Whats the trick in making the cream soups?

Add your favorite recipes.

Whats the trick in making the cream soups?

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 23rd, 2005, 8:43 am

How do you get them not to be lumpy? Any ideas, I was going to try and have the tomato for lunch?

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bk » February 23rd, 2005, 8:56 am

maybe do it like the hot chocolate - mix in some of the cold water, stir that all up, incorporate the rest of the cold water, and heat. that's how i do my hot chocolate and i never get lumpies in it as long as i get all the powder off the bottom of the mug. if i recall correctly, the directions on the two are similar.

just a thought in case you don't get anyone who actually knows before lunch!
bk

Postby itsgonnaworkthistime » February 23rd, 2005, 9:08 am

thanks bk, I will try that.

Maura
Start Date: 1/2/2007
itsgonnaworkthistime

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 12:02 pm

Exactly right -

I use a small amount of cold water and stir like crazy, gradually adding more water, then heat - just don't bring it to a boil or you'll be like a cat with a hairball, you'll hock out a soyball - too much heat cooks the soy protein.

The Creamy Tomato Soup is good with a pinch of oregano and basil.

I really like it with Mrs. Dash's Extra Spicy or Mrs. Dash's Tomato Basil Garlic - yum!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LadyinVA » February 23rd, 2005, 12:14 pm

I really like it with a Tablespoon of Hot Salsa (for those that like spicy things).
Shari
Start Date 12/28/04
218/189/160
Psalms 37:4
LadyinVA
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby cthrn007 » February 23rd, 2005, 12:50 pm

Oh my gosh Nancy you are on a roll today... I am supposed to be working but I have been on the Nancy Reply reading trail and you are crackin me up!!! A soy hairball.... that is great!! I had one of those in a team meeting Monday with my Chai Latte that was secretly hidden in a work coffee cup. The surprise chunk almost made me hurl on the conference table... that was a hard one to explain but I cannot handle the slimy soy hairballs!

Hehehe :lol:
cthrn007
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 1:45 pm

Well, trust me, I've experienced it all!

Medifast is such a simple program to follow and the food is so good and easy to prepare but there are a few tricks to make things go easier.

I just have found that adding packets to a small amount of cold water or cold pop/coffee first, stirring ad gradually adding the remaining water until all the product is blended works best before nukeage...no surprise lumps in the bottom of the jar.

Have you ever eaten a powder sugar donut and as you are chomping down, inhale a beakful of the powder sugar and nearly choke to death?

If you know what I mean, I had a similar experience with one of the first MF Plus Women's Health shakes.

I thought I was gonna croak right on the spot.

I failed to shake my little jar enough and when I gulped a powdery blob of the shake mix, it burst open in my mouth, I snorted the chocolatey powder somehow and ended up with two black rivers of mascara cascading down my plump cheeks...
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » February 23rd, 2005, 1:53 pm

Yup, gotta have salsa!

I had something new last night: SMOKED Tobasco sauce - I used some of the Green Tobasco and the SMOKED 'basco on my steamed broccoli and zucchini.

We went to a birthday party last night at a Mexican restaurant. I find Mexican restaurants to be the most challenging to find something Medifast 'legal' as most plates are swimming in cheese, taboo carby sauces, and then there's the rice and beans to contend with...

I often have a shrimp or chicken fajita with no beans and rice, no sour cream, no guacamole, no tortillas and just eat the meat and veggies.

Last night I had Salmon Pacifico - grilled fish with steamed veggies and I spiced it up with salsa and the new-to-me Smokey Tobasco sauce.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Lean Cuisine