Got my new scales yesterday

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Got my new scales yesterday

Postby DonicaB » May 10th, 2005, 9:15 am

........and my fears were realized. They indeed weighed me at a higher weight, but..........luckily it was only a little over 3# more. I can live with that. At first it depressed me a little, but then I reminded myself that it does not change the fact that I have lost 20#..........it just means that I have about 4 more pounds to lose than I had originally thought.

This is the beginning of my 6th week and I still feel good about what I am doing but beginning to struggle a little every day. This week the Raging River (as Christi likes to call it) has been visiting. I keep telling myself that is the reason I feel hungry and grumpy I might add. And that is why things seem to have come to a halt.

My boys keep telling me I am very grumpy these past few days. As a matter of fact, I have had to really watch myself at school. I have wanted to bite a few of my students heads off. :bahhumbug:

I know......I'm kinda rambing here. Thanks for listening.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby want2Bthin » May 10th, 2005, 9:24 am

Donica-

I hope you feel better soon :hugblue: Ya gotta love the wonderful PMS. I turn into a crazy person! :x

I ordered one of the scales too. I weighed on it Sunday for roll call. I only had a .6 loss. I just assumed I had a bad week but maybe it is weighing me a little higher too. You are the 2nd person to post that it weighed higher. I'm with you though, no biggie, same thing either way.

You will be to your goal in no time. You are doing awesome!

Angelia :mrgreen:
want2Bthin
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Dean0408 » May 10th, 2005, 9:29 am

That is a bummer about the new scale showing that you weigh more. You are right though, the new scale changes nothing with regard to the weight you already lost.

Who says every single new scale is perfectly accurate anyhow? Are we saying that this company has 0% warranty repairs to do........wow, if so....other companies should hire them to teach quality control.

I always wanted to get one of those doctor type scales where you slide the weights until the pointer hovers in the center of the little metal square thing.

Have you been to the doctor lately to be weighed? Next time, go straight home, wear the exact same thing you had on at the doctors office when he/she weighed you and try out the old and new scale that you have. Which one matched the doctor's weigh in more closely? That is the one to use.

Biting off the heads of students is acceptable........PROVIDING.......the weight of the head is no more than 7 ounces.........AND........you have a salad or other green veggie with it.

Smile Donica.........it will make you feel better! :mrgreen:

Dean
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 10th, 2005, 8:26 pm

Hi Donica,
I got my new scales yesterday too!! We must have ordered them at the same time....I had prepared myself for it maybe weighing more too (but secretly had hopes that it would weigh less) - which is silly, because like you said, it doesn't change HOW much we've lost. Anyway, I guess my old scale was pretty good - it was digital too - but only to the 1/2 pound. My old scale weighed me at 187.5 this morning (which would be my lowest so far on MF) and my new scale is saying 188.3, so it wasn't much difference - but I think it's probably more accurate, since it weighs in increments of .2 pounds.

Anyway, don't feel too bad - and just remember that you've still got the same awesome weight loss!! :thumbig:
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room