Can we talk?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby 24KaratGold » May 27th, 2005, 7:25 am

Alright. Where is he? Where is that MAN who lost MORE THAN TWENTY POUNDS in a week?? When I find him . . . : :shoot: :lightsword:

Grr.... :x

Nah. ;) That is awesome news, Ron, and I'll say what everyone else has said -- we might tease you a bit goodnaturedly, but we're all thrilled. Just ask Dean; we lost something like 35 pounds in 7 weeks to get to his goal, and we still love him.

What's that? Where IS Dean these days. Oh, um... well . . . um... AT A WEDDING! Yeah, that's it! We didn't shoot him or anything, he's just . . . gone away . . . for awhile. . .

:hug:
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Lost 22 lbs

Postby Jan » May 27th, 2005, 10:26 am

Hi Ron,
Does it bother me that you lost so SO much weight in one week?? NO
I think it is really GREAT. It just goes to reinforce that this program really works if we stick to it. You are great motivation to really stay on program and your weight loss should encourage us all :D :idea:
Jan
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » May 27th, 2005, 12:36 pm

Ron................22.2 lbs....... :shock: .....WOW...............that is AWESOME........ :yay: :yay: :yay: ..........and does it bother me...... :?: ....NO............Am I happy for you... :?: ....ESTATIC........do I wish it were me.. :?: .......YES...........it took my 1/2 working metabolisim 9 weeks to shed 22.2 lbs..... :roll: ......the important thing here is.........it still shed it................. :yay: .........keep up the great work
donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby ljm498 » May 27th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Lisa, you know, if we're gonna be twins then we need to lose the same every week. What I propose here is, if it looks like you will lose more than me that week, you must tell me so my body can make an automatic adjustment so I can catch up. And vice versa! That way we stay the same and make really great progress. See, I've got it all worked out! :lol: If only. :D
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498

Postby Ron » May 27th, 2005, 12:56 pm

Thank you all, so much, for your warm response to my 1st weigh-in. Even I was surprised by how much I had lost since starting this last Friday. 7 days. 22.2 pounds. Based solely upon my starting size and historic results I have read from others in the same ball park, I was hoping (still am) to average about 4.5 pounds a week for the 1st FOUR months. 22.2 pounds in week one goes a LONG way toward making that 4.5 pound a week average a reality.

I know most of you are old hands (figuratively speaking, Ladies) at this Medifast stuff...but for the new people: I assure you I drank (or ate) each of the supplements I was supposed to. Over the week I also finished off 3 jars of Vlassic pickle spears (Tobasco flavored being my new favorite), drank more water than my fish tank holds, and never did without. Matter of fact, I had one of the Fast Tomato soup's each day as an extra snack on top of the 6 Medifast meals I ate (or drank). I never missed a meal and seldom was hungry.

Starting Monday I will go on the 5/1 program...but because WEEKENDS are my downfall on every eating program I have ever been on, I will do Medifast only (all 6 meals) on Saturdays and Sundays and do 5/1 Monday thru Friday. Seems logical today. Ask me in four months.
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired!
Ron
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby beautifulb » May 28th, 2005, 3:06 pm

Of course I would love to lose 22 pounds in the first week but we each lose what we lose. I am truly happy for you Ron and I hope this huge loss will give you the confidence that you will need in your weight loss journey. :cleader:

Tena
Beatena
beautifulb

One day at a time...nothing worthwhile comes easy!
RE-started Medifast 3/3/08
296/275.6/145
beautifulb
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Ron » June 3rd, 2005, 12:08 pm

Weigh-in was today for week 2. Down another 8 pounds. I like this diet. 2 weeks and down 30.2 pounds. Amen.
Ron

Postby 24KaratGold » June 3rd, 2005, 12:13 pm

Ron, if we didn't love ya so much, we'd hate ya. ;)

Congratulations on joining the 30 pound club so quickly!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold

Postby Emma » June 3rd, 2005, 12:32 pm

Ron - that's FANTABULOUS!! Isn't MF the best!!

Great job - keep us posted.
emma :D
Started MF: 5/18/05
5'10"

Emma
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Susan.in.GA » June 3rd, 2005, 12:51 pm

Oh how interesting....I posted my slow loser post before even reading this one! First off - I am ALL for recognizing super achievement in any form - you get a huge way to go!

I posted my slow loser post more because I want to know if I'm doing anything wrong and what I might be able to do to become one of those super losers! So does it bother me - no. Just makes me want to emulate success even more. How to achieve it - not quite sure yet.
Susan
Susan.in.GA

Postby martha » June 4th, 2005, 9:16 pm

RON-----WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30# already..., gosh and you ate 3 jars of pickles too. I am beginning to appreciate pickles..I am sooo proud of you and can't wait to follow you on your journey each week.. soooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! I am in awe :lol: :lol: and a little jealous.. :roll: :roll: good idea about the 5 & 1 on the weekends.. it makes sense to me.. weekends are really hard for me too. might just give that a try.. Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » June 5th, 2005, 4:35 am

Hey Ron........that's awesome! Now go to the ROLL CALL forum and post your losses there so everyone will be sure to see them and join in on your celebration. We each post our losses every Sunday morning as the offical weigh-in day. Some people weigh on different days but we all post there so we can cheer each other on. Don't want you to miss out on the fun hon ;)
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Ron » June 10th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Whispers even lower.
Week 3 loss: eight point four pounds. 21 day total: 38.6 pounds.

Other than a major itching (allergy to something in the product) for which my Doc has given me a script, I have had no problems with this way of eating at all. I CAN do this.
(And I know to post my loss Sunday to Sunday as well...Friday just is my LD anniversary.)
Have a blessed week!
Ron

Postby Nancy » June 10th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Ron ~

YOU LOSER!!!!

I would NOT be whispering this awesome loss, if I were you!

Wow-sa!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:scratch: Hey, remember the lady yesterday who said she is a skeptic? :muahaha:

What's with that? :secret: Maybe we ought redirect her to you...
:yes: :yay: :roflmao: :cheerleader: :ukulele: :clap: :pigsfly: :yes: :yay: :roflmao: :cheerleader: :ukulele: :clap:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby fedup » June 10th, 2005, 7:08 pm

Am I hearing this right? 22 pounds, 8 pounds, 8 pounds,.... all in the first 3 weeks! Way to go!!!! Yeah, I wish us women could shed it as quickly, but never worry that we wouldn't celebrate your victory! (that was so funny! You asking first before dropping your big news :) ) We all love to hear about each others ups and downs, and such gREAT news as that helps us all to keep going!

Great work!
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Weight Room