Whats the worst thing

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Lauren » January 13th, 2007, 6:52 pm

Nancy, your story totally made me laugh - sorry, I know that wasn't the intent! It made me laugh because my closest family and friends know that before losing the weight, my absolute biggest fear in life was getting hurt or falling or (god forbid) dying, and being found naked in the shower! :-) Ha! No lie, I always joke that I am not afraid of the being hurt or dying, just being found naked! That's so freakin' pathetic, but totally true - and it always cracks up my friends...

I can't say I'd look too good now, with all the skinnage, but hell, it's better than the before image! :-)

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » January 13th, 2007, 10:12 pm

I had two worst reasons...

One was that they wanted to put me on cholesterol meds at 34...a daily pill for life, I don't think so!

The other for me was not being able to physically do the things (and fit through the openings) my job entails. Both good enough reasons to stop the insanity.

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Nancy » January 13th, 2007, 10:51 pm

Lauren ~ Yup, fear of bein' nekkid!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Lucy » January 13th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Dede

Can I ask what your job is...or a mysterious hint? I have read snippets and invision many ideas with the travel...but the curiosity IS KILLING ME :x

Stormy,

I totally missed the other thread, but I am so humbled by everyones desire for a fit life and their reasons...may I say lets raise a shake to SUCCESS, no matter how we term it!

Cheers
Discipline is the art of choosing between what you want now, and what you want the most.
Lucy
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 14th, 2007, 4:01 am

Back in May, I had to call an ambulance due to a badly sprained ankle that totally immobilized me. I couldn't even get to the bathroom on my own. Because of the steps in our condo lobby and the size of the slim female EMT's they had to call in two big brawny guys to strap me to a transportation seat (like a lawn chair) and hoist me through the lobby. Very embarrassing. I started WW soon after.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Re: Hi

Postby bikipatra » January 14th, 2007, 4:05 am

dede4wd wrote:I had two worst reasons...

One was that they wanted to put me on cholesterol meds at 34...a daily pill for life, I don't think so!

The other for me was not being able to physically do the things (and fit through the openings) my job entails. Both good enough reasons to stop the insanity.

DeDe

I was put on cholesterol meds at 33 and can't wait to get off.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Postby DonicaB » January 14th, 2007, 7:21 am

Wow, where should I start........ Like so many of you I saw my health deteriorating. I'm the type of person that won't go to the doctor unless I just absolutely have to. I'm not sure why that is.....actually I think I know why but someday I'll put it in my journal. I don't want to die of something that "could have been avoided."

Mostly I want to lose the weight just to feel good about myself and to know that I made a decision to lose the weight and actually accomplished it.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Previous

Return to Come on in.