How to feel like you're cheating withOUT actually cheating

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

How to feel like you're cheating withOUT actually cheating

Postby betz » January 31st, 2006, 10:35 am

Some days...are tougher than others. For me, a cold drizzly/snowy day at home with the television and my little family, lots of laundry and a kitchen begging to be cooked in--that's my worst hurdle.

Here are some things I do on days that feel like they're built around eating:

Breakfast:

Oatmeal. Simmered on very low heat until the fruit (apples or berries) swell up. Add a little extra water to stretch it to 2 bowls... a dash of cinnamon and/or SF/FF vanilla.

Coffee--a rich blend in my favorite mug with a splash (splash, not 1/4 cup, please..) of FF dairy and if I'm in the mood for sweetness-- more SF/FF syrup.

Mid Morn:

Shake that is customized with the SF/FF syrup, lots of ice in a great fountain glass that makes me feel like I'm having a great old milkshake. Side note: I LOVE my VitaMix!

Lunch:

SLow simmered soup or chili stretched with an additional cup of water and a little boullion. Add green onion tops, a little chopped celery...any seasoning that strikes me (fresh herbs will scent your whole house!) and a little grind of pepper. Try fresh cilantro in the chili, fresh basil in the minestrone. If you've never cooked with fresh herbs, you're in for a lesson and a treat!

Don't forget those CRACKERS! (Crackers saved me more than once--if you've not bought any...get some and keep them handy for that emergency need for crunch!)

(this lunch really fills me up)

Mid afternoon:

Coffee (rich, again) with a bar. (I'm very fond of the chocolate varieties when I have them with coffee)

Lean & Green Dinner--

I pick something I can slowly roast, simmer or grill. Something that has a great aroma (this really is key--if you like to cook) and that you can check on now and then. You can even do crock pot type dinners-- just choose your recipes carefully and have at it!

A steamed vegetable with fresh herbs..or a mixture of vegetables lightly stir fried (non-stick and a spray of Pam).

Late afternoon:

Either another shake or one of the great hot drinks. I love the chai and the hot chocolate. Either one of them...again, add a little extra water. Slow simmer with a cinnamon stick. These are great for sharing...my guy loves a nice cup of either while we watch tv or read. A preparation tip: try whipping the powder/water up in the blender before heating. The froth will stay while it warms and it seems extra special. Also, you can make your own Chai with a vanilla shake mix and chai sf/ff syrup.

Anyway...that's what saved me many days. Maybe this will help some of you too. :)
betz
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby mmob » January 31st, 2006, 1:37 pm

Thanks for that - I NEEED that - I'm normally not a soup or shake type person and I have never cared about ice cream so this diet was leaving me feeling a little short on variety.

I tried to make the cookies yesterday - they came out so gross - I choked them down but it did nothing to satisfy my need to chew!! LOL

I am nervous about trying the pancakes after my big cookie flop - but might have to give it a try anyway!!

The chili has been my lifesaver. I tried a Chai tea last night - eh - not my favoriate flavor but it wasn't bad!!! I'm dying to get some of the hot chocolate and try that.

Cheers~
Maria

Started MF 1/23/06 at 204.5lbs

Let the disappointments pass
Let the laughter fill your glass.....
mmob
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss