1 year anniversary today of starting medifast!!

All that hard work and now what? Let's talk about how to keep those pounds off...

Postby nickieluv » May 1st, 2007, 7:05 pm

Eeeeeew! I knew I didn't like swimming in the ocean.... What if everybody else's fat sticks on to me again? :-P
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » May 1st, 2007, 7:55 pm

Hehe... well, you asked Nickie. This must be why you teach music huh?
:twisted:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » May 2nd, 2007, 2:14 am

Serendipity wrote:......and the person Nancy lost, and the person Mike lost, and the person Brian lost.......

Joleen, stop putting that brandy in your morning coffee. :nana:
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby nickieluv » May 2nd, 2007, 8:24 am

Mike wrote:Hehe... well, you asked Nickie. This must be why you teach music huh?
:twisted:

Absolutely. If you can speak Italian and count to 4 you can be a music teacher. :lol: No icky science experiments and fat globules to ponder.
nickieluv

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 2nd, 2007, 6:37 pm

This thread is too funny!

Congratulations Tony on your one-year amazing inspirational transformation and congrats to you and your beautiful wife on your new little babooshka!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Lauren » May 3rd, 2007, 8:48 am

Jo, the person I lost definitely isn't running anywhere. In fact, I think the person Tony lost, you lost, and I lost, are sitting on their fat a**es watching tv and eating chinese take out.

Tony, you rock! I know it's tough, and with no sleep and trying to be the supportive daddy, it must be overwhelming. My only recommendation would be to do everything in your power to take at least 30 minutes in a day for yourself to do exercise. I know you're tired. I know if you had 30 free minutes you'd want to nap. But I promise you'll get greater benefit to fit the exercise in. It will keep you on track and keep you going strong.

My two cents.

Ciao!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby TonyR » May 4th, 2007, 5:53 am

Tawanda wrote:Tony, I would imagine that the sleep deprivation that goes along with a new baby in the house, would make things harder. I hope that at some point you'll have the time (and energy ;) ) to share with us a bit more in depth as to what you are thinking, doing and what thoughts you are dealing with during transition. You mentioned it is hard....and I hope you'll find it becomes easier as soon as the little guy allows you and Sharon to get a full night's uninterrupted rest.

Congratulations on that 1 year anniversary and for maintaining for 2 months.........you and your weight loss is inspirational!

Thanks Tawanda, and I guess what is hard is even though I am on maintenance and can have a lot more choices, you see yourself reverting back to the stress eating that you once did, and that is how you became overweight in the first place. Babies cries can trigger this very much, and if they become inconsoleable then you start to reach for something to make you feel better, and that is the beginning of the end.

Now I haven't done this much, but I have definately done this and have had to remind myself to knock it off and get a grip. It also has been a challenge with our 22 month old that is trying to get attention and so we are dealing with that.....she is a blessing and I love to make her laugh!! It melts me when she just down right giggles at you when you are playing with her! :)
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR

Postby TonyR » May 4th, 2007, 5:55 am

Thanks for the support everyone and DeDe it is good to see you back!!

Yeah I tell people that one of the keys to weight loss is the water because there are only a couple of ways to get that fat out of you and well of course out lovely sewage that goes out to the Pacific Ocean is one of the main ways!! :) 160 pounds of oily fatty fluid......sorry had to say it!! LOL
Start 5/1/06
Goal 3/1/07
TonyR

Wow!

Postby Seaside » May 4th, 2007, 6:10 am

Great job, Tony! It must've seemed like a far-away goal, but now that you've done it, what a great feeling! Thanks for the inspiration!
Seaside

Previous

Return to Maintenance