Talk me out of quitting...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 23rd, 2006, 2:33 pm

Going by ascicles math, you're losing nearly a 1/2 pound a day! I LIKE those numbers!

I also picked up on the wording that you're hungry and I also wish you'd post your schedule, water intake, medications and such because you shouldn't be hungry at this point of the program! Adding a shake did help me when I hit my plateau, but I don't know if you're in one or not!

I KNOW this program seems like a lot of money, but when I did the math, for me it was about the same as my lunch out and my convenience store (junk) items.

I know everybody loses weight at different speeds, that's why I'm not worried about "only" a 1.6lb loss this week. As it averages out, I'm doing above average on the plan, as are you. I just hate it when the scale slows down, so I totally know what you're saying there!

I know there is nothing I can say to change your mind and you've gotten a lot of great advice! I know we all want this weight gone NOW and I'm more impatient than most to get healthy!

I understand all of this, but I'm comforted by the fact that I am doing it the right way, I'm learning healthy portions and that I should eat more often and drink way more water...It's coming off surely and I feel a lot better! I know this weight didn't come on overnight, so I have no idea why I expect it to come off overnight, so I am working on my feelings about this. All I know is I'm doing the right thing and I'm getting healthier!

I wish you luck whatever you decide! I really enjoy talking to you on the forums and hope you don't leave, but it's your choice!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheila » May 24th, 2006, 1:09 am

Lulie,
Hi. Yes you have receieved some great advice here! I have had the same feelings as you from time to time. Sometimes, it seemed like I was on an emotional roller coaster! But Im still here. Good days or bad ones. I figured up my weight loss average. It has been about 3.3 lbs per week. Of course some weeks I lost alot, and some weeks not a lb! But the weeks that I am not losing lbs, I truly beleive I am losing inches. I know it can be disappointing tho when that darn scale wont budge. But it will. Just keep telling yourself that, and most importantly......DONT QUIT!!!!
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby ktrout » May 24th, 2006, 4:14 am

I hope that you stick with it. From a financial side I find that I'm spending less per day than If I were eating lunch out every day and stopping at the bakery on the way to work in the morning. My wife does the shopping, I'm not allowed to, but she tells me that she spends about $100 less a month with not buying snacks for the household. MF has the side benifit of having the family eat less junk food overall. I'm not sure that my kids are real happy wiht that but while neither one of the kids has a weight problem, less junk food certainly won't hurt them.

I've been kinda stuck for a couple weeks but while the scale hasn't moved. I've continued to lose inches.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Lulie » May 24th, 2006, 8:11 pm

You are all so very sweet. What would I do without this board? I have decided to stick it out a few more weeks and see what happens. My hubby came home today and told me he had been laid off. I wondered if that was a sign or what. He is supposed to call someone he knows who may be hiring. Pray for us.

The crazy thing was, I had already decided to keep trying a little longer. Then he comes home with the news. :x I just hope I can with his layoff. Plus I had 1 kitty vomiting today, another started this evening. I have another I am watching. I am scared I am going to have to take them to the vet. My hubby would kill me for sure! I just don't know what to do.

I can't thank all of you enough for taking your time to post for me. That really touches me. After I posted, I got to thinking about what I may be doing wrong. I have been skipping some supplements because I can't always seem to get them in every day. I plan to order the RTD's next time if I can, to help with this problem. I also am not getting enough sleep. I heard on the radio today that they did a study of women and sleeping habits/weight. They found that women who got less than 7hrs a night, weighed more than women who did, even though they ate less! I found this very interesting. I am going to try to get more sleep, and get in all my supplements.

I usually have lean beef or chicken for my L&G with a salad or brocolli or cauliflower(sp?). I measure everything out.

I usually have oatmeal for breakfast, then 1 or 2 shakes a day, a soup, and maybe a bar. I try not to have a bar every day though. I also have been eating the soy crips from Medifast. I am wondering if those could be the problem. That is usually my snack for the day. I try to spread a bag out though and eat off it all day. On days I don't have the soy crisps I have 1 pickle spear. I have eaten 2 spears on days I just was feeling hungry.

I hate to sound so whiney. But I really appreciate the advice and support.

Thanks again.
Start 4/11/06
225/164

If God is leading, I am following.

"I ate myself into this mess, now I gotta starve my way out!"
Lulie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Dayna » May 24th, 2006, 11:26 pm

Lulie wrote:I have been skipping some supplements because I can't always seem to get them in every day. . . I also am not getting enough sleep.

Yep, you identified to biggies right there. It is vital that we get all our supplements in, or we run the risk of sending our bodies into starvation mode. No matter what (even if you have to space them closer together some evenings), get all 6 meals in every day! That should also make a big difference in your feelings of hunger.

As far as sleep goes, I've noticed that it has a huge impact on my weightloss. On nights when I get around 6 hours of sleep, I tend to lose very little, if any. On nights when I can get a solid 8 hours in (I know, it's hard for us busy adults!), my loss tends to be bigger. This has been a pretty darn consistent pattern, not just a flukey now-and-again thing.

Good for you for making the decision to stay the course, despite the hurdles life is throwing at you. But just think of the long term savings your weightloss offers: fewer doctors visits, fewer medications, cheaper clothes because they're not plus size . . . Truly, in the long run, this program is a bargain!

Keep us posted on how you're feeling.

- Dayna
Someone once wrote:I'm allergic to cake. I break out in fat when I eat it.

8/05 - 275
SD - 1/17/06 - 259

Dayna
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » May 25th, 2006, 9:52 am

Sleep is definitely a problem. I've had early-morning appointments all this week, so I haven't slept more than five hours or so a night. My weight loss stopped cold (thank goodness today is the last day of this for a while).

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's job. Seems to be going around lately, at least on these boards! I hope he finds something soon, along with Terri's husband.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DntCryLilEmoGrl » May 25th, 2006, 11:56 am

hmm i have a lot of trouble falling asleep... i guess i need to try and get to bed sooner huh? lol i get 5-6 hours a night
"Soon to be mrs sexy pants"
lilemo's getting married on April 6th 2008!!!!!

started changing my life 5/15/06
restarted 10/01/07
DntCryLilEmoGrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 26th, 2006, 12:00 am

Lulie,
Sorry about your husband's job. I hope this door closing means a bigger/better door will fly open for him!

I also hope your kitties feel better!

I'm glad you're sticking with it! I enjoy reading your posts on the forum.

You and your family are in my thoughts!

DeDe
dede4wd

Postby lifelovinaries » May 26th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Yup! What everyone else said. When a 1lb a week weight loss discourages you just think...You are one pound closer to goal and were you losing 1lb a week pre-MF? I can only guess not! Either way, you are already 20lbs down, you can't leave us now!!! Start getting in all of your supplements and stop the soy crisps for a while, see if that helps. Just hang on! Prayers are going up for you and your husband!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Previous

Return to Weight Loss