Soups...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Soups...

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 24th, 2007, 12:05 pm

I love the crab soup, but not the chili nor the oatmeal.
Can you tell me your thoughts on the chicken/rice soup and chicken/noodle before I order.

thanks in advance for your tastebud experience!!

:bib:
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 24th, 2007, 12:25 pm

I nevr had the crab soup, love the oatmeal and chicken noodle (with a little bouillion). I used to love both the chili and wild rice but for some reason, the thought of eating them now makes me sick! So i save those packets for desperate days.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Mike » November 24th, 2007, 1:27 pm

I love the oatmeal, and I find it very nice to use in making medi-pancakes, brownies, and muffins.

As for the soups, I like the crab soup, beef stew, chili and creamy tomato.
Di likes the chicken with rice more than the chicken noodle, but with a little garlic its tasty.

The creamy chicken is good to use with other things, but I find it lacking by itself.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike

Postby rodeomom » November 24th, 2007, 4:11 pm

I LOVE to cook the Chick N Rice AND the Chick N Noodle on the stovetop with a little boullion in them. I add the soup when the water is still cool then let it get to a boil and boil for a minute then let it cool a little before eating. Cooking it this way helps cook all the rice and other goodies in them. They taste like the Lipton Packaged soups to me.

I have to doctor the oatmeal to eat it as oatmeal. For example I add apple pie spice to the apple, some SF maple syrup to the maple brown sugar etc. I do not like the peach nor the blueberry any way I have tried them.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby jskm » November 24th, 2007, 4:37 pm

I absolutely LOOOOOVE the chicken and rice soup, just like it comes out of the package, nothing added. It's my favorite MF soup actually, followed closely by chili (although I add things to the chili).

Chicken noodle however, not so good in my book. I really have to doctor it up to eat it. It's edible after I dump a bunch of soy sauce in it and cook it a really long time.

I cannot eat the oatmeal as oatmeal. Forget it. I cook it with it and get a lot of use out of it that way (pancakes, muffins).

My other favorite addiction is "crackers" out of the cream of chicken and cream of broccoli. I can't eat enough of these. (they really come out more like little pita chips, mmmm)

I just ordered my first box of crab soup in my last order (not here yet). Glad to hear you liked it, hope I do too!
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby lifelovinaries » November 24th, 2007, 6:05 pm

It still amazes me how everyone's tastes are so different!

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries

Postby jskm » November 28th, 2007, 9:48 pm

lifelovinaries wrote:It still amazes me how everyone's tastes are so different!

*sigh*

And right she is. Got that box of crab soup, tried it. BLECH!!! :eck: So gross. Tastes nothing like any kind of crab to me. Nothing could dress it up either. What a bomb! TG I only ordered one box. I LOVE crab and crab bisque, I just *knew* I would at least like this stuff. Oh well, live and learn. I've never had crab soup in Maryland, maybe that should've told me something. :mrgreen:
Restart date 10/16/2007
jskm
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby iammissruth » November 29th, 2007, 6:55 am

LOL Brooke... :lol:

I love the chicken noodle with a touch of pepper. The chicken and wild rice definitely needs a little help with the flavor. Boillion helped that out a LOT! I love the chilli, I add hot sauce and a touch of Molly MchCheese. And I love the beef veggie stew. I get the multi-grain crackers and dip into the stew. (Other wise I wouldn't eat the MF made crackers. Tastes kinda stale, like motza bread that my family gets at easter.)
The cream of broccoli I can't eat by itself. bleck... And I haven't tried the crackers yet. I have been too busy on the weekends to make anything.
As for the oatmeal.... The only time that I have successfully been able to keep it down is using them as little pie crusts filled with chocolate pudding. And banana muffins. Everything else I tried them in didn't turn out the way I expected and was a flop; cooking wise...
Ruthetta
iammissruth
Preferred member

Postby DogMa » November 29th, 2007, 11:52 am

rodeomom wrote:They taste like the Lipton Packaged soups to me.

And this would explain why I never liked the chicken soups. :lol:
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby PippiLongstocking » November 29th, 2007, 2:05 pm

I got the soy crisps today, in a word...=YUM! I love them. I would have ordered these long ago. :eat: Yee haw!
PippiLongstocking
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Return to Weight Loss