What I planning need feedback please

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What I planning need feedback please

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 14th, 2006, 9:15 am

Hello MF Family:

I started MF February 7, 2006. I have not weighed myself but I can definately notice a difference in my clothes already. So I am very happy :D .

However, I am going to need your feedback. My husband and I are off to Maui the 23rd of this month for a week. I want to stick to plan as much as possible. I love the fact that I am losing and want to maintain but preferrably continue to lose through our vacation. I planned to take some shakes and hot drinks for breakfast and snacks and eat low carb, low cal the other meals, similiar to atkins. Immediately returning to MF totally when we hit the streets of MD. Do you think this will be alright for the week I am away? Or do you have another suggestion.

I appreciate your advise.

Thanks,

Start Date: April 4, 2006
173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby falisamarie » February 14th, 2006, 9:23 am

Sonja

The best you can do is to stick to the program the best you can. We all have things pop up that may cause a slight deterence from program. I would take the packets with me and some bars and try my best to stay on program as much as possible. Hope you guys have a great time!!

Lisa :heart:
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2006, 10:59 am

Dear Sonja ~

You have such a great week of sun and fun to look forward to and I suspect your friends and family are so jealous as you toss your shorts and bathing suit in your suitcase while they arrange their woolen mufflers and stocking caps to keep the snow and chill away!

Vacationing with Medifast can be pretty easy actually – you can save a lot of $ and waistline grief by sticking to your program as much as possible.

Tourist breakfast stops can be pricey and very high in calories and you will be able to have your Medifast shakes or Cappuccino instead.

Unlike the Atkins plan, Medifast is a balanced program and it does include low glycemic carbohydrates with the protein portion – just avoid rice and bread and select steamed green veggies. You should be able to find a lot of meals that will be Medifast-friendly.

By sticking to your usual three hour meal schedule and using as many packets as you can, you can return with a healthy island glow and perhaps lose a pound.

If you snorkel and swim, you will love being able to come ashore and grab a bar for some added energy and then go back to the water for some more fun.

Alcohol and fruit are always a big temptation in the tropics – both are metabolized like sugar and can interfere with your weight loss. I'd recommend that IF you choose to booze, that you select something on the rocks or have it with Diet Coke or Diet 7 Up and not fruit juice. Some of those fancy umbrella drinks have a whole day's supply of calories in one glass...

They key is to not skip meals, thinking that you are saving up calories for a larger splurge later in the day – maintain a two and a half to three hour meal schedule, drink plenty of water to keep your body well-hydrated, and try to keep your meals as balanced as possible – if you have a couple of lean and green meals each day, keep the portions under control.

When we go to Hawaii, we take the Fruit and Nut bars – they stand up under the heat better and we take RTDs as they are perfect for tossing in a beach bag.

Have fun! Make your food selections wisely – choose things that you normally do not get to have – If I were on a vacation, I’d never choose to have tater chips or other such common things that I could have access to any old time but would rather have the things that are truly special or unique to the Maui adventure.

Have fun, Sonja and remember…nothing tastes as good as thin feels!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 14th, 2006, 11:35 am

Thanks so much for the feedback. I really do appreciate it. I now know what I will do. I will take Fruit & Nut bars (love them/ Thanks Nancy), some shakes and hot drinks. I will eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours as suggested (glad you suggested it). I will control my portions and definately stay away from all those starchy carbs. I will only eat steamed or raw veggies and the carbs in my MF meals. Othr wise I will eat boiled, broiled, steamed or bake fish and poultry.

Thanks again for your great feed back Lisa and Nancy and I will definately let you know how I did.

173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Postby Lauren » February 14th, 2006, 1:51 pm

Hi, Sonja, and congrats on your success so far! I doubt I have any additional insights beyond Nancy's suggestions, but just thought I'd let you know that I went to Aruba for a week when I was only about 6 weeks into MF.

I brought a bunch of packets of oatmeal, and every morning I used the coffee maker in the hotel room to make my oatmeal. Fortunately, our rooms had a little fridge, so I packed many RTDs, and put them in the fridge and freezer. Each morning, after my oatmeal, I would throw two RTD's into a ziploc (yep, I packed those too!), and shove them in my beach bag.

Sometimes my gang would go to have beach side lunches, and if I joined them, I would just get a house salad, and pick at it lightly, as something to do, but most days I skipped that. Late afternoon I usually went to the gym, so I ate a bar before working out. I brough many packs of MF crackers, and threw them in my purse on our way out for dinner each night, just in case it took long to be seated, or I was worried that the cravings would overwhelm me. I would sometimes eat them when we sat down. The BEST part of vacation, which you will find in Hawaii as well, is the wonderful array of fresh fish/seafood. Treat yourself! Each night I had beautiful fish, lobster, shrimp, grouper, whatever's their "catch." Ask for it grilled/steamed, no butter, no sauce. If you must have a sauce, better to ask for it on the side, so you can control the amount. Always ask for steamed veggies, instead of whatever potato or rice they want to give you. Do NOT let them give you the rice/potato at all, thinking you'll shove it aside...you may not. :-)

I would have an extra Diet Coke when others had dessert - it gave me something sweet.

When I finally got back to my room late at night, I would have my last RTD shake, as a sweet night time treat!

I drank tons of water, and it truly was an easy (and cheap!) way to travel!

Most importantly - have fun!

Lauren
Lauren
Preferred Member - #170 Club
Preferred Member - #170 Club

Postby Nancy » February 14th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Lauren ~

You are right-on about the rice or potatoes - if they don't arrive on your plate, then there is no temptation to deal with - same with bread - I just ask that none be delivered to the table - outta sight, outta my mind and off my hips!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Soon2bFitSonja » February 14th, 2006, 3:13 pm

Lauren:

Thanks soooo much for the extra tips. I did not think of the crackers. I haven't tried them but will order some before I leave (better get ordering). I will also order some RTD shakes to carry with me.

You guys sure make me want to stay focused while vacationing. Thanks.

Nancy, how can I start ordering my products from you? I guess I just call the 1-800#.

173.6/???/134
Soon2bFitSonja
Trusted Member

Return to The Weight Room