Which Scales are best?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Postby faithchild » October 20th, 2004, 8:41 pm

I wasn't sure which room to post this message in, just had a question concerning "scales"...I noticed the Medifast site has one for over 70.00...they have no description or information about it...has anyone purchased one? I weigh nearly 400lbs, does anyone know what brand or prices on scales that might assist me with buying one soon. Thank you...Faithchild
faithchild

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » October 21st, 2004, 1:13 am

Howdy faithchild,

Good question. Don't have any advice, but thought I'd add to the inquiry while on the subject of scales. Any good digital ones out there anyone can recommend? Don't want to spend a lot on it. (I'm gonna be buying a new wardrobe soon ;) ) I gotta move the pointer on my old-fashioned scale, then kneel down with my magnifying glass to see what number it's pointing to. Want one I can SEE while standing on it! :shades:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby explorthis » October 21st, 2004, 6:39 am

Howdy faith… We have talked many times in the past about scales, here is a link talking about what we have brought up in the past…

http://www.makemethinner.com/forum/view ... scale+type

If you (at the top of the page) hit the search function, and type in your request, most likely we have discussed exactly what you’re looking for. For example, I typed in scale, and came up with.

These should help you.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby faithchild » October 22nd, 2004, 5:21 pm

Explorthis and Hawaiiwhatnot...Thanks for the advice and help concerning my question about "scales". :D
faithchild

Postby Nancy » October 23rd, 2004, 1:42 pm

First of all, Thank you to ExploreThis and HawaiiWhatNot for their swift and juicy replies to Faithchild!

I had written a reply to you and then with the server problems and new network hook ups Unca is doing for us, :x evidently my reply vanished into cyberland!

We have a Tanita digital scale purchased from a local department store for approx. $50. It was given to me as a birthday gift by a group of my friends who got tired of hearing me whine when I weighed and got a different score each time! Like many of you have also experienced, it was just plain hard to read our former needle scale. A slight shift in either direction, resulted in a :twisted: different weight. It was hard to see the numbers, too unless I donned my bifocals! :shock:

Although I hate to admit it, I am unsure of the top end on the digital scale offered through our website since (tsk! tsk!) I do not own one! Please know that we have tried and used ALL of the other products and items available EXCEPT the digital scale!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » October 27th, 2004, 5:35 pm

I'll also chime in and say that I also have a Tanita digital. I believe I paid about $50 for it at Sportmart of all places. I don't have the box anymore and so I don't know what range it serves. It works reliably. The bonus is that it looks nice as well.
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Weight Loss