When do I see the result of my cheating?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

When do I see the result of my cheating?

Postby momof2 » April 26th, 2006, 7:32 am

Hi All. Well I went off the deep end and scarfed down some Easter candy last night as I started innocently by throwing it all out! But the scale went down just a little this morning. Will I be seeing some devastating numbers tomorrow..the next day? I'm waiting for my punishment.

I seem to have a problem with relaxing when I start to see good results. Why do I sabotage myself like this? I did the same thing with Atkins, after dropping 15 lbs, I figured a few bad days won't hurt and never lost any more weight after that. I see the same thing happening here. I am so happy with the results I have had so far (less the week of Easter where I ate "off-plan" but not badly). Now the chocolate episode last night.

Started 4/1/06
momof2
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 26th, 2006, 8:18 am

Everyone's body is different. You may see a weight gain and you may not. Hopefully, you won't notice any difference.

:goodluck:
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby falisamarie » April 26th, 2006, 8:57 am

You might not see a gain but if you do just remember that it is temporary! Just keep reading and keep posting and you will be back in the groove in no time!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby momof2 » April 26th, 2006, 9:01 am

Thanks Guys! I'm getting back on track this morning.. getting the RTDs today so I'm excited about trying them out.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby Serendipity » April 26th, 2006, 1:47 pm

Hi mom,

I don't think you'll see much difference in weight gain, but you may notice that you are feeling more hungry because sugar can kick you out of ketosis. You may have a tougher time in the next 2 or 3 days, but after that, smooth sailing again.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » April 26th, 2006, 2:17 pm

You may see a weight-change, you might not. I agree with JO that you should watch out for the sugar cravings! You knocked yourself out of ketosis and may feel lousy for a few days and you miss out on the appetite supression that ketosis gives you, so get through THAT and you'll be golden!

Remember...nothing tastes as good as THIN FEELS!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Hi

Postby Serendipity » April 26th, 2006, 2:54 pm

dede4wd wrote:Remember...nothing tastes as good as THIN FEELS!

Preach it sista! :lol:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity

Postby momof2 » April 27th, 2006, 7:17 am

You all are right, I was hungry yesterday but did pretty good. No weight change today, but no loss either. I think it was Nancy who once said, that food will be there after we reach our goals. I wish I could remember that when I'm staring at a Trix bar!

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby Lizabette » April 27th, 2006, 8:48 pm

MOM,

You are so close to reaching goal, and it may be a little scary for you. Just plunge right in and do it...for yourself and for your family.

You'll be so happy :lol: you did. And good to remember that you will have another goal ahead of you to maintain that precious weight loss.

Good shaking, Mom, you'll be fine!

Lizabette
Lizabette :heart:
195/135 - Reached goal, Aug. 31, '06
Lizabette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby momof2 » April 27th, 2006, 9:07 pm

Thanks Lizabette! You're definitely right. I promised myself that after my son's birthday party this Sat (I know I know, I shouldn't cheat but I have the most fabulous cake lady) I am staying compliant!

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby lifelovinaries » April 30th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Glad to hear you got right back on plan. Just a quick note on my experience...I cheated before and didn't notice a weight gain which lead me to believe "hey, I can cheat periodically and it won't affect me!!! How great is that?!?" Well, I decided to believe that lie and try cheating again-well you see where this is going... So I say all this to say even though the scales weren't adversly affected this time, the next time may be totally different. Don't fall into the trap that I did. I'm still climbing out of it!!! :bricks:

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby momof2 » April 30th, 2006, 7:57 pm

lifelovinaries, you are so right.. after this episode, I thought the same thing..no harm, no foul, so I did so badly this weekend at the party and today with the left overs and the scale definitely showed me and I'm devastated. I told my husband that under no circumstance are we eating out/bringing in any food starting tomorrow. I got rid of all the cake today! I obviously have not learned what Medifast is trying to teach me yet.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby Becky » April 30th, 2006, 8:08 pm

First I have to say, how is it that the Easter candy lasted that long?? Around our house--it would be scarfed down BEFORE Easter---hah!

And about the birthday cake... how about freezing a slice or two for yourself to enjoy AFTER you reach your goal? It was still be good! The more times you say "just this once", the longer it takes to get to your goal, and the more times you have to go through the dreaded days 1 through 3. Just hang in there, get through it, save the treats for after you get to your goal, and then just have a little bit here & there.

I have my Valentine's day See's candies nuts & chews, and my Ferrero Rochet hazelnut chocolates, and my Easter Snicker's eggs waiting for me, for sometime this summer after I'm at goal & am on maintenance (Sorry--I probably should not have mentioned all those tempting things--but they are my faves!). Then I will savor them-- a little bite here & a little bite there, and won't scarf down all of it at once like I used to do! :lol:
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Postby momof2 » May 1st, 2006, 3:45 pm

Hi Becky! It's Michelle Ogle :)

You're right, I'm surprised the candy was still laying around too and I thought I better throw it all out before the kids (and I) get to it, but I couldn't resist that chocolate smell. Then of course was my son's party this weekend and you're right, "just this once" was continually going through my mind until I gained 3 lbs as of this morning. So I'm back on the program today and have been doing good so far. Keeping busy to make sure I do.

You know that is such a great idea about freezing the cake, but it's gone. My cake lady has a new frosting so I told her I would be back this summer to try it AFTER I reach my goal. I saw my fav Easter candy, Cadbury eggs, on clearance the other day and thought I should buy one and save it, but decided against it. I have no will power to have it in such close proximity.

Started 4/1/06
momof2

Postby Becky » May 1st, 2006, 7:48 pm

Hi Michelle--oh oh, i didn't get my reply done in time to stop you from eating the cake!! well, it's done & overwith, so hopefully today went well & you're back on track. Next time, freeze the cake. :? So you actually have a "cake lady" ? Wow. She must be good!

My husband's favorites are the cadbury eggs as well. For about a month or two before Easter, after they first come out, he scarfs them down for weeks. Then by the time Easter gets here, he's sick. One year I bought a 12 pack (never have seen them since) & I hid them in the garage freezer & pulled them out a few at a time for him during the summer. He loved it. Luckily, I think they look gross with those yellow centers & they don't tempt me a bit. But enough about those! WE should be talking about broccoli spears & green beans! ;) Hope your day was good & follow it up with another good one tomorrow! B
Becky (Pettit) Renfro
Certified Health Advisor
Becky
Trusted Member - #70 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room