My birthday is coming up...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

My birthday is coming up...

Postby CBBUTLER2 » April 4th, 2006, 6:52 am

and this year my husband wants to get me a cake. See every year we are always at baseball game (my sons play) and we do not do anything for my birthday. He wants to go out for Japanese and then have brusters cake(my favorite)
It is a couple of weeks away April 20th and this is only my second day.
CBBUTLER2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » April 4th, 2006, 6:59 am

Hi CB!!! Well, cake will always be there next year, when you're on maintanence. My advice is to sit hubby down and let him know how important this plan is to you. Tell him the best birthday present he could give you is support and help you celebrate by encrouaging your in your weight loss efforts.

It's not always easy to make right choices, but it's even more difficult to live with bad choices!

Make the right choice....FOR YOU! Be good to yourself and give yourself the best gift...the gift of good health for your birthday!!!

Keep us posted :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby falisamarie » April 4th, 2006, 7:06 am

I have a birthday too and I agree with Joyce it will be there next year and talking to your hubby and explaining to him how important this is to you should help. I am planning on making myself a MF muffin for my b-day and putting a candle in it. I am making a cake for the rest of the family but that is just me and the only reason they get cake is because I have resolved in myself that it is the muffin for me and nothing more!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Lauren » April 4th, 2006, 7:06 am

CB, it's great that your hubby wants to celebrate for you, but that cake is no celebration! Tell him to stick a candle in your MF bar and sing Happy BIrthday, and call it a day! :-)

Seriously, don't even consider the cake. While of course you can choose to eat it, I think you're asking for trouble. A birthday celebration is really not about the cake or ice cream. It's about the excitement of a (hopefully) great year passed, and an even better year coming. You WILL have a better year, and a happier, healthier, more joyful one, IF you take care of yourself now. And that means making choices that are going to get you to goal.

People - we need to shake up our thought processes. It's not about the food. Each day, every holiday, vacation, celebration - it's about the people. Not the food. Celebrate yourselves. Celebrate your family and friends. Celebrate life. It's not the food. Just because it's been there in the past, does NOT mean it has to be there for your future.

Almost happy birthday to you, I hope the year brings you great happiness and success!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Lauren » April 4th, 2006, 7:09 am

Almost Happy Birthday to you, too, Lisa!

You have been so wonderful and supportive here, I am sure the birthday wishes are going to be rolling on in!

Lauren
Lauren

Postby Pashta » April 4th, 2006, 8:15 am

Lauren wrote:People - we need to shake up our thought processes. It's not about the food. Each day, every holiday, vacation, celebration - it's about the people. Not the food. Celebrate yourselves. Celebrate your family and friends. Celebrate life. It's not the food. Just because it's been there in the past, does NOT mean it has to be there for your future.

That is a wonderful, wonderful thing you have said there. It is SO true. We should *not* associate holidays and celebrations with food, but with the people we care about and love. :)
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tiolazz » April 4th, 2006, 8:25 am

My birthday is in May, and I asked my husband to please not do any out to eat, party, cake or anything....

I told him that my May, I will need new clothes... WHEEEEEEE

just to give me a gift card or cash, (think the cash might be better cause hopefully by then I am in regular clothes and no more Lane Bryant)
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DogMa » April 4th, 2006, 10:39 am

I'm with everyone else. That cake's not going anywhere, and your extra pounds ARE. He can still take you to a nice dinner, at a place where you can enjoy a special lean and green meal.

Or even better, maybe he could take you somewhere that's NOT food-related. A show or something.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby bzlife1967 » April 4th, 2006, 11:36 am

I too am a sufferer of baseball mom bleacher butt!! I feel for ya!

I agree with everyone else, don't do the cake. Have him take you to a show of some kind, An event, concert whatever but not a cake or have him get you a gift certificate to a store that you haven't been able to shop in "YET" cuz the sizes are too small... cuz we all know without that cake your gonna get there!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby CBBUTLER2 » April 4th, 2006, 11:41 am

I knew I could count on all of you to talk sense in me..LOL
CBBUTLER2

Postby LovenElvis » April 4th, 2006, 5:50 pm

My b-day is April 15th (30th) however, I told my kids and hubby that I'm going to try and make that "legal brownie recipe" that I found on the Lean Cusine!

I told my hubby that if he wanted to get me anything that I would love a case of the RTDs :)
LovenElvis
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 4th, 2006, 6:12 pm

I agree with everyone above me, especially Lauren.

I found that when I was planning rewards for my mini goals, I had to cross off SIX of them that were food. I have to quit using food as a reward. Now, pedicures...that's different! Tell your hubby to make you the legal brownies like Laura and stick a candle in them! Cake will be there for maintenance (in moderation) should you choose to have it, right now concentrate on YOU and YOUR HEALTH! We can beat this thing...

DeDe

We're winning, can't you tell!

P.S. My birthday's not 'til October...I'll be in maintenance....hmmmm! Ooops, did I just type that?
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby CBBUTLER2 » April 5th, 2006, 7:26 am

brownie one sounds so good. It is my 30th also..
CBBUTLER2

Postby Lizabette » April 5th, 2006, 7:45 am

My, what words of wisdom coming from you all! You early bird girls get to say all the good stuff. :puter:

Happy Birthday to all you 'birthday girls and guys'. :birthday:
Best birthday gift for each of us is a gift of good health and, of course, a slim, trim body!

We're gonna have it, too!

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Martin » April 5th, 2006, 11:00 am

The best gif your family can give you is their full support in your journey to reclaim your health and life. Nicely tell you family that there will be plenty of time for cake once you have met your goals but for now it simply does not a have a place in a celebration of your life.
Martin
Certified Health Advisor - #80 Club

Next

Return to Come on in.