Coming to terms with myself

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Coming to terms with myself

Postby LilMsTexas » April 26th, 2005, 9:18 am

Friends I wrote this letter to myself today on a tablet at work. It is a personal letter to myself that I would like to post here so I can refer to it whenever I need to get in touch with what I'm doing. Perhaps some of you will feel your own letter being written in your heart today. I encourage you to write your own letter and feel the freedom of the truths we need to hear.

Dear Me,
I am proud of you today. Finally we are on track together--out heart and our mind. For so many years our mind knew we needed to lose weight. Our heart WANTED us to lose weight...but we could never get it together. Now here we are...7 weeks later and 21lbs lighter--FOREVER!
Let us not get lazy now--we still have 30lbs to go! But today I know we WILL make it!
150lbs is NOT my ideal weight!
140 will be awesome :D but not quite there.
135 is my happy place :yippee: for Heart, mind, body and soul!

When Mom and Dad come this summer it will not be our excuse to cheat! I will buy some RTD to have on our trips. It will be tough, but the reward--soooo much better! We can do anything for 7 days. We will not stuff my face with fatty foods for 7 days--for what? So my family can see me eat? They have seen me eat for 35 years! Would I cheat myself because it won't be convenient on our trips? Or will I plan ahead and feel good about myself!! I will set an example for my mother who is also a diabetic. I will prove to her that life is about FUN-LOVE-LAUGHTER-AND FAMILY--NOT FOOD!!
I am a woman belonging to a long line of extrordinary women. I am a woman from a long line of DIABETIC women. I am the youngest to be diagnosed and the ONLY one not on insulin. I am a woman with 2 sons that I want to be a grandmother for! I am a woman with years of good health and happiness ahead.

I will be in control of my diabetes.
I will be in control of my body.
I am no longer a slave to food.
I can have a LOT of fun withOUT eating!
I will learn to eat healthy.

I can have SMALL portions of ooey-gooey-rich-and chewy foods from time to time and STILL maintain my ideal weight...but NOT until I am on maintenance. That day IS coming!
I know there will be weight changes. I am not naive. But I will watch my body faithfully and lose any weight more than 5lbs from my goal. If I never go over 5lbs I can lose that with no pain and suffering. That is a GOOD plan. I HAVE a plan!
I am proud of me today. I am strong and healthier and THINNER today. There is no event during this journey that requires me to cheat and break my spirit. I am a winner for trying! I will not let me down. I am very proud of me today. Let my mind and my heart remain faithful to my body! The journey has just begun.
Love,
ME
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 26th, 2005, 9:54 am

I love the letter Christie. You are an excellent writer. ( I have always struggled with my writing skills. )

I think I will try to write myself a letter. It would be an excellent tool to use when I am feeling down or just needing to remind myself of what I am doing and why I am doing it.

You are gonna be so happy with yourself when you get to your goal weight and you are going to get there. I can't wait to see you lookin all skinny.

The journey will not be an easy one, but it can be done. Margaret Thatcher once said, "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." Well you know what..........this is going to be the last time you and I (and everyone else on this board) will ever fight this battle! :fence: Because this time we are going to win it and will crush the FAT enemy.

Thanks for sharing your letter.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby Dean0408 » April 26th, 2005, 10:02 am

That was an EXCELLENT committment letter you wrote to yourself there Christi. I liked it a lot.

It was sincere, well thought out.........and most of all ACHIEVEABLE! In a sense, it was a business plan. As you may know, businesses tend to fail without a plan..........just as people do.

You have set a very sensible plan for yourself.......follow it and you CANNOT FAIL!!

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby want2Bthin » April 26th, 2005, 11:13 am

Christi-

What a wonderful letter. I am not very good at expressing my emotions. I am working on that. I have always kept things inside but you all on this forum motivate me to try to share more. I am going to try to write a letter to myself as well.

I have felt so "ugly" for so long that I have let my social skills fall to the wayside. I am also working on that. With every passing day I feel prettier.

You are very inspiring. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Angelia :-P
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » April 26th, 2005, 12:46 pm

Yes-- what a terrific letter, and a great example for all of us. Dean's right-- when we identify and understand what we want out of a project with particularity, it makes it that much easier to achieve a goal. I think you're doing a mahvelous job of setting yourself up for great success! Thanks for posting and sharing your innermost convictions and dreams with us... it means so much that you let us watch and follow and try to duplicate your strategies!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby doglover » April 26th, 2005, 1:30 pm

Hey Christi! I am so proud of you for this conviction. Remember this always and refer back to it if you feel your resolve weakening (like during PMS :x )!

Thanks for being an excellent example. I try really hard to journal but don't keep up with it. This is a great idea to start an ongoing conversation with myself on thoughts and feelings.

Thanks again girl! :hug:
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 26th, 2005, 1:50 pm

want2Bthin wrote:I have felt so "ugly" for so long that I have let my social skills fall to the wayside.

Angelia, when I read this my heart sank to the floor. :heart: I never realized that I had also stopped socializing with others because I felt ugly. Not so much ugly in looks but just ugly all over. I think being overweight makes us feel that somehow we are less of a person. Why is that? :huh:

I used to want to tell everyone I met "I haven't always been fat. I used to be thin. This isn't the real me." But after a while I thought who am I foolin'.......I am fat now, and this is me.

I want sooooo badly to feel beautiful again. Not just in my face, but in my body and in my heart. I thank God everyday for this forum. I have learned so much about myself by reading from others.

Oh and Angelia, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! :hug:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » April 26th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Donica-

Thank you so much. You made my day.

Angelia :D
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room