I ate off plan ...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby Linda » May 3rd, 2006, 10:29 am

Ark,

1. You made a mistake (small one at that)
2. You analyzed it and learned from it
3. You got right back on track
4. You know will not do the same thing again.

Isn't that what learning is all about? Give yourself a break! You made a small mistake and you're ready to move on. Congratulations on a lesson learned.

:hug:
LINDA

Started Nov 6, 2005
5'3", 59 years young
Linda
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 3rd, 2006, 10:31 am

You guys are so great! I don't know how I ever lived my life before MF and before MMT. I swear, this IS just like the verizon wireless commercial with the guy and his "network" following him. I feel like I have my own SUPPORT SYSTEM in my back pocket. You guys are the true SECRET of my success!!

Ktrout ~ Love, love, love your post. Seinfeld is one of my alltime fav shows and the only sitcom that I can watch over and over and over. The soup nazi is one of my favorite story lines, as well. As I was reading your post, I could actually "hear" the soup nazi saying it <grin>.

Wldtrk ~ Don't you hate it when you find out you've been doing something "off-plan". At least you figured it out. It is all one day at a time and a learning process.

Lifelovingaries ~ Thank you for your post. I really enjoyed your take on my "intentional shake things up" day with the whistling smiley guy. It's all a mindset and we can take a positive spin on it, if we allow ourselves. Unfortunately, I really did enjoy the latte's.

Vicky ~ Thanks for the reminder b/c I am human. I hadn't had any slips or cheats in almost three months of dieting and I was beginning to feel almost like OnderWoman (but DeDe's already claimed that title so I'll have to choose another super hero). The point is, I made a mistake and now I'm back on the horse.

BoPeep1, Mom23, Falisamarie, ForMommy, MusicalMomma, SummerBlue, MamaBear, and MissAnne ~ Thanks for taking the time to post and try to help my morale. It really did provide me with some support and encouragement and I feel much better. I'm feeling much better and can move on from here ... Thanks to the NETWORK!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 3rd, 2006, 10:49 am

Thanks for the post, Linda.
Rest assured ~ Lesson has been learned!
Arklahoma

Starbucks

Postby thefinest » May 3rd, 2006, 4:04 pm

Is there anything that we can order from starbucks besides plain old coffee? I love to get a drink on the go..Does the Frappucinno lights have too many carbs? What if you replaced one of your shakes with a frappy light once in a awhile? Or would that be a no-no? :?
4/24/2006@176.5lbs 5`10
[/url]
thefinest
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Serendipity » May 3rd, 2006, 7:31 pm

Starbucks has a really great tea. I think it's called "Passion" or "Passion fruit". It's excellent!

I love the coffee - black and strong. I used to dump lots of half & half in it, but got used to the black since starting MF. I love it now.

A Frappucinno light would not be a good choice - especially as a substitute for a MF shake. Remember, if it's not in the quick start guide, it's not part of the MF plan.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Pashta » May 3rd, 2006, 8:11 pm

Bah LOL! C'mon girl, it could have been WAY worse! Hey my Starbucks thing is a Venti Caffe Mocha with whipped cream... 490 calories, 26g fat, 53g carbs, 42g sugar (nonfat milk only cut calories by 100 btw) !!!! LOL see if you look at what calories are at these fast food places it's very easy to see why America is fat.

You've done very well so far and I'm sure you'll hop right back up on that horse and keep shakin' away. :hug:
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 3rd, 2006, 11:37 pm

There's nothing really at Starbucks on the MF plan except for black coffee and tea; however, I do have two lattes per day at home. Please note that this is MY plan and not the MF plan. My doctor is aware and is ok with it. On the three days per week that I go to work, I skip my lattes at home and have an iced Venti Latte from Starbucks. It's about 130 calories and has a better nutritional profile than what I used to have at home. I say used to b/c I started using low-carb milk at home and I can barely tell a difference but I'm saving 18 carbs per day.

Pashta ~ I used to drink Mocha's, too, but cut that out about a year ago b/c they just became too sweet. I do agree with you, though. The profile of American food is just outrageous.
Arklahoma

Postby Tiolazz » May 4th, 2006, 6:42 am

Who Loves ya Ark????

WE ALL DO !!!!!!

Terri

Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby summerblue » May 4th, 2006, 6:44 am

I cut the Starbucks habit a year ago this month - we actually call it FIVE BUCKS not Starbucks. I do love it, don't get me wrong.

My husband does go, but he now has what's called a CAFE MISTO. that's regular drip coffee and what they do is steam non-fat milk and put it in.

He used to have a VENTI Carmel Machitto - ugly calorie/surgar content.

.........Mara
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Arklahoma » May 4th, 2006, 8:03 am

Thanks, Terri!!!
Arklahoma

Postby Arklahoma » May 4th, 2006, 8:04 am

Mara ~ Those Caramel Machiatto's are to die for (as in, I love them).
Arklahoma

Learning Experience

Postby Jan » May 4th, 2006, 9:08 am

Hi There Arklahoma,
Well, life is a learning experience and hopefully we can learn from each other. You learned and most likely helped otheres. Starbucks hmmmm :mrgreen: Yup Starbucks is a very very tempting place and .... you'll find Nancy, Terry, Paul and me all there many many times. Nancy and I both take our phones and yes people catch us there all the time!! :mrgreen: What are we drinking??? Nancy loves the passion tea or plain coffee. Terry has the same. Paul who is tall and skinny still drinks just plain coffee -- but he does get a goodie now and then if he has forgotten to bring his bar. As for me -- I drink the Awake tea. We have a great time.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Previous

Return to The Weight Room