cream soups

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

cream soups

Postby MsApril » May 17th, 2005, 8:01 pm

okay i accidentally threw away my directions -- exactly WHY arent they written on every package ??? anyway, i dont think i have gotten the hang of exactly how to fix the soups... i follewed the directions when I had them but it just didnt turn out right-- the chili was more like soup... and how oh how to get the lumps out ? i thought about putting it in the magic bullet but not sure about putting hot stuff in it... help
Ms April in Arkansas
"Dance like no one is watching!"

MsApril
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby fatBgone » May 17th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Hey April....
For the chili, this is the best way I've found to fix it. I actually like all the soups better on the stove instead of the microwave - less lumpy.

I use about 3/4 cup water & add the chili mix and bring to a boil. I add a little chili powder for extra flavor and let it simmer on low for a few minutes. I keep testing the beans and when they're not hard anymore, that's when I decide it's done. The directions on the box say to use less water, but I thought it was too chewy and thick that way & plus in the microwave, the beans were like little pellets...well - good luck!
Lisa
fatBgone
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby 24KaratGold » May 17th, 2005, 10:41 pm

Add some seasonings to the chili -- chili powder, garlic powder, cumin. Some people chop up some celery and add that, too, to increase the bulk.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby bk » May 17th, 2005, 11:46 pm

I add spicy mrs. dash, cumin, chili powder, and 3/4 c of water. i nuke 2 mins in the a.m., store it in the fridge, and then nuke 3 mins before it's time to eat. then between 1-2 minutes more for perfect thick consistency! the beans are never hard that way :)
bk
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby armeewyf » May 18th, 2005, 6:50 am

I agree that the stove is better for soups than the micro--and I think the micro is better for the oatmeal. So far I have stuck with chick noodle and chick and wild rice. I thought these were easier to make than the cream soups and chili but I am sure there will come a time when I want to give them a try.

Lee Ann
armeewyf
Preferred Member - 60# Club

My chili technique

Postby Sasa » June 15th, 2005, 6:39 am

I fix my chili in the microwave. The trick to getting the beans to soften is to let it soak for a bit. But my recipe (it's a double recipe) is to mix 1 pack of chili with 1 pack of the minnestrone and 1 pack of the robust tomato fast soup. I use 14 oz of water and heat for 4 minutes. Then let it sit for a couple of minutes. And then heat again for 1 1/2 minutes. And then I let that sit and cool to a comfortable eating temp. I always add chili powder. Better than bouillon has a chili base and when I can find it in the stores, I love that stuff.
Sasa
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby fedup » June 15th, 2005, 7:36 am

I always let mine soak too! I always eat my chili as a "taco salad" with lettuce and crackers crushed up. Sasa- your recipe sounds good. You're eating it at 2 different times then, for 2 meals? Does it lose consistency if it sits for a few hours?
Christy 5'5" age-34
Fresh start: Sept. 15, 2005 (240/ 240/ 160)
"Time to 'release the butterfly' inside
fedup
Trusted Member

Postby martha » June 15th, 2005, 1:50 pm

I too cook mine on the stove.. I add chopped onions, salsa and seasoning to the chili and like everyone else test the beans till they are done..You must use cold water to start or they do lump up ... the soups I put a bouillion cube and onions and a little extra water in it.. adjust the seasonings and cook about 5 minutes(bring it to a boil then simmer the remaining time)with a lid on it.. I hope this helps.. ---Martha
Started MF-4/18/2005
MELTING THE POUNDS AWAY!!!!!!!!
267.5/189.5/130
martha
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby DogMa » June 15th, 2005, 10:41 pm

I soak the chili and the chicken noodle. The beans/noodles were too hard otherwise.

I've been just mixing up a few at a time in little containers and then just leaving 'em in the fridge till I want them. And then I usually add a little salsa to the chili and sometimes some hot sauce to the chicken noodle (I want to try it with a little vinegar, too; or make my brother's famous spicy pickle soup - chicken soup, hot sauce and chopped-up sour pickles).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Weight Loss