scales

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

scales

Postby Tk » August 17th, 2005, 9:57 pm

Does anyone know how long scales last? I bought a new scale when I started MF in May. But I recently noticed a change in the scales. For the past week and 1/2 when I get on the scales, its' been a diffrent amount every time. Today, i got on the scale 5 times with 5 diffrent amounts. Then I got on the scale at work and that one was even lower (like by 5 lbs) that the one at home. The one at home has been going up everyday by 1 lb and the one at work says I've lost 7 lbs, so I don't know what i weight now!!! Should I buy a new scale?
Tk
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » August 17th, 2005, 11:19 pm

:shock: Your scales must be bizarro!

Maybe it's time to change the battery. :?:

Humidity can affect scales. There is often a slight difference among scales so it is best to always use the same scale and to weigh at the same time of day. Placing the sales on a hard surface is best - placing the scales on carpeting can make a difference.

Try to standardize your weight conditions - shoes off, same time of day, put the scale in the same place, wear the same thing (or not!) when you weigh.

Our weight can vary a considerable amount from morning til night. It is so weird - sometimes I can weigh as much as 4 pounds more from the time I get up until the afternoon.

I used to freak out my husband by slowly adjusting the dial upward on our scales...can't do that with the digital scale!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Tk » August 18th, 2005, 8:27 am

Thanks Nancy, I would of never thought of changing the battery. I do weigh myself at the same time wearing (or not) the same thing every time. It is a digital, so I will replace the battery and hopefully it will work! I really want to know what my weight is, so I might stop by my doctors office to use his.
Tk

Postby Nancy » August 18th, 2005, 8:55 am

Darlin' ~

We have some old bathroom scales that we had kicking around here for 18 years or so. It is the kind with as little adjustable dial (The one I moved to freak out my husband or to make him feel happy when I moved it below zero to make it minus pounds - you move it one way and it shows you weigh less than you do!) - that kind of scale is harder to measure accurately. I think the digitals are pretty good. Our fluid fluctuation makes a difference throughout the day.

I had two scales for a long time and THAT totally made me schizoid - it's what you are doing now - running back and forth, weighing on everything that's not nailed down. It is unlikely that any two scales will perfectly match one another. Get a new battery in yours, weigh on it and keep the 'constants' as constant as you can and go with it.

You are doing great, Darlin' - keep on doing what you are doing, little by little, you ARE thinnin' and you will reach your goal if you do not give up and you will stay there at tour goal if you do not give up. Daily doing the right things = success.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Tk » August 19th, 2005, 8:49 am

Thanks for the encouragement Nancy. I bought a new battery and put the scale on a bigger piece of plywood cause it's in my room which is carpet. That seemed to work. I think I got an accurate reading this morning cause it matched the scales hear at work. I am only 1 1/2 pounds away from the 30# club!! I am not a scale watcher, but an accurate reading is always nice. I use my body measurments as a real "reading" of what I've lost. I put on a pair of capri's this morning that 2 weeks ago didn't fit right. This morning they are just perfect!!!! I love doing my body measurments every month, watching the tape measure go down is just as fun as watching the scales go down!!
Tk

Postby Nancy » August 19th, 2005, 9:25 am

TK ~ :rose:

Yippy Yahoo!

So very thankul that worked out so well for you!

Isn't it interesting how quickly our clothing sizes change?

Sometimes it feels like it takes forever for our body to change its shape because we look downward and what we can see is usually our fullest part - our stomach and hips.

We tend to lose weight from the top down - our face and neck seems to show it first, then our torso and eventually the hippos and the thighs. When we gain, it goes on in our hips and buns and then moves on up (rapidly!).

It is good that you are measuring monthly, TK, because it encourages you when you have those times when the pounds appear to melt slowly.

Keep it up!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby martha » August 19th, 2005, 1:10 pm

TK--

WOW :mrgreen: Look out 30# club cause she is ready to come in :mrgreen: Have a great week ..you are doing so good..Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tk » September 2nd, 2005, 9:24 am

I just received the medifast scales and I have a question. I misplaced the instructions that came with it, so the first time I step on the scales is gives me a reading, then I get off and the word CAL shows up and I don't know what that means. Then I will get on the scale again and a new weight shows up. So, which reading do I use and what does CAL mean?
Tk

Postby Nancy » September 2nd, 2005, 10:49 am

Tk, the dancing Rosebud...

I dunno. I have purchased the TSFL scales for several of my relatives but do not have one of my very own as I received a very nice digital scale from my friends when I started on my weight loss journey...

Anybody else, please??
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.