I was mad, so I ate a pizza...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

I was mad, so I ate a pizza...

Postby Mickey » March 30th, 2006, 9:20 am

OK. I cheated. Badly.
I was angry :x yesterday because in 10 days I've only lost 4.5 pounds and haven't cheated once. So I made a choice. I weighed myself last evening and when I saw my weight hadn't moved down the scale, I ordered a medium Canadian bacon pizza and ate the whole thing. Why bother, I told myself. :brickwall:

About an hour later, I felt physically awful. I had heartburn and I was SO sleepy. Around 9:00 central time my boyfriend called and asked me how I was. I burst into tears and confessed. I am so ashamed :(

I feel like I've ruined everything and let all y'all down. My boyfriend reminded me that I won't GAIN 4.5 pounds from eating a pizza but it didn't help. My dad (who has type 2 diabetes) mentioned that he wants to know more about MF and I was excited to hear it because he doesn't take care of himself they way he should. Now I feel as though my credibility is shot.

Listen to me, I am such a whiney baby! Good news is I didn't make it worse by deciding to quit.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Postby Unca_Tim » March 30th, 2006, 9:26 am

You Whiney Baby!
Just Kidding...:)

This is no biggie at all, cept you're gonna be hungry again for a few days.
You're early in your journey. Dust off and jump back on. We're here to give you a leg up.

Anybody that hasn't made a mistake, hasn't done anything....
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Drama Queen » March 30th, 2006, 9:34 am

Don't beat yourself up!!! You did the right thing, you came here and confessed. What's done is done. Get right back to Shakin' those MF packets.

The unfortunate thing is some of us lose slower than others. The great thing is you have lost 4.5 pounds you don't ever have to see again!!!

Recommit yourself to the program. Keep drinking that water. Weigh yourself only once a week. And I'm sure you'll see that scale moving in the right direction again!!

Start Date 1/22/06
Age 53 / Height 5'9"

Drama Queen
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby SkinnyMama » March 30th, 2006, 11:50 am

I've done the same thing so many times, I don't have enough fingers to count them all :oops: Don't look back, you can't change what you did but CAN make better choices moving forward. Like a previous poster said, some people lose slower, I'm one of those people (although I can gain very quickly). And you are most likely not going to have the big numbers that many on here do because you're in that last 20 lb stretch.

Good job not quitting, just focus on one day, or even one shake at a time, you can do it!!!!!!!!
SkinnyMama

Postby ascicles » March 30th, 2006, 12:56 pm

At only 152 pounds, I think you were expecting too much. Losing 4.5 pounds in 10 days is really good. To give you some perspective, I started Medifast at 370 pounds and lost 11 pounds in my first ten days. Now, when you look at that number, you might think that I did much better...but let's crunch the numbers a bit.

370/152 = 2.43 (meaning I weigh 2.43 times what you weigh)

2.43 x 4.5 = 10.96

What this means is that in 10 days, you are basically exactly on pace with what I lost. Crunching the numbers even further, you've lost 2.9 percent of your entire body weight.

At your weight, you shouldn't expect to lose 10-15 pounds in a week. It's simply not going to happen.

Edit: I did these numbers with the assumption that this was your first 10 days. Looking deeper, it appears that you have been with the program longer. This actually makes your weight loss over the past 10 days appear even better. You're losing an even larger percentage of your overall weight.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 30th, 2006, 6:41 pm

Hi Mickey,

It happened. It's over. Nothing you can do about it! No use beating yourself up about it! The important thing is to "get back on the horse," which it sounds like you have. THAT, I am PROUD OF YOU FOR!

So, the next couple of days are going to suck as you get back to ketosis, but you know the drill, so you'll know what to expect.

We're here with your! We're right behind you. If you fall, we'll do our best to pick you up, dust you off and send you down your journey!

DeDe :stroll:
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » March 30th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Mickey ... I'm so sorry to hear about your setback but it's only temporary! It's very exciting to see the positive in this experience. You're being an adult and being accountable to yourself and to us which is completely amazing! This is a learning process for all of us and this will make you stronger! Try to forget about it and move forward. That's what's most important.

We're all right here with ya!

:stroll:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Lizabette » March 30th, 2006, 10:49 pm

Count me in as part of your cheering section! :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

We're counting on you to up and start again as if nothing happened.

It's you and us, babe! :yay: :yay:

Lizabette

Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mickey » March 31st, 2006, 8:01 am

Thanks you guys! This is the best support I've ever had. Where were you when I was going through my divorce? :lol:

But you know, this is a "divorce" of sorts. Y'all are standing with me while I divorce my bad eating habits and claim my health!

Thanks again, y'all.
Mickey
5'3"

Mickey

Return to Come on in.