought that was funny.....We could me MF twinsies.... :stroll:
Lisa
fatBgone

Postby DonicaB » May 27th, 2005, 6:53 am

:x :x That's it, Ron :x I am never speaking to you again. :x I can't believe you lost 22# the first week :x and it's taken me 7 to lose 25#. :x Boy, you have really made me mad. :x

:point: :point: JUST KIDDING!! :devious: :devious:

WEIGH TO GO! I know that has to feel good. I am very happy for you, Ron. :clap: You are doing great!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :yippee:

No need to be worried about posting your success. :couch: You don't have to hide behind the couch. Just come right out and say it!!!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » May 27th, 2005, 6:55 am

Ron,

I am truly ecstatic for you as well. (even though I'm shooting daggers at you thru internet space!) :mrgreen: (just kidding)

I too think it was funny that you tested the waters before fessing up that you did so awesome on your first week. Were you a bit afraid of all of us women!!! ???

Weigh to go, keep it up, and keep right on posting....we are all extremely happy for you. And of course jealous because there isn't a one of us out there that wouldn't wish that 20 pounds would fall off of us in a week as well.

Just AWESOME!!!!

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime

Next

Return to The Weight Room