What tastes good for a newbie?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

What tastes good for a newbie?

Postby Amanda » April 30th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Hello everyone, I am in the process of placing my 1st order of medifast and I am asking for opinions on which bars, shakes, soups, oatmeals etc. taste best. I know everyone has personal tastes but I want to make sure for my 1st weeks I have something that tastes good so it's easier for me to stick to. Also I think I am one of those people who is ALWAYS hungry, So I was wondering if anyone is on the appetite suppressant shakes and how they taste, and if they seem to suppress their appetites.

I give everyone here so much credit for being brave and taking the steps to overcome their weight gain. You are all an inspiration for me, and I can't wait to start!!!

Wish me luck,.

Amanda
( :D Wisconsin)
Amanda

Postby TamiL » May 1st, 2004, 4:21 am

Hi Amanda!!
Glad to hear youll be starting Medifast...it truly is the ANSWER...and it WORKS!! if you go to the Lean Cuisine topic at the bottom of the page on the posts...youll find a bunch of recipes and some tips and some feedback on some of the supplements!! my personal favorites are:
the RTD shakes..cuz they are easy and convienient
(ready to drink shakes is what RTD stands for)
the Maple sugar Oatmeal
Cream of Chicken soup
Chili
and the regular shakes to make in the blender...with a little additions..they are wonderful!!
keep us posted on how you are doing...when your first order arrives!! gosh..it was like christmas to me the day my order arrived...I was like a little kid who was staring out the window waiting for the Fed Ex man to come!!

welcome!! ;)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jackie » May 2nd, 2004, 7:47 am

Hi Amanda and welcome,

I am the plain type of girl, vanilla and choc. shakes and I put a packet of splenda in. Like you said, everyone is different. The splenda cuts the aftertaste. After a few weeks you cant even tell, you get used to it. I also like the cin.apple oatmeal and LOVE the oatmeal bars!! :D

Well, I hope to be "seeing" you around.

Jackie
268/232/135
Jackie
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby shineface » May 2nd, 2004, 11:45 am

Hi Amanda -

Welcome --- I love the chocolate RTD shakes - because of convenience, vanilla shakes (powder) when I have the time so I can add different tastes and experiment with the results. I also love the p-nut butter and oatmeal raisin bars. The chili and crackers are awesome.

I am glad you are here - this is the last weight loss program you will ever need --- this forum and these people make all of the difference in the world!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

TASTE PREFERENCES

Postby kimay » May 3rd, 2004, 2:07 pm

Hi Amanda!
One of your questions was about the appetite suppressant shakes. To tell you the honest truth, I found them disgustingly thick and yucky. Not only that, I didn't find them to take away my appetite any more than the ordinary ones, really. They kind of gagged me. However, I am one of the one and lonely ones that doesn't like the chocolate anyways. I prefer the orange-pineapple shakes, 6 oz. good water , 5 ice cubes and one pack splenda, all really shook up good in a shaker jar. They taste and smell just like juicy fruit! I don't know where that pineapple logo came from, but just the same, I name it juicy fruit and I could (and am!) drinking it for the duration of my weight loss which will be about a total of 5 or 6 months -- 65 lbs. Soooo, that's is my personal opinion. I don't think anyone here at all even thinks of trying the orange-pineapple cuz it sounds so pineappley or something, but from the moment I tasted it I knew I could drink it every day and all day without hesitation for the duration and as for the chocolate it kind of stung my throat and didn't taste that greast. As for the appetite suppressant one, eeeww don't get me started, bought two boxes and I had to gag the first box down and the second box is in my cupboard collecting dust. Too thick and too yuck!
Good luck to you. Oh and I once sampled the strawberry and it tasted like melted strawberry ice cream (to me anyway).
If you're not sure, please make sure and buy samples and THEN decide before you buy bulk, trust me it will be worth the extra time and $$.
Bye 4 now,
Kim
3/19/04
189/165/125
kimay

Postby Unca_Tim » May 3rd, 2004, 10:52 pm

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum,
Just like walking into a restaurant, it's hard to say what you might like on the menu. The 2 or 4 week starter pack is a good way to get started with a little varienty. You can also order a few samples, or there's also a sample pack that gives you one of everything. If you've got a bit of weight to lose and plan on being on the program for a while, you might as well try everything. Course then there's those that just stick with one thing they like through the entire program.

Also if you're going to commit to the program for a while, it's best to order over $200 and take advantage of the free FEDX 3 day shipping. Otherwise, you get UPS 5-7 day shipping, unless you specify otherwise and it costs you more.

We're glad you found us,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Marseilles » May 7th, 2004, 9:04 pm

I LOVE the orange delight and the orange pineapple, cant handle any of the other 'shakes'. I find the cappucino and the cocoa really yummy as well, and they are a shake by technicality because they are 14g of protien..i always do three cold though, no matter what.

good luck to you!!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby LadyChamp » May 21st, 2004, 2:33 pm

Well, this is a while after the post but this is my opinion.

The strawberry sounded yucky to me so I didn't even try that. ewww

The orange/pineapple did sound yummy and it is as far as I am concerned.

I like the chocolate also.

I don't mix anything with them except the water.

I have not tried the vanilla but will have some next week. I have not tried the orange but will have some of that next week also.

The punch is okay, but a little too frothy for me.
PLUS it was back-ordered and we had to live on a few boxes of it til or next order came (if they had sent everything out at once we would have had one here and there but not several a day :( )

LadyChamp
338/316/138-125?
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby LadyChamp » May 21st, 2004, 2:42 pm

:idea: Oh, and I have not tried the bars, oatmeal, chili, or crackers, yet. But will be getting those from the shipment today also. :idea:
LadyChamp
Regular Member - #50 Club

Return to Come on in.