I'm coming out...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I'm coming out...

Postby I'm a loser » August 31st, 2005, 3:33 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have been lurking around for a while and decided it's time to come on out! I have been on MF since 7/12/05 and have lost 28 pounds! I started MF because me & my hubby are trying desperately to have a baby and the DR. will not put me on fertility meds until I get below 200lbs! I have 30 more to go before I get there. I have never wanted anything more and have never faced this type of struggle before-but this board has helped me quite a bit and I thought it was time to thank everyone here, tell me story and properly introduce myself. So Thank you to all of you here who have comforted me without even knowing it-and thank you for giving me a place where I feel understood. I am happy to be part of such a wonderful group! Thank You! :D
I'm a loser
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby mama of 2 » August 31st, 2005, 8:15 pm

Hi I'm a loser
Im a newbie to.
Sounds like your doing real good. The Dr. will be telling you yes in know time. :yes:
I agree with you . Everyone here understands.
There really nice & friendly.
Keep up the good work.

Have a great night.
Hope to here more from you.
We can do it.
mama of 2
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby mytime » August 31st, 2005, 8:20 pm

I'm a loser - WELCOME !!! Lost weight twice to have both of our kids - best motivation in the world - I have two ovulation kit+ one WW baby and one Atkins baby and soon they are going to have one hot MF MaMa :D This is the best program in the world, by far the easiest and frankly the nicest most supportive people around. YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! Stick with it and great job- by your next post you will be in the 30 pound club and then before you know it back to wt loss post partum. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!! Mytime
Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Restart Feb 15 2009
mytime
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mommy2girls » August 31st, 2005, 9:16 pm

Welcome! 28 is GREAT!!! :boing:

I wish you the best on your journey! Having kids was and is the best thing we (DH and I) have ever decided to do. You'll be at your goal in no time flat and maybe won't even need meds!

Looking forward to following your progress!
Sheila

Maintaining a –45lb loss....

Mommy2girls
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » August 31st, 2005, 11:27 pm

Hello, I'm a loser ~

You are sure doing great - very close to slipping in the door of the 30 Pound Club - hooray for you!

If you've been reading the Forum, then you know that estrogen is stored in our fat and as we lose weight, the estrogen is released into the blood stream. This may increase your fertility... :mrgreen:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thank you!

Postby I'm a loser » September 1st, 2005, 9:56 am

Thank you for your kindness and support-these days I could use all the help I could get. I will certainly keep you posted. Thank you again!
:bighug:

Ivy
35 Years Old, 5'4"
Start Date: 7/12/05
261/219/199- First Goal
I'm a loser

Postby dlr2424 » September 16th, 2005, 11:07 am

Im a Loser..........welcome.....and congratulations on your weight loss...... :hmmm: .....once you reach your goal you may be pleasantly surprised that you may not need those meds..... :huh: .....amazing what a healthy properly nutritioned body could do..... :scratch: ....however if you do need the meds at least you'll be at a better weight for pregnancy....... :yes: ....much success to you and I look forward to cheering you on to goal

Donna....dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Thank you!

Postby I'm a loser » September 19th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Thank you Donna & Everyone for your support. I am now officially down 35 pounds. Only 27 more to go till I can get on the meds. This past week has been pretty tough- only 1/2 pound lost! I understand the platau's (sp?) but each day is another day I am getting older and still not able to conceive. :cry: Oh well, tomorrow is a new day and I will keep shaking....I will keep you all posted. Thank you again!
You guys rule!
Ivy

Ivy
35 Years Old, 5'4"
261/219/199- First Goal
I'm a loser

Postby Nancy » September 19th, 2005, 11:20 pm

Dear I'm a loser ~

I think you are a winning loser, I'ma! You have entered the 30 Pound Club, and are more than half-way to your goal weight. That is great!

While you may feel that each day makes you one day older, just remember, each passing day also gets you closer to your weight goal.

You are learning the art of long suffering right now - it is not pleasant while you are in the learning process but just think about how strong you will be and how much you will be able to help others once you complete the course.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby ljm498 » September 20th, 2005, 3:27 am

I'm a Loser, WELCOME!! Sounds like you are doing just great. We went through the same thing trying to conceive. Once I got down to a healthier weight we were successful but no matter what we did until then made a difference. It really was the weight that was the problem. Hopefully this will also be true in your case as well. I do know that what you're going through is so very tough. :hug: Hang in there and I pray there is a little bundle just waiting for you and your husband right around the corner!

Keep up the great work!
Lynne

Me 34
DH 41
DS 1
Dcats Pookie & Poto

Started 3/28/05
Starting Weight 214.5
Current Weight 125
Goal Weight 115-120
Total Lost 89.5 lbs!!! Wahoo!!!
ljm498
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby martha » September 20th, 2005, 10:09 pm

WELCOME I'M A LOSER!!!!

You are doing great so far.. CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss and your decision to change your way of life.. The plateau's are a bummer but you should be losing inches and before you realize it the weight will start coming off again.. hang in there and you will be at your goal..Have a blessed week..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Thank you!

Postby I'm a loser » September 27th, 2005, 11:25 pm

Hello Martha and Lynne,
Thank you for your warm welcome. I can't believe how much the extra weight has done to mess up my insides! Things you don't think about while your eating Fettucini Alfredo and cheesecake! I keep hearing how much of a difference the weight loss will make so I am hopeful. Lynne- I am so happy losing the weight made the difference for you- that is very encouraging news for me! The scale also started to move again so the past few days have been happier! :D
I appreciate your support and well wishes and will continue to keep you posted. Thank you again.

Ivy
35 Years Old, 5'4"
261/219/199- First Goal
I'm a loser

Postby Nancy » September 27th, 2005, 11:45 pm

I'm a ~

Isn't it cool when the needle on the scale starts sliding downward again? I am so pleased about your weight loss!

When I reached the 30 - 35 pound weight loss point, I felt so happy inside because I began to realize that the program worked not just for others, but for ME. For ME! Now you are experiencing that same sense of hopefulness that others feel, too! Yeah!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby BumbleBee » September 28th, 2005, 9:59 am

Hello sweetie,

I was reading your post and was almost moved to tears. Sweetie you are not a looser. You are the furthest from being that. You are doing GREAT and you are on your way to being a GREAT MOM. Hang in there, and most of all keep your head up. Believe me I totally know what you are going through. I have struggled with Infertility for almost 10 years now. I have gone through many surgeries and thousands of dollars of IF drugs and nothing has happened. This was pre MF days. No one told me to loose weight first. I began the MF because I didn't want to be on Glucophage for PCOS (PolyCysticOvariesSyndrome) I hated the way that stuff made me feel. I saw that the MF would help with my gluscose levels and hopefully I wouldnt need it. The doctors are conviced that without the use of Glucophage I would not be able to have a child but I am going to prove them wrong. I still have a little ways to go yet maybe 25 or 30 pounds and once I reach that goal I'm going to walk into that Dr office and try again. Don't be discouraged. You are doing great. And soon you will be telling us that you are PREGGERS!! P.S. So you may want to change your name to "Momtobe" ;) Be encouraged and keep up the good work :-P
BumbleBee

Postby Nancy » September 28th, 2005, 10:28 am

BumbleBee ~

What a perfectly kind thing to say to I'm a! Thank you very much!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Next

Return to Come on in.