Planning a wedding?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Planning a wedding?

Postby cydj21 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:33 pm

It seems there are a lot of us around here these days who are getting married soon, or who are planning a wedding. I was just curious to see how many of us there are?

I was engaged in the spring, and am slowly beginning the process of planning. I am currently waiting on grad school applications, and once I know where/if I get it, I will officially set a date. I am definitely having a summer wedding near where I grew up in 1000 Islands region of New York State....in a couple of months I should know if it's the summer of 2007 or the summer of 2008.

I have always wanted to be thinner, for the sake of being thin. I want to be beautiful, healthy, and confident.....but I definitely know that I do not want to be wearing a white satin tent instead of the beautiful wedding dress I've always envisioned. I have a little folder of images of dresses on my computer that I flip through during the day or at night when I would otherwise be snacking....and it makes me happy that I am taking steps toward reaching that goal. I cannot wait.

I am one of those stereotypical girls who has dreamed of her wedding for a long time...especially in the years since my fiance and I got together nearly five years ago. In none of those dreams I am fat. What is it Nancy says? "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels." I will not fail myself and shop in the plus size dress section. I'm doing this whole marriage thing once, and I am doing it right the first time!

....and that is my motivation when the chocolate chip cookies start singing my name. :angel:
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » January 22nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Ok as someone who just got married and who DID get married fat let me just tell you this-- as shallow as it may seem, nothing will make you happier on your wedding day then being thin and beautiful. When I was engaged I promised myself I would be thinner for my wedding. I had 9 months to do it. Unfortunately I did not have MF and did not even know about it-- how I wish I had! I not only married fat but I was 40 pounds heavier then when I got engaged! How pathetic is that??

I am so envious that you have the opportunity not to make my mistakes! (I mean envious in a really good way though!) You are going to look like a DREAM and it will be the best day of your life.

Note: I don't want y'all to think my wedding day wasn't wonderful because it truly was. I married a great looking guy who loves me unconditionally. But there was a huge cloud over the entire day when it came to my size. I just didn't feel like a bride should- I didn't feel like the most beautiful girl in the room.

I wish that for you, cyd, and so much more! Seriously, its going to be worth it. But I am pretty sure you know that.
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby lameteorologa » January 22nd, 2006, 6:10 pm

I am also getting married soon!! Our wedding is in August, so I need to lose and quickly!! I am so excited to marry my FI, but I have been dreading the wedding day because I don't want to feel as ugly as I feel right now.

I bought my dress already, but it will be custom-made to fit me (yay for the couture process, I guess). I need to go to NYC to get fitted sometime in the next couple months. I am hoping to be down to 175 when I go. Then, once the dress is made, Saks can alter it down to wherever I am in June. I WILL be 135 by then, so help me. I have lost 11 lbs in 10 days....I will not quit!!

Cyd ~ let's check in with each other! I'd love to hear about your wedding plans!

Zinkette ~ Thank you so much for your comments. I'm sure you were a beautiful bride!! I know you will be just stunning after doing MF. I'm sorry there is a cloud over your day, but I understand what you mean. There have been so many big events in my life I swore I'd lose weight for, and it never happened, so I was left feeling disappointed. I know there are no "redos" on those things, but maybe you and your DH should plan a vow renewal and you should buy a slinky, white dress to wear to it!! What a great excuse to throw a party!! :D
lameteorologa
Regular Member - #30 Club

Postby Guest » January 22nd, 2006, 6:53 pm

Add me to the 2006 Brides!

I am going to be married this summer in the Virgin Islands. It is going to be a casual affair with just us and a few friends. We are going to be spending the week hanging out on the beach, snorkeling, sailing, and sipping cold drinks and I for one plan to be wearing a bikini. :D

Anytime I get bored or question whether or not I could have just one bite of something off the plan...I picture myself looking radiant....thin, tan, and with an ocean breeze blowing in my hair!

Postby Trixie » January 22nd, 2006, 6:57 pm

Hey guys...that "Guest" looking great in the bikini was me!!
2007 Start Date: 01/02/2007
Trixie
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 23rd, 2006, 7:32 am

Another Bride here!!

I'm getting married on March 18th! 8 weeks from now!! :cheers:

It's my biggest motivation to get my weight down as well as I turned 50 this past April and I want to be living a healthier lifestyle so I can live a longer life with my new hubby. My short term goal is to have 30 pounds off by the wedding. I'm down 10.5 so I think it's very possible.

Our wedding is going to be in a friend's home that sits on the cliffs of Shell Beach, CA. It's a casual affair. Friends, family, dancing. Approximately 50 people. We're having Mexican food catered and I'm wearing RED! I already have my dress and I LOVE it. It's feminine and so pretty. I'll be sure to take pictures when the big day arrives! I too will have to alter my dress at this rate, but alterations to make it smaller is a good thing.

All my best wishes to the other brides and keep up the good work. You'll all be beautiful brides on your special day.

Sue
:D
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.