I ate off plan ...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

I ate off plan ...

Postby Arklahoma » May 3rd, 2006, 12:03 am

I ate off plan and I could just shoot myself. At first it was unintentional and then it was intentional. Let me explain ...

I had committee meetings at the hospital, yesterday, and they ran alot longer than expected. I had an RTD and a bar with for the "just-in-case" scenario but I failed to utilize them and I'm so irritated with myself. During the meetings they had bagels, muffins, scones, etc but I was not even tempted; however, b/c I work nights and sleep during the day, this meeting was during my normal sleep time. I was very tired and sleepy so I ran to starbucks for a latte (I have these at home all the time so I thought it would be a safe bet plus I really needed the caffeine). I asked for a nonfat latte but they gave me a whole milk latte and they gave me the wrong size. I ordered the tall but they gave me the grande. I was late so I CHOSE not to be a whiner and just take what I was given. I know the difference in calories & fat grams between 1 cup of skim milk and 1 cup of whole milk so I felt that the difference would be negligible. Of course, the latte was wonderful and it was just the boost that I needed to get through the next four hours of the meeting.

Now comes the intentional part. As I was leaving, I knew that I had errands to run and was sleepy again so I stopped by Starbucks and had another. The only difference is that I ORDERED the grande latte with the whole milk. Again, thinking that the only difference would be small since one cup of skim milk is 80 calories and one cup of whole milk is about 150. I know it has fat, but so what.

Now, I know that this probably doesn't sound like the end of the world, but I just went and typed in my food choices, like I do everyday, and I'm shocked!!! I had 520 calories in lattes ~ EEK!!! I do the complete plan, so I only average about 500 - 700 calories per day. My two lattes cost me 520 calories, 28 grams of fat, 42 carbs, and 28 grams of protein.

This is the first time in 11 weeks that I have eaten off plan and I feel just awful (mentally & emotionally). This is completely the reason why I do the complete program. I know that if I did the L/G, then I would totally be rationalizing every tsp of this and tbsp of that so the structure is good for me.

In the end, my daily stats are ...

981 calories
30 grams fat (29%)
91 grams carbs (35%)
86 grams protein (36%)

Once again, I know this is probably not the end of the world. Just a shock to my system that I could go off plan so far and not really realize it until after the fact. I really don't know if I'm looking for support, just need to vent, or trying to hold myself accountable. I just don't know ...
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby sidrah » May 3rd, 2006, 12:22 am

Well, you said it all. I am inclined to lean towards the under a thousand calories that day not being the most horrible of offenses. I know people are super strict and will say there is some psychological reason and all that. Normally, I am a deep thinker, but in this case, at the end of the day, you still had way less than a pre-MF day and you know now what will happen if you do the same again. You won't feel good, but one day of off plan might lead to a long time of on plan for you.

The world will not end. Vent away :lol:
sidrah
Preferred member

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 3rd, 2006, 12:22 am

It happened. Don't beat yourself up about it. At least we're not having conversations about cheese fries and cake! You had a high-stress day and you were out of your routine. It's over. You might be a little headachey tomorrow, might be nothing. It's okay! I KNOW YOU! I know you'll get right back on plan, you don't want me to beat you to the 50# club, so I KNOW you'll be back on!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 3rd, 2006, 1:34 am

Sidrah ~ Thanks for the + comments. I know you're right and I know that I did learn from my experience. I guess I'm just so surprised that I did it and needed to vent. Thanks for letting me do so.

DeDe ~ I know you're right, as well. I was out of my routine and feeling a little "off". We very well could have been having a conversation about cheese fries & cake so I guess my sins are not really that bad. I am so ON PLAN and racing you to the next finish line in our weight-loss marathon.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby BoPeep1 » May 3rd, 2006, 3:35 am

I'm gonna say it wasn't 100% intentional - you had no idea it had that many calories or fat (I'm surprised just by reading it!).

Just by telling us you've made yourself accountable, and I 100% know that you are going to get back on plan. Don't put yourself down for something that is in the past now.
-Brandi
Height 5'9"
Started MF on 4/3/06

BoPeep1
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Mom23 » May 3rd, 2006, 4:26 am

You did it, it's over, you know what you did, you know how to get back on program, you WILL get back on program...

Please don't beat yourself up. I know that you have the strength and the determination to lose the weight. You CAN do it and you WILL do it!

Now start shakin' and begin anew! :D
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ktrout » May 3rd, 2006, 4:39 am

Get up, dust yourself off, look the horse that threw you right in the eye and climb back on. You're doing great and this test was just that, a test of your ability to confront your challenges and rise above them. You didn't behave 100% but you didn't slip into the abyss either.

To paraphrase the Soup Nazi from Sienfeld, " No whole milk Latte for you, ONE YEAR! "

Have a great day !!!
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby falisamarie » May 3rd, 2006, 5:47 am

Ark~

You sound like me....I am my own worse critic. You are so strong and I know that by the time I am typing this you are already back on program and right back in the swing of things!

You are such an inspiration to us all!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » May 3rd, 2006, 7:01 am

I agree with what Lisa said (and everyone else). You are very strong and this slip wasn't even that bad of a slip. We all know you and you will be fine.

Ktrout - I LOVED that Seinfeld line - it was great - good choice!

Arkie - come vent to us any time, you are a good listener and give great info and advice - it's the least we can do :)
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby wildtrk » May 3rd, 2006, 7:26 am

If that is the worst thing that happened from a diet perspective. Fuhgaddaboutit. 2 whole milk latte's is not worth your time to fret about. Just get back to it ....I found out yesterday that I have been eating something that I thought was "safe" as a green vegetable for a week now but I found out that there were hidden carbs in it. My thought was oops...guess I won't do that anymore. We all slip from time to time, some of it intentional and some not. At some time (I hope not for awhile) I am sure I will probably "accidently" eat something I shouldn't. But it will not be the end of the world. Hence your 2 whole milk latte's will not make a significant dent in your overall weight loss.

Just keep doing what your doing and do it one day at a time.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » May 3rd, 2006, 7:53 am

Hey Ark, just look at it as avoiding an unexpected plateau. You took one day and went over your "normal" caloric intake (not even by a whole lot). Therefore, we are going to think positive and say that you inadvertently "shook things up" :whistle: So now that you are back on plan (and I know you are) your body says "thanks for yesterday, it was great" and your mouth has to say "hope you enjoyed it cuz it's not going to happen again!!!"

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby MusicalMomma » May 3rd, 2006, 8:03 am

You're doing GREAT Ark...don't let this get ya down...you're gonna make it! :)
MusicalMomma

Postby summerblue » May 3rd, 2006, 8:08 am

You are doing great - and you are AWARE of what you are doing. no one is perfect, don't beat yourself up - you can start a clean slate the next day.

One thing I remember when I am being too hard on myself is.......think about what you WOULD have normally eaten/drank in that day, i'm sure you are WELL under your caloric intake......Cheers, Mara
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby mamabear » May 3rd, 2006, 8:58 am

Don't beat yourself up over it :bighug: You are still doing great and I am sure that you are right back on plan! :mrgreen:
mamabear
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby MISSANNE » May 3rd, 2006, 9:33 am

Everyone has pretty much summed it up for you but I wanted to chime in also.

Don't let this eat at you. (No pun intended) You are 1 of the most faithful, inspirational people on here.

I look forward to reading your posts everyday! Truck on through this, you'll still be FANTASTIC!!

I have faith in you :hug:
Michelle
MISSANNE
Preferred member

Next

Return to The Weight Room