Ate off plan

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Ate off plan

Postby BoPeep1 » May 6th, 2006, 3:08 pm

I had some Chinese tonight - only a spoonful of stuff, but it was still off plan. I don't consider it cheating because I knew what I was doing. The good part was that it was not emotional eating, it was just a meal with my family.

What I noticed, and people have said it time and time again, the food just did not taste as good as it used to. I'm so glad for that, because I know sometimes just one thing off plan would send me off another diet for good.

I think of MF as my lifestyle, so I know I will get back on tomorrow with no worries.

The funniest part was when I was putting the food on my plate my 3-year old told me that I was supposed to be eating fruits and vegetables, and then proceeded to "teach" me how to eat celery after dinner.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 6th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Hi Brandi!

I know exactly how you feel! One bite off plan is off plan, but you knew what you were doing. I know people that use the one spoon rule (on other plans). One spoon of mac & cheese, one spoon of mashed potatoes, etc. They say it gets them out of the cravings.

Knowing me, I would've decided I was already off plan, so that container and everything around it would've been GONE! I know me! I know what you mean...isn't it amazing that things just don't taste as good as we remember! You just had a little bit of off-plan, so you'll bounce right back in NO time, no worries.

You story about your 3-year old is just adorable!

Have a GREAT Saturday!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nova » May 6th, 2006, 3:38 pm

I don't think just a spoonful is all that bad, as long as it isn't a spoonfull of everything, at every meal. :)

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago. I tried a spoonful of some southwest veggies my hubby was having. Tried it, tasted it, enjoyed it, but then decided it wasn't nearly good enough to justify having more or ruining my MF plan. Sounds like you're doing just great.

The thought of you being lectured by your 3-year old made me :roflmao:
244/171

Would you rather eat what you want, or wear what you want?
Nova
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby jump4joy » May 6th, 2006, 4:28 pm

I've done that too, Brandi, but I find it's better to get back on right NOW, right away, rather than waiting until "tomorrow". I'm sure that one little bite won't hurt you as long as you jump up and get back on that ole' horse! :deadhorse:

One hour, one day, one moment at a time. :heart:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lauradr » May 6th, 2006, 4:37 pm

The only thing is it might take you out of ketosis
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 6th, 2006, 5:42 pm

That is my only regret - going out of ketosis. Right now I feel like I did going into ketosis, and I know I have three more days of feeling like this again.

I'm already back on the plan - I had a supplement a little bit ago to keep with the three hour schedule.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1

Postby Serendipity » May 6th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Speaking only for myself here.....it's not worth it. For one thing, all of those foods will be there when I'm done with the weight loss phase. I can wait. Second, ketosis is what makes this plan so easy to follow. I won't risk going out of ketosis and feeling hungry and craving. I don't wish to white knuckle my way through this. I have too far to go.

Again, this is just my humble opinion. Please don't be offended.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 7th, 2006, 2:58 am

I'm not offended at all! I think I needed to do this - I think about cheating every day, but now I know it's not worth it, I probably won't think about it as much.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1

Postby Nicole81 » May 7th, 2006, 3:02 am

I think you did very good! It is learning to control yourself! I tend to eat off plan... sometimes I can control myself and other times I can't but I am happy with the loss I have so far. PLUS I always say anything can happen... live everyday like it was your last! Not eating like you like everyday but non food rewards! An occasional off plan meal isn't so horrible! So long as you know the consequences, you don't go overboard, and you get back on track. This is all just my opinion! Just me...If anything was to happen to me tomorrow I wouldn't feel bad if I had a bite of my hubbys ice cream.
-NICOLE
243 highest weight in 10/05
238 BEFORE MEDIFAST 1/06
STARTED MF 3/6/06 @ 230
230/190/130

Going to restart soon. Now 229 had my baby boy 7/14/07. Ready to get Shakin'
Nicole81
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Return to The Weight Room